Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Adawehi & Jackie Woods
Posted by: plumblossom ()
Date: December 29, 2004 02:12AM

Hello everyone:

I am trying to locate any information on the Adawehi Healing Center in Columbus, NC. I represent the families of someone involved with the center who has cut herself and her young son off from virtually all communication with her families.

The center is founded and run by Jackie Woods, a self proclaimed 'healer' who states she is led by spirit guides and angels. Ms. Woods claims to have had a 20 year career in Atlanta as a "life coach", but I can't find any information on that career nor can I find any educational credentials for Ms. Woods, in the health field or otherwise.

All the information I have found has been written either by Ms. Woods or one of her representatives/students.

Any information about Ms. Woods and/or the Adawehi Institute, good or bad, will be deeply appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Adawehi & Jackie Woods
Posted by: glam ()
Date: December 29, 2004 05:58AM

[jackiewoods.org]

[www.jackiewoods.org]

perhaps she changed her name so it's difficult to find beckground info?

Glam

Adawehi & Jackie Woods
Date: December 29, 2004 06:27AM

Thanks glam!

I had found those, and also one for the 'healing center' itself. Of course, she wrote or approved all the content on those sites.

There is a real lack of objective information. The center fits almost exactly into the profile of a cult, the requirements and processes there send up serious red flags, as does the lack of information on what is required to become a member of the center's community (as opposed to just buying books or paying for various therapies on an "outpatient" basis.

I don't believe she's changed her name, as I've found references to a past career in Atlanta, GA under the name jackie woods.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your post.

:)

Adawehi & Jackie Woods
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 29, 2004 06:41AM

1) The message board at www.factnet.org

2) Go to Google, click the 'groups' tab and that enables you to search all the Google listserves.

Sometimes material shows up on listserves earlier than anywhere else.

Adawehi & Jackie Woods
Posted by: glam ()
Date: December 29, 2004 06:54AM

You're welcome/

I don't believe she's changed her name, as I've found references to a past career in Atlanta, GA under the name jackie woods.

Me, too....but all those references seem to come from positive PR/spin probably written/approved by herself, so it's entirely possible she changed her name. None of those references lead to anything substantial. For example, what did she practice in her "successful practice"? Where exactly was this practice located?

I've also found her referenced on this site:

[www.freespiritcentre.info]

...where she shares cyberspace with "Peter Shepherd, Transformational Psychologist, Supervisor of The Insight Project, Author of "Transforming the Mind"

A link about him leads to:

[www.trans4mind.com]

...all about "transformation of the mind," which sounds almost exactly like Landmark, est, and other Large Group Awareness Trainings.

All of her "about the author" blurbs at Amazon.com are just as generic and give no solid information about her background.

This is a tough one.

Glam

Adawehi & Jackie Woods
Date: December 29, 2004 10:32AM

This is a tough one.

It is, seems like dead ends and new age doublespeak wherever I look. I'll follow up on your and corboy's info and share what I learn.

I did discover she's running the institute as a sole proprietorship. This place has a relatively new 8000 square foot conference center and yet Dun & Bradstreet claims she had $25,000 in income last year. The person I am advocating for sunk about $8500 into the place in one year, and she is just one of many.

I'll keep digging.
thanks a million--

plumblossom

Adawehi & Jackie Woods
Date: December 29, 2004 11:27PM

This is an excerpt from an essay by Ms. Woods entitled "Metaphysical Tithing". The entire article can be found here: [www.ofspirit.com]

Our expression in the world is exchanged for money, or things equal to money. That money, or energy, is then exchanged for what is important to us. In the physical that exchange is usually about housing, food, and clothing. In the emotional we usually spend money on "toys," vanity, comfort, and entertainment. Mentally we spend on stimulation, which might be things like trips or books. Spiritually we should give to whatever or whoever feeds us spiritually. The church has valued the spiritual flow at 10%, but metaphysically it would be more correct for it to be 25% since we have four bodies: spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical.

Most people feel out of control, or victimized, as to how their money is spent. Spending to them is a have-to, a demand from the outside world. It is almost inconceivable for people with victim beliefs around money to see spending as a spiritual heart creation. Yet it is a powerful tool for creating flow when the focus is on the expression of the heart rather than the outside need. How can a God-being be a victim if every exchange is placed on a sacred altar for the purpose of tithing?

...As your heart expression flows through you into the form of money, that money provides you with a vehicle for further flow. You can choose to let it flow into small spaces or big ones, sacred spaces or non-sacred ones. If you choose expanded sacred spaces then energy will come back to you in expanded sacred ways. ...

Frankly, this makes me cringe.

Adawehi & Jackie Woods
Date: December 29, 2004 11:54PM

From a chat transcript found here: [healing.about.com]

<Jackie> My path has been guided by spirit guides and angels. Sometimes that has been etheric and sometimes they have manifested into the physical...

<Jackie> for example...one time I was guided to get a message from a psychic lady but I didn't know how to get there. So I started out with the help of my spirit guides....got to the place where she worked and realized that it was a huge apartment complex...and I freaked -- how was I going to find her when I didn't have an address?

<Jackie> I pulled over to the side of the road...and when I looked up there was a shiny blue old ford pick up with a young blonde long haired man sitting beside me...he asked if he could help and I said "Do you know where I could find a psychic lady in this complex?"

<Jackie> He replied that he could and he did. I turned around and he had vanished...no motors or driving away just vanished...

<TaoHOST> great example of practical spirituality

<Jackie> when I heard from the psychic lady that it had been Archangel Michael that had directed me there I understood.

<TaoHOST> a wonderful gift, Jackie....and a blessing to be chosen in that manner

<Jackie> This experience and many more like it directed me to the path that I am now on...

I have so far written and erased three caustic little comments. *sigh*. It's hard to try to remain somewhat objective...

Re: Adawehi & Jackie Woods
Posted by: jvosullivan ()
Date: July 12, 2014 12:05AM

If by "cult" you mean something with a facade of a pretty glossy picture with staged smiles, contrived charm, sales techniques, some tired pop spiritual- psychology and magical thinking together with some assertiveness training, it's a cult. If by cult you mean narcissism, superficiality, profound selfishness, fake connectivity from vebal training in "empathy," and selective delusions requiring constant compulsive, isolation, rigid scheduling and social rules and constant "ritual abuse," together with constant self-referencing and endless talk of "me" and total denial of all other people & social realities outside the bubble, it's a cult. If we mean social isolation and rigid boundaries, it's a cult. It swallowed a family member of mine. She subsequently can't even do minimal social contact with family members.

[Moderator note: Posting contact information is against the rules of this message board]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2014 07:20PM by rrmoderator.

Welcome to forum, JVO
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 12, 2014 10:05PM

Dear JVO, welcome to the Cult Education Institute forum/message board.

You can share private confidential information anytime using the private
message function which is free.

You are never under any obligation to divulge personal info to anyone.

If any person ever seems to get intrusive or offensive to you, contact
Mr Rick Ross, the moderator. This is the one way to keep the private
message area a clean and secure area for all of us -- neighborhood watch.

Local chiropractor pleads guilty to assault in Flat RockNov 21, 2013 ... Doctor also practiced at Adawehi. Chiropractor Robert Lilly pleaded guilty to
assault on a female after he admitted to molesting a 73-year-old ...
www.tryondailybulletin.com/.../doctor-also-practiced-at-adawehi/ - 47k - Cached - Similar pages

Chiropractor pleads guilty to assault charge | BlueRidgeNow.comNov 15, 2013 ... Dr. Robert Powell Lilly was charged with one count of sexual battery following ...
Lilly also worked out of an office at Adawehi Healing Center in ...
www.blueridgenow.com/article/20131115/ARTICLES/131119928 - 63k - Cached - Similar pages

Doctor Pleads Guilty to Assault - WLOS ABC13 :: Search ResultsDoctor Robert Lilly has pleaded guilty to assault on a female after he admitted to
... Lilly also saw patients out of the Adawehi Wellness Center in Columbus.
www.wlos.com/template/cgi-bin/archived.pl?type=basic... - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

UPDATE: Doctor Pleads Guilty to Assault - YouTube
Doctor Robert Lilly has pleaded guilty to assault on a female after ... Lilly also saw patients ...
2 min -
[www.youtube.com]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.