Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Training in Power" Seattle-based cult
Posted by: nobody ()
Date: December 30, 2004 05:26PM

Long time user of this website (before it got fancy!)--first time signing up. Am always checking here to see if my old cult has managed to get picked up by Rick's radar--but I understand that article's need to be published about it before he will list it in his database. Has anyone else been a member of this group--or has anyone even heard of it? The leader's name is FAYE FITZGERALD--certifiable cult leader--not of the East Indian variety-- but does claim to be both Christ and Buddah reincarnated--oh yeah, and the God Mars and Genghis Khan of all people. When I was a member she was encouraging her followers to smoke weed--and would even cajole the ones in Narcotics Anonymous to do it too, stating things like "you must learn to be the master over it".

Seven years later I still struggle with repurcussions of my involvement--specifically an anxiety with driving which wwas brought on by too much focus on meditating myself into altered states. The problem was that I started to have altered consciousness when I drove (entirely unintentional)--which would freak me out--and to this day I still am trying to figure out how to get my mind to not trip out on me when I drive fast (say at normal freeway speeds). It's been so long now that I think my brain is hardwired into this reaction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 30, 2004 09:23PM

[www.depersonalization.info]

Entire article is worth reading. See if it rings any bells. One thing that can trigger depersonalization in some people is--use of marijuana.

Date: December 31, 2004 01:20AM

wow, bizarre--yeah it definitely applied when I first started experiencing it--driving only. Now it seems the depersonalization has morphed into a full-blown phobia (because who wants to experience that while at the helm of a hunk of metal going at 65mph?). I am considering hypnosis or EMDR (already tried EMDR once to treat this, but the woman I went to was a hack job) to treat this.

Posted by: soleil533 ()
Date: April 29, 2005 02:41AM

nobody
“Has anyone else been a member of this group--or has anyone even heard of it? The leader's name is FAYE FITZGERALD—“

Dear Nobody,

So glad to have made this connection with you. In the last year there has been a lot done to expose Faye Fitzgerald and Training in Power. A high level trainer in Seattle sent an expose to the boards and students, and at the end of March a yahoo support group was formed for ex-trainers by a student in Canada, with 29 members and growing. I too wrote to Rick Ross, but as you said unless something is published, more information cannot be placed in his listings.

We are finding another way, and that is to begin linking and creating websites and blogs ourselves so that the insidious damage that Faye has caused and is still causing can be exposed. Many of us are committed to telling this story, not only to slow Faye's ability to attract and entrap people, but also to educate the public as to the reality of how smart, innocent people can be slowly led out of the reality of their lives into someone else's fantasy story.

At the time you left there was very little support. Leaving this group is hard, and the recovery even harder. I do hope you're doing ok now, and if you find it helpful I invite you to email me at soleil533@hotmail.com for information about the yahoo support group, which offers the choice to be anonymous.

The need for anonymity is beginning to lift because there are so many of us now. The more stories that are told and witnessed about people's experiences in the training, the more people feel they can be open and confident in naming the abuse. The group is for ex-trainers only, and is an active courteous dialog with all input welcome.

The advice you have been given on this site is wise and helpful. Just know you are not alone in having to recover from the abusiveness of Training in Power. Your dissociative episodes are not unusual in that you were taken pretty far out of reality. Training in Power is indeed a cult, an abusive group, led by a narcissistic charismatic delusional despot. Those she leaves in her wake (still happening) show every symptom written about in cult literature. It takes a fricken long time to get the conditioning out, to re-enter the world of normalcy, of real humanity, and let go of the conditioned need for the drama, the group, and the intensity of the high spiritual purpose you were led to believe you were chosen for! Whew, long story short.

I'm sure by now you have done a lot for yourself along the road to recovery. If you wish to read an expose on the training, one is available in the links below. That may be all you need to catch up on the latest and vindicate your feelings! It is said that this document called 'Lessons in Awareness' and will stay on a public site as long as the training persists in its destructive ways. Also included below are links to two public blog sites with members own writings and postings from communications on other sites.

Training in Power Document: [home.comcast.net]

Blog: Posts which includes a link to the 'Training in Power' document. [www.livejournal.com]

Blog: Freedom of expression
[www.livejournal.com]

If you want to write, I will be more than happy to respond. Best wishes on your journey, you are truly a Somebody to have left this group and braved the journey of recovery.

S.

Posted by: ironical ()
Date: January 24, 2006 08:22PM

Oh my gosh I just found the scariest information about Training In Power at this website: [tip.atspace.com]

Date: January 25, 2006 02:10AM

Hey "Ironical"--I can only assume that you have something to do with the link you just posted.

The link is obviously created by a TIP sympathizer who wishes to make fun of people like us who actually find cults-- such as Training in Power-- and the leaders who run them to be a real problem in our society.

Just as the Cult Awareness Network is a sympathizing front for Scientology, your little link is a attempt to soften the image of a group that, like Scientology, claims to empower people--but really only enslaves them.

But, unlike Scientology, TIP will never get to be so big, because frankly, Faye will never be that saavy.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 25, 2006 02:34AM

Let's be reasonable and not flame please.

It's OK to disagree, but please make your points without insults on either side of this argument.

Date: January 25, 2006 04:06AM

come on, rr moderator--dija have to edit out every last descriptive word I used? I've seen other discussion boards on this site have more pointed words for each other than the way my post was edited and ended up...

Just trying to have fun with baiter.... :twisted:

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 25, 2006 05:28AM

Let's be nice.

See [board.culteducation.com]

No flames please.

Posted by: dkmuir ()
Date: January 17, 2007 11:35AM

....or has anyone even heard of it? The leader's name is FAYE FITZGERALD—“

Regarding a link in my 'soleil' reply above to 'nobody' in April of 2005, here is an updated link to the new and revised Training in Power Document Website, called Lessons in Awareness. The site is growing in material as more and more members continue to leave.

Training in Power Expose: [http://lessonsinawareness.com/default.aspx]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.