Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Your thoughts on Taakatism?
Posted by: ~*~ k a t e ~*~ ()
Date: July 10, 2010 03:37PM

From religion wiki [religion.wikia.com] :

Taakatism is a religion of Indian origin described as both polytheist and nontheist.

Beliefs

The central beliefs of Taakatists are contained within the Taakat Dharma. This consists of some basic moral codes and many debates and commentary. The deities in Taakatism are not mentioned in the Taakat Dharma, leading the above debate about categorising this religion.

For more information about beleifs, see Taakat Dharma

Taakatists regularly practise meditation and massage as part of their religion. The Taakat Dharma recommends to have a massage at least once a week, as well as regular meditation.

Deities

Taakatism has a large pantheon of deities, however they are not worshipped directly, and are seen more as representations of emotions and natural forces than 'gods'.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DavidXW ()
Date: July 12, 2010 09:32PM

Dear forumers,
Taakatism does not have a god or gods, but we do have deities. Our deities are used as a form of mental gymnastics and used to aid spiritual progress, much like koans in Buddhism. They are however not to be taken literally and are not worshipped. Worship and prayer, in the Taakatist sense, is merely expressing a wish. It has been scientifically proved that if enough people wish for something to happen, then it will occur. My signature here (see below) is one such prayer.

I wish all the happiness in the world to both yourself and all creatures.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 13, 2010 01:05AM

DavidXW:

You said, It has been scientifically proved that if enough people wish for something to happen, then it will occur."

No such scientific proof exists.

See [forum.culteducation.com]

"The purpose of this message board is not to promote a specific religious and/or political viewpoint. Don't use it to preach or proselytize."

This is one of the rules you agreed to before beginning to post here.

Please don't preach your religious beliefs.

Date: July 13, 2010 03:07AM

I do not mean to preach. We do not preach!
If you are disputing that is scientifically proven, then I can provide just such proof. However, I appreciate that you are asking me to no continue further down this line of conversation as you see it as preaching.

I was simply replying to questions posted asking for more information about Taakatism. I am sorry if it came across as preaching, because that was not my intention.

Date: July 13, 2010 03:22AM

DavidXW:

You said, "I can provide just such proof."

There is no scientific study that has been peer reviewed and published in any credible scientific journal, which provides objective proof supporting your incredible assertion, "that if enough people wish for something to happen, then it will occur."

You cannot provide any objective evidence that fits this criteria because none exists.

You may believe whatever you wish as a matter of faith, but that is a belief, not scientifically proven fact.

Please refrain from preaching your beliefs here, which are against the rules you read and agreed to before posting at this message board.

Date: July 13, 2010 05:44AM

I can assure you that such scientific proof does exist. I have seen it. Believe me, people do not take such things lightly. If scientific proof does not exist, why would I say it did? I have offered to share the aforementioned proof.

You may choose to dismiss the scientific proof through your faith that such proof does not exist, also. You are also welcome to your beliefs, sir. I am not denying you that right, and I am not preaching. I was merely replying to earlier posts that asked for more information regarding Taakatism.

Posted by: ~*~ k a t e ~*~ ()
Date: July 13, 2010 05:48AM

What a ludicrous, pseudo-scientific claim!

Date: July 13, 2010 06:22AM

DavidXW:

OK.

Stop preaching then, and cite the specific "scientific proof."

Cite the peer reviewed, published scientific study specifically to substantiate your fantastic claim.

Please state the title of the scientific study, the sponsor of the study, name, credentials and qualifications of its authors/researchers, the peer review process used for the study and finally scientific journal that published the study.

Full attributions please.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: July 13, 2010 11:23AM

Hi, DavidXW. I would like to see the proof you have.

In the past I have sought after proof in the power of prayer and every scientific study set up to prove this (prayer in hospitals, for example vs no prayer in hospitals) have come up as "equal to placebo (i.e., equal effect as no prayer)".

So if you can direct me to the study you mean I would be honestly interested in it.

Sincerely!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2010 11:31AM by Sparky.

Date: July 13, 2010 04:45PM

Dr. Masaru Emoto. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. February 2004, 10(1): 19-21. doi:10.1089/107555304322848913.

D Radin, G Hayssen. Explore Journal of Science and Healing. September 2006. Institute of Noetic Sciences, Petaluma, CA and IHM Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan. doi:10.1016/j.explore.2006.06.004

Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.