Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Information on "Art of Living" ?
Posted by: Batman ()
Date: January 04, 2005 03:23AM

Do you have any information on the group called "Art of Living" ? A few of my friends have joined this group and I am somewhat worried about any such group which claims to know "paths to happiness" and all ...

Thanks a lot,
Cheers :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 04, 2005 03:28AM

"Art of Living" is led by a former follower of Maharishi.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This seems to be a somewhat specious group worth watching, which appears to be personality-diven and focused upon a living guru.

Posted by: Toni ()
Date: January 04, 2005 03:36AM

Yep, The founder claims to have studied with Guru Dev (the master of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi).

Many folks from the TM Movement went to the Art of Living. Many are still part of both groups. Some fully jumped ship to the Art of Living. Yes, r.e. the living guru who is accessible. Often hold retreats at Lake Tahoe, Calif. I think he does not claim to be a 'master', but I'm not sure.

IMHO, from upbringing in TM Movement, and some friends who now follow the ARt of Living - the Art of Living does not have the degree of regimentation, dogma, advancement of status, etc of the TM Movement.

(yet?)

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: January 04, 2005 04:20AM

Do a search on Factnet.org at the message board. Someone posted some material there.

The main source of info about Maharishi's TM group is www.trancenet.org

Read their information about the physical effects produced by TM. Then see if people practicing the Art of Living's meditation techniques are free of these problems or are reporting similar reactions.

There is a helpful book by David Frawley entitled [i:22ced2f2e7]'Ayurvedic Healing' [/i:22ced2f2e7]that describes various side effects when people practice strenuous breathing methods and dont know to take breaks until symptoms subside. These side effects were known and understood by the traditional healers of India and you can read this if you find Frawley's subsections on 'pranayama and meditation disorders.'

These problems can be avoided if students are taught to pace themselves and are given instructions on what physical and mental reactions indicate that they're over doing the practice and need to take a break.

Learning meditation resembles learning to drive a car or ride a bicycle. When you are are taught these skills, you must also be taught how to apply the brakes so you dont go too fast and beyond your capacities.

Posted by: Batman ()
Date: January 04, 2005 05:01AM

Thanks a lot for the pointers ...

Posted by: kevinleason ()
Date: November 10, 2006 11:29AM

its about $$$$$$

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: November 11, 2006 10:09AM

Batman
Do you have any information on the group called "Art of Living" ? A few of my friends have joined this group and I am somewhat worried about any such group which claims to know "paths to happiness" and all ...

Thanks a lot,
Cheers :)

One of the key things to remember about Art of Living is that it appears to be in cahoots with Western intelligence efforts, like Falun Gong, to undermine China and its allies. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is close to Indian military leaders and has made controversial visits to Mongolia, along with the Dalai Lama, who also supports such efforts. Also troubling is Shankar's connection to groups affiliated with the UNPO, which was apparently founded by the Dalai Lama. The UNPO poses as a group dedicated to "helping indigenous peoples" but is really a front for EU interests that want to use indigenous movements to break up states into smaller, pliable ones, while leaving the core of Western Europe intact. This is a very troubling group run by Habsburg heir Karl von Habsburg, a right-wing Austrian politician.

And yes, this includes the US, as these old royal European groups have hooked up with the Lakota indians of the US plains and are supporting their independence movement in an effort to create an imbroglio within the US. This should not be taken as "anti-Indian" as I am very PRO-Native American. But hooking up with cynical Habsburg/royal intrigues against the US is not going to help any Natives.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 11, 2006 10:27PM

This sounds like a series of conspiracy theories.

What news reports have been published about this?

Posted by: kevinleason ()
Date: November 12, 2006 02:24AM

they do alot oif recruiting'
in La they got the city to let them post banners on lamposts
they kept calling me trying to get me
i went to 2 public programs and they had my phone
real pests

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: November 14, 2006 04:39AM

rrmoderator
This sounds like a series of conspiracy theories.

What news reports have been published about this?

Rick, while I appreciate your skeptical attitude towards “conspiracy theories”, this one just happens to be conspiracy fact.

UNPO website with map, showing the basic plan. Note the main targets are a) the region around the Caucasus, with the intention of destabilizing the Caucasus and b) a thrust between Russia and China with Tibet, East Turkestan, Tuva, Buryatia. While this map largely reflects BOTH U.S. and European geo-strategic goals, in the end it must serve only EU interests as there is no American interest in destabilizing the Lakota region.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.