Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Anastasia- Ringing Cedars of Russia
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 22, 2012 12:02AM

Things to Make and Do

A pair of quotation marks "" is equivalent to the exact phrase slot in Google.

Go to Google.com

Put diniz between a pair of quotation marks as in "diniz"

Put cedars of russia between a pair of quotation marks as in "cedars of russia"

In one slot you have "diniz" "cedars of russia"

Press search button.

See what comes up.

Now...come on back four months from now.

See if any of this is still available on Google.

Remember friends--each additional person who is enticed to get involved with Ringing Cedars of Russia brings donated labor 'sweat equity' to Anastasia.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zCbPQLlVe7sJ:[www.ringingcedarsforum.com]

Crystal child speaks out on project camelot wearing a cedar

Page 1 of 1
[ 3 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic

(name omitted)Post subject: Crystal child speaks out on project camelot wearing a cedarPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:53 am

Location: Canada Hi there my name is Jessica and i really wanted to help spread the word on anastasia
so i decided to do that by sharing my own personal story and insights to project camelot
I wore my ringing cedar proudly

[www.youtube.com] ... annel_page

so far i have had over 28,000 hits and then i lead people to my website where i advertise for the ringing cedars of russia series
i am not getting paid to advertise for them (Sweat Equity--Anastasia getting RICH-C)

i am doing this cause people need to know about these books
and i am useing the vehicle and audience of something vast like project camelot and coast to coast am to draw millions more to anastasia and her dream

warm embrace in unconditional love
thank you for you being you
(omitted)an emmissary for Anastasia

we are the answer to our prayers
(omitted for privacy)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 22, 2012 12:10AM

Economics Lesson

Most definitions of sweat equity refer to labor by an owner of a business or house--remodeling that increases market value of the house.

Labor donated by supporters/disciples is also 'sweat equity.' It is wealth.

As in free advertising provided by the person quoted above.

[www.google.com]

Policy for Documenting Volunteer Labor and Sweat Equity I. Match ...The value of sweat equity shall be calculated using the rate paid for unskilled
labor in your market area or no more than $10 ... Donated Labor Match Summary ...
www.kyhousing.org/.../ CompletePolicyforDocumentingVolunteerLaborandSweatEquity.doc - - Cached - Similar pages

L.S.A., list of C.F.R. sections affected(6) Donated labor. All donated labor, including sweat equity provided by a
homebuyer or homeowner, to be valued at $10 an hour or at a rate promulgated
by ...
books.google.com/books?id=ncGHAAAAMAAJ

The Code of Federal regulations of the United States of America(6) Donated labor. All donated labor, including sweat equity provided by a
homebuyer or homeowner, to be valued at $10 an hour or at a rate promulgated
by ...
books.google.com/books?id=ijI6AAAAIAAJ

24 CFR 572.220 - Implementation grants—matching requirements ...Apr 1, 2012 ... (6) Donated labor. All donated labor, including sweat equity provided by a
homebuyer or homeowner, to be valued at $10 an hour or at a rate ...
www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/24/572.220 - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

Date: December 22, 2012 12:29AM

It appears that Anastasia speaks of 'Dark Forces'. Great. Stir some fear into the brew after people feel emotionally committed.

This stuff is getting around. There are Cedars of Russia 'meet ups' and one comment on Amazon noted that Book One had been translated into Norwegian.

Marketing, folks. Marketing.

Aha. Amazon.com

Other people in addition to 'Anastasia' helped put Book One together

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars, Book 1) [Paperback] Vladimir Megre (Author), Leonid (Editor), Dr. Sharashkin (Editor)
3.9 out of 5 stars

Book Description
Publication Date: June 15, 2008

"Anastasia", the first book of the Ringing Cedars Series, tells the story of entrepreneur Vladimir Megre's trade trip to the Siberian taiga in 1995, where he witnessed incredible spiritual phenomena connected with sacred 'ringing cedar' trees.

He spent three days with a woman named Anastasia who shared with him her unique outlook on subjects as diverse as gardening, child-rearing, healing, Nature, sexuality, religion and more. This wilderness experience transformed Vladimir so deeply that he abandoned his commercial plans and, penniless, went to Moscow to fulfil Anastasia's request and write a book about the spiritual insights she so generously shared with him.
'True to her promise this life-changing book, once written, has become an international best-seller and has touched hearts of millions of people world-wide.

One person dared to share doubts.

142 of 155 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Skip this book, go meditate in the Forest. March 18, 2011
By hkudra
Format:Paperback
Some of my friends are into this book series and told me to read it because I live on a farm. I interact with nature spirits and facilitate healing for other people and am really into the Woo Woo, just to give you my credentials.

That being said, this book is awful. The author himself tipped me off to his scam when he writes about the healing properties of pine nuts. So I went to his website and sure enough he is selling pine nut oil for $25. oo 3.5 oz. The author's writing style is style-less. He comes off as a womanizer out to make money.

Anastasia's character is a completely different story. She comes off as arrogant, not magical or even spiritual.
Anastasia is all into telling us what is good and bad. How can you be enlightened when you see in black and white?
Anastasia is all about telling you what is Right. I am not looking for a preacher, are you?
Personally I felt like I was at a cult meeting. And if you really want to be healthy, you'll buy all the Siberian Cedar products available at the author's website.

If you want to know what is True, Go Meditate! It is that simple, you don't need a book to figure out your own Soul.

Anastasia talks often about the 'dark forces' and what They do to screw up humanity [sounds like the devil's influence to me (sarcasm)]. If she knows everything at once, as is claimed, then why doesn't she specifically expose these Dark Forces? I am sure all the conspiracy theorists out there would love to know who THEY really are (I guess we have to leave that to David Icke).

She also talks about how women shouldn't dress in revealing clothing. Even though she runs around in a sheer slip or just plain nude in front of a man she just met and then has sex with him so they will have a son together. I am not kidding. Women who are concerned with their appearance and have sex for reasons other than procreation will never be happy according to Anastasia. Seriously, did I just go to a fundamentalist church?

Next up, go suck on some seeds, and then don't water them for three days. Good luck with that. Apparently,you have to do this with your garden seeds or they won't 'know' you enough to heal you. Oh, also, go to the Ringing Cedars website and buy the dvd sets on how to mix your spit with the seeds. Go ahead, spend more money.

Plant spirits always want to help, they just need to be asked. All you have to do is call the spirit of the plant that you are sowing and ask it for guidance. Being quiet in your mind will lead to you to YOUR truth.

If you must read a book on the subject of gardening, Peralandra's Garden Workbook is much more informative than this poorly written novel.

Some people like to be told what do to and to think, its easier than actually finding the still point inside of yourself that leads you right to your own Soul.

Bless you all.
If this series resonates with you, joy to you.

Don't pay me no mind.

Comments that followed this above authors essay

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1XVTWKWA6PWG4

Posted on May 12, 2012 3:12:21 PM PDT
eldywe says:
Thank you! I loved reading your review! I've just spent most of the evening listening to my boyfriend reading aloud the first half of the first book to me. (First book just translated into Norwegian) I had heard a lot about it, and was curious to check it out for myself. Both me and my love are deeply spiritual people, and no novices when it comes to woohoo, magic and wonders, we care about the earth and love our vegetables. I can't believe we managed to read half of this incredibly crappy book. We had open minds and tried to blame the awful writing style on Russian culture and tradition (or something).

The whole time I had a real strong feeling of an imaginative marketing scheme, creating a story to go with the product, oil, cedar spoons etc, and also felt like I was reading a cheap paperback romance novel. I can hardly believe people fall for this stuff....

That black and white/right/wrong thinking/ strict rules is not very spiritual in my view. I always question everything (like Buddha suggested:) and DEFINITELY don't appreciate somebody trying to tell me what to do or think, and not have sex unless it's for procreation!?

I'll stick with my coconut and olive oil, and talk to Jesus directly when I need to (and any other loving helpful spirit), and God is everywhere, no "dark forces here" :) In other words, we'll not be finishing the 10 books;D

...and Bless all the people that for some reason like these books, may it do them good in some way.
Reply to this post
Permalink | Report abuse
11 of 11 people think this post adds to the discussion. Do you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 11:03:17 AM PDT
E. Green says:
I love your post and am very grateful that I happened to read it because I was minutes from making a purchase which I now know would have been a mistake. Everyone goes out searching for answers when we already have it all within us. No $150 book series or Siberian Cedar products required. Thanks, never expected to get so much inspiration from an Amazon review!

Page 2 of comments following arti8cle on Amazon.

[www.amazon.com]

Posted on Jul 3, 2012 6:49:35 AM PDT
L. Kimball says:
I too am an ordained Minister of Woo Woo. Thank you for the helpful review. I am reminded of the Carlos Castenada books and Mutant Messages Down Under. All enjoyable books but should not have been sold as non-fiction.

The Celestine Prophecy and the Dan Milman books were very enjoyable but I don't think they ever claimed to be anything but novels.
Reply to this post
Permalink | Report abuse
4 of 4 people think this post adds to the discussion. Do you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted on Aug 4, 2012 3:39:59 PM PDT
Campbell says:
agreed, agreed, agreed! I can only guess the popularity of these books is due to the many bible quotes scattered throughout. Perhaps Christians like these books because of the validation they provide of the bible, or because they want a slice of the "new age" pie without feeling heretical, and these books are presented as some sort of new-agey/mystical narrative, yet they give a stamp of approval to Christian doctrine. Or perhaps people are simply impressed by the fact that the title character has trained squirrels to feed her nuts! I too was frustrated by the frequent mentions of "dark forces," with absolutely no elaboration given....I suppose one needs to purchase the other books in the series to get to that. This is an exercise in book-selling and ego stroking. There is little content here, the writing is egoistic and misogynistic. As mentioned above, nature will gladly share insights with you if you desire! Just don't pick up nonsense books like this and go outside instead!
Reply to this post
Permalink | Report abuse
2 of 2 people think this post adds to the discussion. Do you?

Posted on Sep 6, 2012 10:43:17 AM PDT
L. A. Olson says:
Nice to get another perspective. I'll keep it in mind. I haven't even looked at the books yet but have had them recommended by someone I respect and admire.
Reply to this post
Permalink | Report abuse
0 of 1 people think this post adds to the discussion. Do you?

Posted on Sep 15, 2012 12:37:13 AM PDT
(name omitted)says:

It is obvious this reader did not read more than the first book. If one is well versed in woo woo, start with book 4, Co Creation, that's when the more advanced stuff begins. As for "then why doesn't she specifically expose these Dark Forces", she does, but not in the first book.

Books 1-3 start off explaining things in a way that one who is not familiar with metaphysics (like Megre at first) can comprehend. I recommend cynics just jump right to book 4 and if one needs clarification back up to the previous books.

I, however, loved every one of the books and am reading them for a second time. They are so packed with information, I could not absorb it all the first time through.

reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 4:32:02 AM PDT
denise says:
Totally agree with you Chandra. I am about to read the whole set again for the second time. FANTASTIC books with beautiful messages and ideas that would turn our world around. I have read close to two hundred books through the years (Metaphysical, Spiritual, Channeled, etc) and after reading Book 4 on, this set is definitely at the top of my favorites.

You can't just read a few chapters and make a judgement on the whole series. He is not a professional writer, but gets better around book 3. He wanted to get her messages out, even at the risk of critics judging his writing ability. My friends and family have all borrowed these books from me. Sometimes reading one book in only two days, not being able to put them down. And coming back to borrow the next book. They finally went and bought the whole sets to own, because their partners and friends want to borrow them too. Just turn on your right-sided brain and enjoy!
Also, Author does not make ANY money off any products sold (nuts, oil, etc).
Reply to this post
Permalink | Report abuse
2 of 3 people think this post adds to the discussion. Do you?

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 12:29:20 PM PDT
Christa says:
I agree with Denise and Chandra. These books have touched my heart in a way i never thought possible. I don't live in a farm, nor was i in touch with nature until after reading these books. I had to make a conscious effort to go outside and appreciate the beauty of God's creations.

I really feel sorry for the reader who learns nothing from these books except criticism. If everyone could comprehend her words of wisdom, the world would be a better place.
And as a reference, I have left seeds in the ground un-watered for months and they DID sprout up during the rainy season, growing bigger vegetables than ever before.
"Father, you are everywhere!" :D
Reply to this post
Permalink | Report abuse
1 of 1 people think this post adds to the discussion. Do you?

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 3:24:25 PM PST
(name omitted):
Thank you for your review. I have been told by so many people that this was a life altering book that I've been thinking about getting it. The problem is I've been told that before, started reading the book and thought "you've got to be kidding." I certainly didn't want to invest time and/or money into that kind of reading again. I live on a farm with nature and do the woo woo stuff too. My life is the earth and you can't get that from any book. Of course if there isn't a book, they can't get money from the gullible. Thanks again, you've saved me some aggravation.

Date: December 22, 2012 12:35AM

Vladimir Megre

[www.google.com]

Pine Nut Oil - Siberian Pine, Pinus sibirica or ancient native name Siberian Cedar
INERVIEW WITH VLADIMIR MEGRE FOR TAIGA MAGASINE

PineNutOil.org

Q.: Vladimir Nikolayevich, will you tell our readers a little bit about the children. What are they doing and what are their plans for the future?

Vladimir Megre: I think they are developing splendidly. What tasks and challenges they will face, I cannot answer with certainty. Life itself must show that. I myself don't even know about my own future. Of course I want only the best for them.

Q.: What do the children do in their daily lives?

Vladimir Megre: It is not easy to describe their life with a few words. Let me say it in this way: They learn to think. The major task for human beings consists of learning how to think. We have forgotten how to think, which is a problem with all of humankind. We use the majority of our life energy to provide for food and shelter. However, one really does not need to think about this much. We forget that the earth has provided for all our needs since primeval times. What is more important is to recognize the true nature of the earth and which forces are at work on our home planet. Instead of spending so much effort to ensure our survival, we should dream more and be creative. We should create similar worlds such as ours on other planets. I believe mankind will concern itself with these questions as soon as it recognizes its own purpose.

Q.: Many of us still want to know how little Vladimir experienced the birth of his baby sister?

Vladimir Megre: He dreamed about it for a long time, and looked forward to her arrival very much. By now, naturally, it also happens occasionally that he is irritable with her, but that is completely normal because of their age difference. Their thoughtful, curious eyes are expressions of their desire to understand the world and its people. They have a very attentive relationship vis-a-vis adults.

Q.: Does Volodya tell you about his newest discoveries?

Vladimir Megre: He is constantly busy expanding his discoveries about the world surrounding him and of the entire cosmos. "Discoveries" is actually not the right expression, rather, he is sharpening his understanding of the world and its true laws. When he was younger he would imagine that he was located in the control center of a spaceship - a spaceship, which did not consist of metal or other artificial materials, but of living matter, and in which everything was created for humans and at their disposal. Childhood is given to us so we can recognize and learn all this. And that's exactly what he is doing. This process is alien to many of our children because of the influence of the technocratic world. Modern people spend their entire life with the study of the technocratic world. Telephones, computers and cars, however, are nothing more than prostheses. All our lives, we learn to use these prostheses and use the power of our thoughts to create better and better prostheses. That is very unfortunate.

Q.: How do Anastasia and the children spend the winter?

Vladimir Megre: In the winter the children sleep much more, and because they were born and live in that environment, they are well adapted to the icy winters. There are even people which were not born in such a rough climate but who are nevertheless not bothered by these low temperatures. I know a few people in Saint Petersburg who wear nothing but a short-sleeved shirt over their skin in the winter. Anastasia runs around barefoot without problems, and sometimes she wears a type of footwear like the Bedouins. In the film "Family Domains" the family Molchanowych is shown, and one sees how their small child runs barefoot through the snow. They even say that clothes are unpleasant to him and that he can bathe in ice water. This is, to be sure, about a child which is just learning to toughen up. The same is naturally all the more true for Anastasia and her children. They do not need to wrap themselves up, because they are living in their natural environment. I assume, that it has also to do with their genes.

Here in Egypt I observe the cats with great interest. They have a very similar coat to the Siberian cats, only here they can tolerate plus 40 degrees (Ed.: Celsius, 104 F), as opposed to minus 40 degrees in Siberia - a difference of 80 degrees (in Celsius). What absolutely perfect adaptation! Human beings have been equipped with such powers since primordial times, but in our technological environment we lose those abilities, since they remain unused. Since humans have become too complacent to adapt, they create prostheses for themselves: air conditioning systems, heating elements and new types of clothing materials. The hunters in the Taiga carry only a padded jacket and a turtleneck sweater; they do not need a fur, since they constantly move. Also, their inner feeling-world is much more intense than ours. Someone who comes out of a Russian bath into the cold snow, actually enjoys the icy cold for quite awhile. While we are talking here about an artificial increase of temperature, the same can be effected in natural ways. Humans have their own protective mechanisms which can increase body temperature. This is expressed, for example, in the form of a fever. For now, however, lets agree with the statement that by this mechanism the temperature is held at 36.6 degrees (Ed.: Celsius; 97.9 F). Anastasia moves around even more in ice-cold weather, not physically, but rather internally, in order to utilize her body's own thermal capacity.

Q.: And what do they do during the long winter evenings?

Vladimir Megre: In order to understand how they occupy themselves, one need only to observe humans around their own farm. There is always something to do: they observe nature and the animals. I find such a life very pleasing.

Q.: There are many letters, in which readers ask Anastasia to heal relatives or children. Can you speak to those requests?

Vladimir Megre: I have responded to these requests repeatedly and have also written about these issues. Anastasia does not treat acute diseases. She could heal me as well, but does not do that either. Illness is a conversation between man and God. It is a false concept that a doctor or some medication can heal an illness. In reality humans can heal every one of their diseases themselves, exactly the same way they did cause them themselves. But for this it is necessary to understand the underlying causes of an illness. We must learn to develop our own consciousness. Even serious diseases such as cancer are there for us to learn from. At least that is Anastasia's opinion, and I cannot argue with that. I have asked her off and on to treat certain conditions, but she refuses, since she regards such healing as an interference. Perhaps it is God whom a sick person really needs. And maybe we become ill because we do not live in divine nature, but in a stony prison.

Q.: Do you still experience communication difficulties between you and your children, or have you found a better way to connect with them?

Vladimir Megre: Indeed, I still have not found a more satisfying way to communicate with them and have also found no educational method to bring to them. But I am very pleased with their behavior - so much so that I hope to learn from their example too. Momentarily, I make no contribution to their education. Perhaps it is also simply true that I am committed to use my time to write books.

Q.: Vladimir Nikolayevich, can you comment on the Eco-Village movement: What is your opinion about the main problem with its development? Why doesn't everything proceed more quickly, the way one might want to see it happen?

Vladimir Megre: First of all I do not have the impression that this movement is developing slowly. Secondly modern humans are obviously not ready, without preparation upon the land, so as to assure an ideal settlement. In Russia there are already some people, those, who have developed a plan, and designed a settlement on the land. I do not know how many there are, but expect many more in the future. It is important for their successors to be able to learn from their errors. If you did everything at once, the possibility for errors would surely be much larger. Everyone knows for example that the ground must be first enriched and that one should not cultivate anything in the first two, three years except certain plants, which fertilize the ground. Others do not consider where groundwater is to be found, or they make errors with the construction of houses. Presently, such errors are still pervasive. I trust that we are altogether on the correct path, and one can see a tendency toward an intensification of the eco-village movement. And that is the main thing.

Q.: We often receive questions about karmic relationships. How do certain relationships come about, and how do they persist between parents and children or more generally, between relatives?

Vladimir Megre: If we accept the basis of the theory which Anastasia teaches - in which cases an actual reincarnation takes place, in which cases humans are restored as an integral spiritual unit and in which cases their energy becomes scattered on low dimensional levels, then one can say that our encounters are again and again new and represent important teachings and examinations for us. On the other hand these encounters are very multilayered and confounded, so that it is nearly impossible to make factual statements regarding individual cases.

The question is also frequently posed regarding the relationship of Anastasia's grandfather to the caste of the priests. If the question is answered in the affirmative, then this would mean that Anastasia's ancestors were involved since primordial times in misleading humans away from the truth. I could of course also have kept this information undisclosed, but I did not see any purpose in hiding the truth from people. Modern humans really do not understand which purposes the sacrificial priests pursued and whether they were ultimately negative or not. We also do not exactly know to what extent religions affected the evolution of mankind, although there is no doubt about the great role they played in the history of mankind.

We do know, first of all, that religions were devised by the priests. Secondly we know that the priests did not agree in all points. To a large extent they drew their own conclusions, each one for himself, even though they also agreed in many points and pursued common goals. For example, with regard to the lineage of Moses, its role is likewise ambiguous. On the one hand Anastasia was raised by him, on the other hand she does not agree with him on everything, and she herself does a completely different thing. Her actions prove quite clearly, however, that she is perfectly correct.

One could look at the priests as great scientists and philosophers. Our problem is that mankind is being "led" in the first place. Individuals hardly think for themselves any more; others think for us. That which affects us most at present are television and politics. The early priests were at the same time also very powerful politicians. But even if Anastasia came from ancestors who were some of those priests, I can see nothing bad in that. The Germans for example had their Hitler. Should we therefore compare their entire nation to him? That would certainly be a great mistake.

Q.: Anastasia's grandfather said to you that you should create a political party. Why have you not pursued anything in that regard?

Vladimir Megre: First of all I do not hold myself out to be able to lead people in that kind of way. Secondly I could not write my books at the same time and also develop a film script for the world. And thirdly: If I would organize a party, then people would simply watch and listen, without really becoming active with anything . It's much better if there is a group of people which does not even need to be registered, which does go out, however, from the heart of humans. If it should be nevertheless registered, then I will join it as a simple member. My resolution has been certain for a long time, namely that I never want to be a political party leader.

Q.: At a certain time, our calendars were changed. Does that have any meaning?

Vladimir Megre: I think such an interference has great importance, particularly if dates are changed. According to our calendar one might assume that mankind has only existed for a few thousand years, but in reality we have existed for much longer. By way of this arbitrary calendar change one becomes isolated from the times which existed before, and in that way, we are also separated from the knowledge of that time. Whoever separates from his parents, for him they no longer exist in reality. It was probably not coincidental that this change was introduced, and it has been detrimental.

Q.: But back then there also existed a Vedic calendar. Can't one re-establish that?

Vladimir Megre: I did not inquire about that yet, but I think it should be possible. The Chinese calendar for example is six thousand years old. Therefore they have lived for six thousand years, whereas we supposedly have only lived for a few thousand years. But one can safely assume that mankind has been around for millions or even billions of years, which is practically half of an eternity. Therefore the Chinese calendar, so much older, is much more authentic than ours. Also the traditional healing sciences are so much further developed than they are here with us - it might be one of the best in the world.

Q.: Vladimir Nikolayevich, people often ask why you decided to publish the current volumes in three parts?

Vladimir Megre: Because the topic required it. I found it necessary to write about the subject matter in more detail, namely the concept of a new human civilization - and about human civilization in general. In that way, I could organize it better. Because it is such an important subject matter, I decided to expand this topic in several different ways. Sometimes it even seems as if I deviate from the topic. For example, many readers might ask themselves: Why all these rituals? Rituals are, however, very important. In the past, humans learned to evolve by way of rituals; to improve their well-being, or to pass on information from one generation to the next. But these rituals were suddenly abolished. Otherwise we might already be very close to the ultimate human perfection. But what do we have now in their place? Nothing at all other than platitudes and naive tales, such as, for example, the journey to the "eternal fire". What information can one get from that? And if one considers the rituals more carefully, then one finds out that in each action, in each motion, powerful information is contained which has a positive effect on the psyche of the whole person - and of a whole people. Therefore I had to deal with the issue of rituals at length, in order to make a selection possible of the best rituals of different epochs, with whose assistance the new civilization can be created.

Q.: Our last request, dear Vladimir Nikolayevich: Do you have any other special message to our Space of Love Magazine and THE EARTH newspaper readers, especially regarding the online Petition to the United Nations?

Vladimir Megre: My Canadian friends have informed me that a petition has been published and signatures are being collected at the site [www.petitiononline.com], and have sent me a number of comments.

I am delighted with the rapidity of the actions and the depth of understanding of the situation by our readers; people in Russia are also collecting signatures for a similar declaration, a good, positive situation is resulting that just takes one's breath away, families world-wide understand where the way out of the crisis lies. The real economic crisis is not the cause of the incipient world-wide general depression, it is the consequence. The cause lies in the life-style philosophy, and if not only the recognized financial experts, economists, and members of government, but also the most important force - the people - would take the matter in hand in one fell swoop, then a bright future would be assured.

I am preparing a letter to President Barack Obama of the United States with a proposal to examine the idea of Kin's Domains, the life-style philosophy set out by Anastasia, the heroine of my books, to accept it as a basic way out of the crisis, but I now think that my letter will not be important, what will be important will be the actions of each of you.

Thank you, each and every one of you, for understanding the idea!

Economists are forecasting a way out of the world-wide crisis in two to three years, some speak of five years, while others claim that, in general, there is no way out of this crisis, since it will be followed by a more enormous and global crisis related to the lack of quality food products, global climate change, and a number of other natural cataclysms. I maintain that, if the philosophy of the Kin's Domain is accepted by a majority of people and supported on the level of governments, there will be no crises threatening the planet, because instead of negative information raining down upon the people of all countries from various mass media, there will be a flood of positive information.

A way out of the world-wide crisis may occur not in three to five years, but much more quickly. This will happen when the philosophy of life in a Kin's Estate is widely and sincerely promoted and understood and supported by you. I think it is precisely this philosophy that must be brought to the forefront.

To whom? I do not want to be a radical, but I think that governments that do not understand the essence of the problem will simply sink into oblivion, they will be replaced by people with a new mentality. To this day I am pondering the question: does the person choose the idea, or does the idea choose the person? What do you think?

I thank you yet again for your understanding, and hope for your active participation in the realization of a wonderful future.

I would like to express special gratitude to Regina Jensen, the editor of Space of Love Magazine (www.spaceoflovemagazine.com) and the team at the newspaper The Earth (www.ringincedarsofrussia.org/theearth).

With respect and delight at your actions,
Vladimir Megre

[www.earthlife.info]
Used by permission.
© Translation Copyright [www.pinenutoil.org]

These articles come directly from researchers and are passed on to everybody. PineNutOil.org assumes no liability for any content in these articles.

For Educational purposes only.
This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Copyright © 2009 PineNutOil.org

(excerpt from an article translated from Russian Newsweek)

Translated by Anonymous from the Russian edition of Newsweek (No 4 [273] Jan. 18-24, 2010).

[www.runewsweek.ru]

SOUL SNATCHERS

by Darina Shevchenko, January 17, 2010

CASTING A NET ON THE WEB

Ten years ago, Alexander Dvorkin used to call foreign colleagues and ask about sects that were arriving in Russia. Now it’s the complete opposite: foreign sect watchers and security services are asking Dvorkin to provide information about sects from Russia that proselytize abroad.

Chief on the mind of the Europeans is Anastasia, a mythical woman who is said to live in the Siberian taiga and to possess paranormal abilities. Thousands of followers flock to Germany for meetings with Vladimir Megre, founder of the cult and author of a series of books about Anastasia. Anastasia of Siberia is also popular in Holland.

Inge is a sixty-year-old Dutch woman who lives in Rotterdam in a small house with a garden. For her, Russia is not associated with vodka and nested dolls, but with the magical woman Anastasia, who heals with herbs and communicates with animals. Inge refuses to believe that Anastasia is the product of Megre’s imagination. "In Russia, where such an untouched natural environment still exists, such a miracle must be real," she replies to all objections. Inge regularly orders new books about Anastasia on the Internet and buys various pendants and ointments that are supposedly made by the Siberian healer.

According to Urvan Parfentiev, coordinator of the Center for Internet Security, sects are very progressive as far as new methods of communication are concerned. "They meet teenagers and young people through blogs, social networks, and chat rooms. They offer friendship and emotional support. It’s very rare that they openly say they are representing a sort of religious organization," says Parfentiev.

Date: December 22, 2012 12:45AM

Additional search terms

Kin Domains or Kin's Domains

[www.google.com]

What is a Kin's Domain? | EcoHarmony Kins Community.comKin's domain settlements are a new step in eco-village development. They share
some elements with general eco-villages: eco-building, recycling and reduction ...
ecoharmonykinscommunity.com/what-is-a-kins-domain/ - 65k - Cached - Similar pages

Colorado Kin DomainsColorado Kin's Domains is the funding and research organization. Ark
Conservation Ranch is the working name of our Colorado Kin's Domain
Settlement.
www.coloradokindomains.com/ - 53k - Cached - Similar pages

KIN'S DOMAINS INTERNATIONAL - What Is A Kins Domain? Kin ...Oct 28, 2010 ... Kins Domains Association. What is a Kins Domain? kin = family : domain = home.
kin. 1. a group of persons of common ancestry : clan ...
loveforlife.com.au/.../kins-domains-international-what-kins-domain-kin- family-domain-home-16-x-a4-page-pdf - 122k - Cached - Similar pages

Kin's Domain - One Hectare Against World CrisisThere are no difficulties that can frighten them. Neither the absence of support
from the government, nor the absence of an infrastructure, many of them are still ...
www.ringingcedarsofrussia.org/.../kins-domain/against.../2009-apr.html - 455k - Cached - Similar pages

Kin's domains of the Earth - Inspiring video (DVDs, movies, videos ...The story about Russian ecovillages of new type - Ecovillages of Kin's domains
continues! Ecovillage of Kin's domains is a settlement based.
www.permies.com/t/2544/.../Kin-domains-Earth-Inspiring-video - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

Kin DomainsFind others to create an Anastasia/Ringing cedars community with. Get your Kin
Domain and start building a brighter future now, hosted by Sustainable Eco ...
www.sustainableecovillages.net/kin_domains.php - 37k - Cached - Similar pages

GGE: Why Kin's Domains? | Green Garden EarthMay 20, 2009 ... Now that you know a little bit about Kin's Domains (see previous newsletter) I can
list the promised Benefits of Kin's Domain settlements: ...
www.greengardenearth.com/newsletter/why-kins-domains/ - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

Home | Kins Domain VillageWelcome! In Russia there comes the hope of the world --Not as that sometimes
termed of the communistic, or Bolshevik, no; but freedom, freedom! That each ...
kinsdomainvillage.org/?q=node/1 - 12k - Cached - Similar pages

The Anastasia Communities will play an important part in the ...One of the central themes in the books is the creation of Kin's Domains (eco-
villages). In Russia there are over 150+ Kin's Domains with over 100 families
living ...
anastasiacommunities.org/ - 40k - Cached - Similar pages

Terra do Sol CommunityOur vision is to establish a "Kin Domain Village" in Brazil, and we decided to
create ... A Kin Domain is a parcel of land of 1 to 2 hectares in size (2.5 to 5 acres
) ...
[sites.google.com] - Similar pages

Ads
$0.99 Domain Name Sale

Anastasia Meetups-plenty of those

Living Oneness Foundation Mount Shasta Oregon

[livingonenessfoundation.com]

Vladimir Megre

Thanks to Cosmic Connie-a 2009 blog post mentioned that an Anastasia group in Oregon called itself the Living Oneness group. Their website, cited by Connie, is now for sale.

Russian to Judgement

Date: December 22, 2012 12:55AM

It appears that many are seeking to use the Anastasia books as a blueprint for creating Kindom communities.

Kin Domains movement or Kins Domain movement

[www.google.com]

Anastasia Inspired communities | Kins Domain VillageMar 11, 2009 ... I received a phone call yesterday from a delightful woman from British Columbia,
who had been looking to join or establish a Kin's Domain ...
kinsdomainvillage.org/?q=node/20 - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

Resource Library Kin's Domains / Eco-Villages - Welcome to ...Kin's Domains are how Anastasia describes eco-villages. Since the books came
out in Russia over ten years ago, there have been over 150+ eco villages ...
www.anastasiasgarden.com/library/ecovillages/ - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

Russia's Anastasia and Permaculture - Friends of the Trees SocietyDec 27, 2010 ... Anastasia movement in Russia which is inspired by the nine books ... She calls
these family parcels “Kin's Domains”, and this is one of ...
www.friendsofthetrees.net/articles/2010/Anastasia2010.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages

The Anastasia Communities will play an important part in the ...ANASTASIA COMMUNITIES. One of the central themes in the books is the
creation of Kin's Domains (eco-villages). In Russia there are over 150+ Kin's
Domains ...

Kins' domains - Space of LoveKin's Domains are how Anastasia describes eco-villages. Each family creates a “
space of love” usually about one hectare (2.8 acres) of land. When several of ...
spaceoflove.co.za/communities/community/ - 46k - Cached - Similar pages

Building Design for Kin Domains - Anastasia - tribe.netHi there, followup hello. I am Rachel I am an architect specilizing in bioclimatic
architecture - which is beyond green - it is appropriate to its ...
tribes.tribe.net/anastasia/.../12970d58-3b44-481a-824b-864a007c2016 - 41k - Cached - Similar pages

Kin DomainsFind others to create an Anastasia/Ringing cedars community with. Get your Kin
Domain and start building a brighter future now, hosted by Sustainable Eco ...
www.sustainableecovillages.net/kin_domains.php - 37k - Cached - Similar pages

Kin's domains of the Earth - Inspiring video (DVDs, movies, videos ...Ecovillage of Kin's domains is a settlement based. ... say Anastasia's vision for
creating community and living in harmony with the Earth is better ...
www.permies.com/t/2544/.../Kin-domains-Earth-Inspiring-video - 24k - Cached - Similar pages

Anastasia Pay It Forward - Profit Sharing - Organic Farm ...Jan 22, 2012 ... Anastasia's expanding 150+ acre organic farm communities are located in the
most amazing Costa Rica paradise on earth a short and scenic ...
anastasiakinsdomains.com/ - 82k - Cached - Similar pages

The "Anastasia" Books / The Kins Domains' MovementThe ideas of Anastasia touched my heart so deeply. ..... I was first introduced to
the idea 'Kin Domain' and hence the books by the people who ...
projectavalon.net/.../showthread.php?...The-Anastasia...Kins-Domains... - 137k - Cached - Similar pages

This exerpted from is Google's cache of

[loveforlife.com.au]. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Dec 10, 2012 08:28:11 GMT. The current page could have changed in

Though they provided some clues and insights, not even the Ringing Cedars books provided a complete foolproof blueprint of a Kindom. These books do not prepare the dreamers of Kindom to recognise fiction (non-life-sustainable-information) in all its forms, the consequences being that they bring the fiction (the cancer) that spreads throughout all their dream of Kindom. This is a FACT.

We have now created the REMEDY to a Kindom and the first step starts by finding hundreds of men, women and children who are passionate and devoted to live a self-less life devoted to serving and caring for others in their tribe. When we have a large group committed to live this NORMAL way-of-life we have the solid foundations for creating a Do No Harm Community upon it.

In an ongoing private chat with Jessica Schab yesterday we shared this information............

As you already know it is most important that we focus on REMEDY and not get distracted by anything else. We wish to clarify that this dream is not Anastasia's dream but is OUR dream (everyone, not just Arthur and Fiona) and the creator's dream. This is why it is so important that people take responsibility for creating this dream and don't become "followers" of Anastasia, as some readers are. We all have the power to expand upon this dream.

One thing we have noticed is how people love to follow, to have someone take the lead and tell them what to do. This comes from being brought up in a system that TRAINS us to rely on others to tell us what to think and feel. And when things go wrong they have someone to blame, to pass-the-buck.

"Personality" cults are a mark of the fiction and something we all have to watch out for because none of us are leaders and none of us are followers - we are all equal and all have the power to do good and bad, take responsibility or not, think and feel pure and sincere thoughts and feelings or not.

We also feel that spreading Anastasia's message is more important than making a profit which is why we promote them heavily even though we don't sell them.

As for what we do to promote the dream of Kindom???? Keep talking, talking, talking until we are in a position to walk the talk, setting up a Kindom so that others can come and experience a way of life apart from the system and one of serving the living dream of creation. This is what will be truly powerful. We have worked out how to do this and we guess those contacts with Googadoonga, Running Water, The Face & Voice Of God have something to do with this.

(Fiona will tell you that Arthur is the most stubborn, persistent, passionate, confrontational and focused MAN she has ever met. He does not leave even the tiniest stone unturned. He thinks everything through to its most logical conclusion. Just as the 6 priests are always focusing on their agenda, he is always concentrating and thinking on REMEDY. Sometimes our daughters and Fiona have to say the same things 4 or 5 times just to snap him out to get his attention. At times, this can be very frustrating. For now, he doesn't live for anything else bar Remedy.)

Most people are so caught up in their SELVES that they don't really comprehend what we mean and cannot imagine living their lives for others rather than for their SELVES, especially when we are bombarded with messages telling us to "look after our SELVES, take time out for our SELVES, etc, etc, etc. Most of the leading freedom-truthers we deal with promote this demonic mantra.

We have had many people contact us saying they would like to buy in to Kindom and how much for a hectare, etc, but we have come to realise that, until we learn to forget our SELVES and to serve others as part of serving the living dream of creation, we need to live and work together before moving onto private "spaces of love". This is where either Vladimir did not get it or Anastasia, not living in the world of fiction, did not realise how deeply the fiction is embedded in us and how we cannot create Kindom without fiction if we all insist on bringing the fiction with us.

We plan to run Kindom workshops where we come together to discuss just this kind of thing to get people thinking about what they are focusing on and that we will never create a world of purity and sincerity if we are not thinking and feeling pure and sincere thoughts. This is something you could also do, if you have the place to do it.

As an email reply to a Ringing Cedars friend in the UK back around 2007, re-used a few times during 2008 (without updating it), we created what we call "The Ten Steps Of Kindom": The Ten Steps (Not Commandments) Of Kindom by Arthur & Fiona Cristian - Love For Life 23rd October 2008: [loveforlife.com.au]

We have not done anything with this for a while but now feel that it is time to revisit it to add the further insights we have gained and make it more polished. This will be the basis for Kindom workshops and the creation of the first Kindom. "We Have Been Waiting For You (This Kindom) For Thousands Of Years".... The responsibility that comes with this is immense. We are determined as we have always been since 2005 to break the back of the system and get rid of it.

You are most welcome to spread this information in its entirety to let others know. There is a calling of the heart of the many who WILL COME from all over the Earth to co-create this living dream on Gondwanaland. It will resonate with them.

26 minutes ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(name omitted)

Basically in tune with Arthur and Anastasia/Megre.

Colorado, will get this... there is a KINDOM forming West of here...

a few minutes ago

Date: December 22, 2012 01:52AM

She (Anastasia)tells Vladimir that there used to be forty-seven letters in the Russian alphabet but now there are 33 and that the dark forces distorted the original language. "(pp 174)

Corboy note. It is interesting that Anastasia is referring to the Russian alphabet.

Several characters were dropped from the traditional Russian/Cyrillic alphabet during the reign of Peter the Great and later during Lenin's tenure - both autocrats were keen to modernize Russian society and industry, and make it competitive with the outside world.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Q7-6zF5Fy4sJ:[russiasgreatwar.org]

[www.pbs.org]

A Russian traditionalist would likely resent these alphabetical changes and want to see some or all the old characters restored to the alphabet.

Corboy note: 'Anastasia' is a powerful name. In Greek it means 'She-Who-Will-Rise/Resurrect-Again."

"Anastasia Communities"

This isnt about sweetness and light. Its a system that entails belief in dark forces and social collapse.

http://www.anastasiasgarden.com/library/darkforces/

Resource Library Dark Forces

FROM BOOK ONE (from the new version that came out in April 2007)

“God is the interplanetary Mind, or intelligence. He is not to be found in a single mass. Half of Him is in the non-material realm of the Universe. This is the sum total of all energies. The other half of Him is dispersed across the Earth, in every individual, in every Man. The dark forces strive to block these particles.” (pp 50)

The dark forces are constantly trying to make Man give into base fleshy passions, to stop him from experiencing God-given grace. They try all sorts of tricks to persuade people that satisfaction is something they can easily obtain. They separate Man from the truth.

The devices of the dark forces (pornography) are obscuring spirituality by provoking base carnal desires. These bring people a lot of suffering and grief. They act through women and exploit their beauty. A woman’s beauty is supposed to inspire in Man the spirit of the poet, the artist, and the creator. But to do that, women themselves must be pure. If there is not sufficient purity, they start trying to attract men by fleshy charms. The men are deceived and the women must suffer their whole lives on account of this deception. (pp 65-66)

“The forces of darkness try to distract their attention with the instant attraction of your technocratic way of life, to make them forget the simple truths and commandments set forth way back in the Bible. And they all too often succeed.

“One of the mortal sins of Man is pride. The forces of darkness are every moment working to make sure Man does not let go of this sin, and money is one of their basic tools in this campaign.

“Money is like a high-tension zone. The forces of darkness are proud of this invention. They even think themselves stronger than the forces of light for having come up with money. And for being able to use money to distract people from their true purpose.” (pp 133)

“They (the ‘dimension of the forces of light’) have accepted this, and the forces of darkness are always fighting with them, but never have the dark forces scored a major victory.” (pp 162)

“These forces of darkness have always tried to deprive Man of the opportunity of drawing upon the grace emanating from these combinations (of words in contained in prayers). To this end they have even changed the language, introduced new words and removed old ones, and distorted the meaning of words.”

She tells Vladimir that there used to be forty-seven letters in the Russian alphabet but now there are 33 and that the dark forces distorted the original language. (pp 174)

When speaking to Vladimir about her plan Anastasia tells him that when she was dreaming it up her thoughts were racing along very quickly, but that the forces of darkness were keeping up with them. The forces of darkness had left many of their earthly affairs in order to block Anastasia’s dream from taking hold. She outwitted them by “extending the dark forces window of time” and the amount of time Vladimir needed to meet his various challenges, which caused them confusion enough that they were confounded. In this very moment Anastasia shone her light on people who will help Vladimir in the future. The dream was then snatched up by the forces of light and “transported into radiant infinity”. (pp 177)

[www.anastasiasgarden.com] of Anastasia

Resource LibraryCriticism of Anastasia

FROM BOOK ONE (from the new version that came out in April 2007)

We are having a hard time finding justified criticism of Anastasia or her ideas.

[www.anastasiasgarden.com]

[www.google.com]

[www.google.com]

The Anastasia Communities will play an important part in the ...Here in Oregon we are working on a plan to create a Kin's Domain on several ...
THE ANASTASIA ECO-SETTLEMENT PROJECT HAS FOUND ITS HOME IN ...

Anastasia Inspired communities | Kins Domain VillageMar 11, 2009 ... Anastasia Inspired communities ... woman from British Columbia, who had been
looking to join or establish a Kin's Domain Village in Canada.
kinsdomainvillage.org/?q=node/20 - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

Resource Library Kin's Domains / Eco-Villages - Welcome to ...Kin's Domains are how Anastasia describes eco-villages. Since the books came
out in Russia over ten years ago, there have been over 150+ eco villages ...
www.anastasiasgarden.com/library/ecovillages/ - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

Anastasia Pay It Forward - Profit Sharing - Organic Farm ...Jan 22, 2012 ... Main Site for Anastasia Pay It Forward Communities ... Anastasia's expanding
150+ acre organic farm communities are located in the most ...
anastasiakinsdomains.com/ - 82k - Cached - Similar pages

Kin's domains of the Earth - Inspiring video (DVDs, movies, videos ...Ecovillage of Kin's domains is a settlement based. ... say Anastasia's vision for
creating community and living in harmony with the Earth is better ...

Paradigm Pioneers | Anastasia and the Ringing Cedars SeriesBook 1: Anastasia; A Kin's Domain Design; Vladimir Megre ... At Mountain Grove
Center in Southern Oregon, July 16-17, co-creators and kin's domain builders ...
worldofmccool.com/pioneer/?page_id=50 - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

Vladimir Megre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia1 Background; 2 Anastasia and the "Ringing Cedars" books ... material about
living close to the Earth in a village of Kin's domains by creating a 'Space of Love'
. ... Food and Human Values Society conference in Portland, Oregon, June 2005.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Megre - 38k - Cached - Similar pages

anastasiacommunities.org - The Anastasia Communities will play an ...Sep 7, 2012 ... kin's domain anastasia, anastasia taiga, anastasia land, kin domain uk, yoga
blog anastasia ringing cedras ... Registrant State/Province:Oregon ...
www.showsiteinf.appspot.com/sites/anastasiacommunities.org - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

Vladimir Megre - Questions and Answers... about people who have started building their Kin's Domains and many
examples. ... "According to Anastasia's theory, Man's birthdate is the point where
these ...
www.vladimirmegre.com/vladimir_megre_questions_and_answers.php - 37k - Cached - Similar pages

(name omitted)Page - BioSpiritual Permaculture"Hello, My name is (name omitted)and I decided to search everyone in Oregon on
this site to let you know about a kin's domain being established just 25 miles ...
ringingcedars.ning.com/profile/ReneeMcleod - 94k - Cached - Similar pages

Date: December 22, 2012 01:59AM

Wikiepedia

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KxYU024s8HUJ:[en.wikipedia.org]

Background
Little is known about Vladimir Megre's early life, apart from a few experiences he describes in his writings. One of these occurred in the 1960s when as a teenager he made periodic visits to a monk called Father Feodorit at the Trinity-Sergiev Monastery, in Sergiev Posad (then known as Zagorsk), just east of Moscow.[1]

In the mid-1980s Megre was married, having a daughter (Polina) and living in Novosibirsk, where, like many other new Russian capitalists, he took advantage of Perestroika and the subsequent collapse of the communist system to launch into an entrepreneurial career. He formed a number of commercial co-operatives and by the late 1980s had leased a fleet of river steamers which plied the waters of the Ob River north of Novosibirsk.[2]

Anastasia and the "Ringing Cedars" books

Megre claims to have met a mysterious young woman named Anastasia on the bank of the River Ob in 1994. She reportedly led him deep into the Siberian taiga, where she revealed her philosophy on Man's relationship to Nature, the Universe and God, as well as lifestyle, education, nutrition, spirituality, love, family, sexual relations and other plants. These teachings became the basis for a series of best-selling books, The Ringing Cedars of Russia, first published in 1996. In ten years they sold over 10 million copies and have been translated into twenty languages.

Back to the Land movement

The Ringing Cedars series offers material about living close to the Earth in a village of Kin's domains by creating a 'Space of Love'.[3] The books have become the basis for a Russian and increasingly worldwide Back to the Land movement based on the Russian tradition of self-reliant simple living on the land, providing physical subsistence and spiritual fulfillment.[4] It is one of a number of such projects in Russia.[5] The books and communities combine deep ecology with traditional, even conservative family values, quite unlike the conventional hippie alternative lifestyle.[6] This is based on the idea of "kin estates" or self-sufficient family homesteads.[7] Before the publication of the first book in the series, there were virtually no eco-villages in Russia. By June 5, 2004, eight years later, a conference of the Ringing Cedars Movement in Vladimir, attracted delegates from over 150 eco-villages from across 48 of the 89 regions of Russia[8]

Megré's ideas are similar to those of Russia's agricultural economist Alexander Chayanov eighty years earlier,[9] referring to harmonious relationship with nature based on sustainable rural settlements consisting of individual family-owned homesteads.[10] Also like Chayanov, Megré presents his ideas in a novel-like format. He admits using this strategy to minimize initial resistance to his writings.[11]

In addition to Russia, Anastasia centers can be found in Australia, Belarus, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands,[12] New Zealand, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and the United States.[13]

One New Age writer relates the Ringing Cedar books to the "great change" Edgar Cayce prophesied for Russia.[14]

[edit] References
^ Vladimir Megre, The Ringing Cedars of Russia, Chapter 24 pp. 119-31
^ Vladimir Megre, Anastasia Chapter 1
^ Laura Dunham, Spiritual Wisdom for a Planet in Peril: Preparing for 2012 and Beyond, Langdon Street Press, 2008 ISBN 1-934938-21-1 Page 161
^ Sharashkin, L. and Barham, E. 2005a. The Ringing Cedars: Exploring the values behind Russia's back-to-the-Earth movement. Paper presented at the Agriculture, Food and Human Values Society conference in Portland, Oregon, June 2005.
^ Leonid Sharashkin, The socioeconomic and cultural significance of food gardening in the Vladimir region of Russia, Phd Dissertation, University of Missouri–Columbia May 2008 p.237
^ Paul Spinrad, Russian Eco-Cult Community in California
^ Sharashkin, L. and Barham, E. 2005b. From peasantry to dachas to Ringing Cedars kin estates: Subsistence growing as a social institution in Russia. Paper presented at the Rural Sociological Society meeting in Tampa, Florida, August 9–12, 2005.
^ Sharashkin, L., Gold, M., and Barham, E. 2005. Eco-farming and agroforestry for selfreliance: Small-scale, sustainable growing practices in Russia. Proceedings of the Association for Temperate Agroforestry Conference. June 12–15, 2005, Rochester, MN.
^ Kremnev, I. 1920. Puteshestvie moego brata Alekseia v stranu krest’ianskoi utopii. Moskva: Gosudarstvennoe izdatel’stvo.
^ Leonid Sharashkin, The socioeconomic and cultural significance of food gardening in the Vladimir region of Russia, Phd Dissertation, University of Missouri–Columbia May 2008 p.237
^ Megré, V. 2006. Co-creation. Columbia, MO: Ringing Cedars Press.
^ A New Anastasia Village in the Netherlands
^ Anastasia Communities - Anastasia Eco-Settlement Project, Mount Shasta, California
^ John M. Living, Intuition 'on Demand' , Holistic Intuition Society, 2008, ISBN 0-9686323-3-5, p.162
[edit] Bibliography
Vladimir Megré, The Ringing Cedars of Russia series
Anastasia (book 1)
The Ringing Cedars of Russia (book 2)
The Space of Love (book 3)
Co-creation (book 4)
Who are we? (book 5)
The Book of Kin (book 6)
The Energy of Life (book 7)
The New Civilisation (book 8, part I)
The Rites of Love (book 8, part II)
Anasta (book 10)

Date: December 22, 2012 02:04AM

Alexander Chayonov (cited above as an inspiration)

[en.wikipedia.org]

Alexander V. Chayanov (Russian: Àëåêñàíäð Âàñèëüåâè÷ ×àÿíîâ) (1888 – October 3, 1937) was a Soviet agrarian economist, and scholar of rural sociology and advocate of agrarianism and cooperatives.

He was a proponent of agricultural cooperatives, but was skeptical about the inefficiency of large-scale farms. Chayanov's skepticism was rooted in the idea that households, especially peasant households which practice subsistence farming, will tend to produce only the amount of food that they need to survive. He believed that the Soviet government would find it difficult to force these households to cooperate and produce a surplus. These views were sharply criticized by Joseph Stalin as "defence of the kulaks". However, Chayanov was ultimately shown to be right about the problems with Soviet agricultural planning.

In 1930 Chayanov was arrested in the "Case of the Labour Peasant Party" (Òðóäîâàÿ êðåñòüÿíñêàÿ ïàðòèÿ), fabricated by the NKVD. The name of the party was taken from a science fiction book written by Chayanov in the 1920s. The process was intended to be a show trial, but it fell apart, due to the strong will of the defendants. Nevertheless on a secret trial in 1932 Chayanov was sentenced to five years in Kazakhstan labor camps. On October 3, 1937 Chayanov was arrested again, tried and shot the same day.

His wife was repressed as well and spent 18 years in labour camps. Chayanov was rehabilitated in 1987.

Chayanov's major works, Peasant Farm Organisation (originally published in Russian in 1925) and On the Theory of Non-Capitalist Economic Systems were first translated into English in 1966. Chayanov's theory of the peasant household influenced economic anthropology. The substantivist Marshall Sahlins drew on Chayanov in his theory of the domestic mode of production, but later authors have argued that Chayanov's use of neo-classical economics supports a formalist position.

His book Puteshestvie moego brata Alekseia v stranu krest’ianskoi utopii [My brother Alexei's journey into the land of peasant utopia] (Moskva: Gosizdat, 1920) predicted a rapid transfer of power into peasant hands; its hero wakes up in 1984, "in a country where the village has conquered the city, where handicraft cooperatives have replaced industry." Like Evgeny Zamyatin's We, it contains theosophical elements.

Corboy note: Thesophy was founded by Madame Blavatsky and Rudolf Steiner, who had pronounced ideas about farming/gardening started as head of The Theosophical Society's German Section, before suceeding and creating Anthroposophy.

Both Theosophy and Anthroposophy were immensely influential in Russia--this is documented in Maria Carlson's survey, "No Religion Higher Than Truth: A History of Theosophy in Russia, 1875 - 1922)

Date: December 22, 2012 02:15AM

Written back in 2009

"The Shambhala-Shasta Anastasia Eco-Settlement Project has 466 acres of land and is looking for settlers."

"when a Siberian Pine tree (sometimes translated as "Cedar") reaches 500 years of age, it becomes a sort of cosmic energy-channeling antenna"

"I read and enjoyed Anastasia, the first book in the series, and I hope to read the rest. On one level, the book is a male midlife-crisis fantasy-- a first-person account of a spiritually empty entrepreneur who finds a stunningly beautiful and brilliant native girl in the forest, and she changes his life forever. Anastasia runs naked, communicates telepathically with animals, is clairvoyant, and possesses vast wisdom that has been lost to modern civilization. She's the "noble savage," and she's also a virgin who fell in love with the author/entrepreneur during a chance previous encounter that he doesn't remember, and she wants to start a family with him ASAP."

Corboy note, this is a most interesting comment on Spinrad's part. The person who started this thread, 'seriously?' wrote:

Hi everyone. I joined this forum to seek advice and information about this group and this is my first post here.

My husband has been reading this series of books for some time now and has encouraged me to read them as well. While there's some good information here and there... they're obviously fiction. Obviously. But, my husband believes every word of them. Every last word. He's now wanting to do what the books told him to do.

But, this is going WAY too far. It seems like he's thrown away all of his common sense and latched onto this concept completely, without much critical thought. ..I've danced around the topic a few times and he got massively aggressive about it. .

Russian Eco-Cult Community in California
Paul Spinrad at 9:32 pm Mon, Feb 23

Policies
Except where indicated, Boing Boing is licensed under a Creative Commons License permitting non-commercial sharing with attribution

Tweet Boingboing's current guestblogger Paul Spinrad is a freelance writer/editor with catholic interests.

"If you're looking for a way to get back to the land and enjoy an integrated life while society collapses, The Shambhala-Shasta Anastasia Eco-Settlement Project has 466 acres of land and is looking for settlers. It sounds nice! I've long fantasized about this kind of thing. Maybe now's the time.

The "Anastasia" in their name refers to the heroine of the "Ringing Cedars" series of books by Vladimir Megre, which came out in Russia during the mid-1990's and started being translated into English beginning in 2004.

If numerous websites are to be believed, the series has a large following not just in Russia, but around the world. "Ringing Cedars" refers to the books' claim that when a Siberian Pine tree (sometimes translated as "Cedar") reaches 500 years of age, it becomes a sort of cosmic energy-channeling antenna. And so also rings the New Age BS detector, but please stay with me here...

I read and enjoyed Anastasia, the first book in the series, and I hope to read the rest. On one level, the book is a male midlife-crisis fantasy-- a first-person account of a spiritually empty entrepreneur who finds a stunningly beautiful and brilliant native girl in the forest, and she changes his life forever. Anastasia runs naked, communicates telepathically with animals, is clairvoyant, and possesses vast wisdom that has been lost to modern civilization. She's the "noble savage," and she's also a virgin who fell in love with the author/entrepreneur during a chance previous encounter that he doesn't remember, and she wants to start a family with him ASAP.

What interests me most about Anastasia (and I know I need to read more in the series to confirm/deny), is how it combines deep ecology with traditional, even conservative family values. There's no sense of hippie "alternative lifestyle" in its back-to-the-land message.

It honors Christianity and connects with its audience through their experience gardening in dachas (modest country houses) on weekends. It's a container for hard-core downshifting that I sense would appeal to solid, traditional, family-oriented folks.

"Meanwhile, the book also has some wacky, unexpected ideas that I liked-- for example, the Anastasia character suggests that pollution from roadways could be mitigated by requiring active air purifiers on every vehicle's front bumper.

Websites that sell the Ringing Cedars books also sell products derived from the Siberian Pine-- nuts, oil, and polished slices of the tree to be worn as pendants. And perhaps the initial bolt of inspiration that Megre had, as an inland shipping entrepreneur exploring the Siberian forest, was how to concoct a new religion that would maximize the commercial value of this common regional tree. A 5 gram pendant (slice of branch on a string) costs $4 plus shipping.

Furthermore, according to the cult-watching Center For Apologetics Research, Megre was forced to admit in 1998 that he made the Anastasia stories up, whereupon psychic healer Olga Anatolevnya Guz began to claim that she is the real Anastasia.

But people can change, eyes can open, and how one comes to create a belief system doesn't reflect on the value it contains. Buddha abandoned his wife and baby son in order to pursue his own spiritual journey, but he turned the deadbeat-dad guilt that he must have felt (although his family was rich, so less damage done) into a philosophy and practice of non-attachment that countless people, including myself, have found valuable.

There are numerous paths to insight. (But I've also talked to single women in San Francisco who are sick of all the passive, "hey, babe-- no attachments" Buddhist guys.)

So, Siberian Pine products aside-- not that I've tried any-- the Anastasians seem to be onto something constructive, and although I don't think I'll be joining them, I am "rooting" for them.

Paul Spinrad is a freelance writer/editor with Catholic interests, and is Projects Editor for MAKE magazine.
[/quote]

Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.