Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Gangaji, Mooji, Om C Parkin, John de Ruiter
Posted by: arunadasi ()
Date: February 04, 2010 02:45PM

Hello all!
Can you help me with these teachers?

Gangaji -- a close friend of mine who left a small cult much scarred told me she is now with Gangaji and spoke of her in glowing terms. Yesterday I read some refernces to her in the forum. Who is she? Is she legit?

Mooji is very popular with some friends of mine connected to Ramana Maharshi. They say he does not take money, is inspiring, warm, etc. However, one of these friends says he can see the seed of downfall: Mooji, in his 50's, recently married a very young woman, and female devotees show signs of a sexual attraction he should have nipped in the bud immediately.

Om C Parkin is a German teacher who may not be well known on this site. I've known of him for a long time, as friends of mine who should be able to recognise BS are very enthusiastic about him. A few years ago one of these friends said he wants to expand into England and was holding a first session in London. She asked me t spread the word, and I did. I wasn't interested but five of my friends went, and all were bored to tears! I listened to a tape of his and it was very boring, no life to it. He is however very well known and influential in Germany. I don't know if he managed to put down roots in London.

I went to see John de Ruiter in Amsterdam several years ago, on the invitation of a friend I was visiting. He was silent for a very long time, then answered questions. I was not particularly impressed but neither was there anything negative -- except for the huge starry eyed crowd who paid EUR 10 to gather at his feet. He claims to teach in silence.

Since friends of mine are associated with these people I'd love to know if there is any dirt on them.

All of them say they are advaitic teachers based on Ramana Maharshi.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gangaji, Mooji, Om C Parkin, John de Ruiter
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: February 04, 2010 10:31PM

See [www.culteducation.com]

There is a subsection about de Ruiter.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 06, 2011 11:46PM

A person I know slightly said she was going to India to study with a guru.

I misheard him and thought he was looking for a guru.

I wrote some advice, warning she that was potentially a valuable recruit for any guru because she was wealthy and great looking. Her mere presence would make any project look good.

Turned out this person had already given her heart to being Mooji's disciple and I was scolded harshly.

Mooji seems to be one of those "insta-enlightenment" persons who came out of Poonja's stable.

[mooji.org]

Anthony Paul Moo-Young, known as Mooji, was born on 29 January 1954 in Port Antonio, Jamaica. In 1969, he moved to the UK and he is presently living in Brixton, London. Anthony worked in London's 'West end' as a street portrait artist for many years, then as a painter and a stained glass artist, and later as a teacher at Brixton College. For a long time, he was well known as Tony Moo, but is now affectionately known as Mooji* by the many seekers and friends who visit him.

Mooji is a direct disciple of Sri Harilal Poonja, the renowned advaita master, or Papaji, as his followers call him. In 1987, a chance meeting with a Christian mystic was to be a life-changing encounter for Mooji. It brought him, through prayer, into the direct experience of the Divine within. Within a short period, he experienced a radical shift in consciousness so profound that outwardly, he seemed, to many who knew him, to be an entirely different person. As his spiritual consciousness awakened, a deep inner transformation began which unfolded in the form of many miraculous experiences and mystical insights. He felt a strong wind of change blowing through his life which brought with it a deep urge to surrender completely to divine will. Shortly after, he stopped teaching, left his home and began a life of quiet simplicity and surrender to the will of God as it manifested spontaneously within him. A great peace entered his being, and has remained ever since.

For the following six years, Mooji drifted in a state of spontaneous meditation oblivious to the outer world he formally knew. During these years, he lived almost penniless but was constantly absorbed in inner joy, contentment and natural meditation. Grace came in the form of his sister Julianne, who welcomed Mooji into her home with loving kindness, and afforded him the time and space he much needed to flower spiritually, without the usual pressures and demands of external life. Mooji refers to this period of his life as his "wilderness years" and speaks touchingly of a deep feeling of being "seated on the Lap of God". In many respects, these were far from easy times for Mooji, yet there is no trace of regret or remorse in his tone as he recounts these years. On the contrary, he speaks of this phase of his life as being richly blessed and abundant in grace, trust and loving devotion.

In late 1993, Mooji travelled to India. He had a desire to visit Dakshineswar in Calcutta where Sri Ramakrishna, the great Bengali Saint, had lived and taught. The words and life of Ramakrishna were a source of inspiration and encouragement to Mooji in the early years of his spiritual development. He loved the Saint deeply but as fate would determine, he would not go to Calcutta. While in Rishikesh, a holy place at the foothills of the Himalayas, he was to have another propitious encounter; this time with three devotees of the great advaita Master Sri Harilal Poonja, known to his many devotees as Papaji. Their persistent invitation to Mooji to travel with them to meet the Master made a deep impression on him. Still he delayed the prospect of meeting Papaji for two whole weeks, choosing first to visit Varanasi, the holy city.

In late November 1993, Mooji travelled to Indira Nagar in Lucknow to meet Papaji. It was to be an auspicious and profoundly significant experience on his spiritual journey. He felt it to be his good fortune; he had met a living Buddha, a fully enlightened master. He gradually came to recognise that Papaji was his Guru. Mooji stayed with Papaji for several months. During one particular satsang meeting, Papaji told him: “If you desire to be one with truth, 'you' must completely disappear.” On hearing this, great anger arose within his mind, full of judgement and resistance towards Papaji. He decided to leave the master's presence for good, but later that day a huge dark cloud of anger and rebelliousness suddenly lifted, leaving his mind in a state of such peace, emptiness and a love towards the master, so intense, that he knew he could not leave. Through 'Papaji's' grace, his mind was pushed back into the emptiness of source.

In 1994, with his Master's blessings he travelled down to Sri Ramanasramam in Tiruvannamalai. This is the ashram at the foot of Arunachala, the 'Hill of Fire', where Sri Ramana Maharshi*, the Sage of Arunachala and Papaji's Guru, had lived and taught. Mooji felt very happy and at home in Tiruvannamalai. He stayed there for almost three months before returning to sit at Papaji's feet once again.

A week after returning to Lucknow, Mooji received news from London that his eldest son had died suddenly of pneumonia. He returned to England. The bliss of earlier years gave way to a profound emptiness and inner silence, imparted by the Grace and Presence of Papaji.

Mooji visited Papaji again in 1997. It was to be his last meeting with his Beloved Master, who had by now become ill and frail in his movements, but whose inner light and presence remained undiminished. A month after returning to London, Mooji received news that the Master had passed away. Of this Mooji declares: "That Principle that manifests as the Master is ever HERE NOW. The True Master never dies, it is the mister that dies. The true Master, that Sat Guru* within, alone is the Real".

Since 1999, Mooji has been sharing satsang in the form of spontaneous encounters, retreats, satsang intensives and one-to-one meetings with the many seekers who visit him, from all parts of the world, in search of the direct experience of truth. Few amongst the modern teachers of the advaita tradition expound the 'knowledge of Self', and the method of self-enquiry, with such dazzling clarity, love and authority. There is an energy that radiates from Mooji's presence, a kind of impersonal intimacy, full of love, joy and a curious mix of playfulness and authority. His style is direct, clear, compassionate and often humorous. Once caught in the grip of his questions, there seems to be no place to hide. So unsparing is his scrutiny and uncompromising stance, that the 'I' concept is inescapably exposed as a mental construction, when viewed from the formless awareness we are.

Over the last 8 years Mooji has been travelling to Spain, Italy, Germany, Sweden, North America, Argentina, Brasil, India, where he conducts Satsang meetings, Intensives and Retreats. He is ever open to meeting sincere seekers of truth, whatever their background.

Date: December 07, 2011 12:32AM

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:w8qSC8DpZMkJ:[www.theindiaphile.com]

Losada wrote a book, The Battersea Park Road to Paradise

theindiaphile: Tell us a bit about Mooji? What kind of teachings does he offer?

Isabel Losada: Mooji asks questions. He asks you the kind of questions that you might imagine an ocean would ask you? Such as who is ‘I’? Are you breathing or are you being breathed?
And one I thought about for weeks after the first meeting: Your inner observer that observes you, does that observer observe with interest or does the observer just observe?

What was appealing to me about his teachings is that he doesn’t give answers. Not even the most cynical journalist could accuse him of anything bad because he just asks questions.

Anyway, ultimately what he does is to enable you to realise that you are not your mind. You are beyond your mind. You are not your thoughts. I go into this in more detail in the book but this is quite life changing.

Readers are invited to look up yes set and trance induction.

If you are asked a string of questions to which you repeatedly say yes, yes yes
or a string of questions to which you keep answering no, no no)
this elicits a trance in trance-susceptible persons.

If one is on the recieving end of such interrogation and doesnt know about yes setting trance induction, one can in context of satsang, be led to think ones trancing out is a nondual enlighenment experience and attribute it to the Amazing Guru (fill in name here).

And not recognize you've been tranced out.

Intelligence has zero to do with this. Education is no protection either.

Here is further information. It can account for why so many zone out in sastsang questioning

---
Re: Question of trance induction..
Brian Lawless · 06/18/01 at 8:50 PM ET
Thank you for your response! My question got VERY sidetracked there into something else regarding Brazilian trance! (*which apparently is somewhat your point as well*) I hope it leads these people to some useful data. But, on to my point, the Ericksonian use of confusion refers to a changing of consciousness or alteration of one's sense of reality. What could this mean? I'll write my thoughts here. -You refer to 'experiential states not normal to waking consciousness.' (I'll continue here with your martial arts metaphor.) So, this 'loss of balance,' as in the handshake induction, changes their normal comfortable method of behavior slightly, which leads to internal search (what Dr. Erickson refereed to as searching the unconscious.) This is essentially a pattern interrupt. (Loss of balance - a good analogy by the way!) This ‘unconscious search’ is trance, or to keep with the metaphor, 'keeping one's internal balance' is trance. So, if I understand correctly, the individuals normal natural method of behaving or pattern of behaving in Ericksonian Therapy is interrupted, or slightly confused at some point in time, leading to trance.... here trance is a state which the individual must search within themselves for a response or go to a new response suggested by the therapist, thus affecting change or in other words therapy.

Trance is like an unbalancing and re-balancing action. So a 'yes set' or 'no set' works because it sets up a pattern which is interrupted by the therapist which leads to the patient's unbalancing and need to rebalance themselves with the help of the therapist suggestions. Any pattern will do! Any behavior pattern exhibited by the patient will do! I guess my new question is where exactly does disassociation enter this equation?

Trance isn't exactly an ‘internal confusion’ with the connotations that word brings! Rather a shifting of regular patterns of the problem that leads to a search and a discovery of new pattern of behavior until recently outside of consciousness or rather, in Dr. Erickson theory, inside the unconscious. Internal searching isn’t to me exactly confusion, but I see where they are going with that. I don’t think I’m alone when I say that this term ‘confusion’ can be VERY misleading, and lead to distrust of the theory where a therapist’s fidelity with his/her clients might be in question. I’m sure you understand my meaning here.

So, more to the point, Dr. Erickson used normal pattern interrupt by continuing the normal behavior in the opposite direction (much like the martial arts does!)

This fits so well with Erickson's steadfast cow story! Pull the cow....change the pattern with alittle with a PULL from the other direction while continuing to first pull. Funny how he didn't PUSH the other or PUSH the same way...he PULLED the other way. Is this why it IS confusing? The steadfast cow is left with nothing left to be steadfast about! It's resisting then it's ASKED TO RESIST IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION by the pull. Basically a more complex reverse psychology.

PS- I'm an instructor in Jeet Kune Do...on the side, it's not as easy as one might think to 'catch' that opponents hand...is it! ;) It's easier to intercept their intention! Jeet Kune Do the way of the interception fists....or even better like Jiu Jitsu....by taking the opponent to the ground (out of their frame of reference or ‘losing their balance’ one can remove their resistances and subdue (change) a much large opponent by resisting in the opposite direction a little to lead to a trap? Interesting! I knew there is a connection there, I've got it now! I REALLY feel like of got somewhere with your response! Thank You. The last piece often neglected is the resistance in the opposite direction like the handshake induction pulling away slightly in the ‘opposite direction’ then opening the trance or search…I think that has some significance somehow...what do you think?
[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Corboy warning: All this is to assist members of our human family to become awake and free to function to their best capacity as citizens, friends, lovers, spouses, parents, students, workers and at play.

Anyone who uses this information to intrude upon, objectify and darken/restrict the capacities of any other person will become a monster in human form.

WHen this information is misused, you will become a prisoner of these techniques, no matter how much bliss you induce in others and no matter how many you con into believing you love them and they love you.

To see the punishment that awaits if you abuse this information, read Oscar Wilde's Picture of Dorian Gray.

Date: December 07, 2011 06:30AM

For Gangaji go here:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: December 07, 2011 06:39AM

Gangaji was reportedly a student of Andrew Cohen's and her original name was Antoinette Warner or Varner or somethign like that. She along with others troubled by Andrew Cohens early and brutal behavior, left him to complain to HWL Pooja and transferred thier loyalties to Poonja.

After Andrew quarreled with the guy who reportedly zinged him into awakening (HWL Poonja--guy was a psychic equivalent of an arsonist--seemed to like getting people fired up)--Poojna selected Warner as his protege and she became Gangaji.

(Luna Tarlo Mother of God)

Later, there were problems.

Final note: Ramana Maharshi is, now that he is dead and in no position to complain, being used by many pop up gurus for their own legitimation. Problem is, Ramana never left a lineage and never formally designated a successor.

Legions of pilgrims are enchanted by the written records and come to Maharshis' town, idolizing him.

The old gentleman is dea d and cannot receive these seekers' ardent projections in person.

So Tiruvannamalai is full of teacher. Some are reportedly legit. Others are trying to catch a few of these seekers and put them in their own people-portfolios.

Posted by: arunadasi ()
Date: December 07, 2011 04:08PM

I went with some friends to see Mooji in London. The room was full to capacity. He spoke the usual teachings which anyone with any experience already knows. People were listening with devoted eyes. I was underwhelmed.

My son is at present in Tiruvannamalai. Mooji is there as well with a HUGE following.

I have been going to Tiruvannamalai since the early 70's. Back then it was a quiet place and the focus was on Ramana Mahashi.
Now it is a croded supermarket with every half-baked teacher who can spout the usual wisdom-teachings trying to develop a following. It's hard to take.

Date: December 11, 2011 02:15AM

Arundadasi wrote on February 03, 2010 10:45PM

Mooji is very popular with some friends of mine connected to Ramana Maharshi. They say he does not take money, is inspiring, warm, etc.

[www.mooji.org]

Some land has come to Mooji in Southern Portugal. Mooji and several members of the Sangha are presently living in Portugal. He intends to live in Portugal eventually and also to create a space where intense Satsang retreats may be held. Mooji has chosen this place for its peace, beauty and remoteness. Here, he intends to meet those who are deeply drawn to truth and authentic Self-discovery. He speaks of being guided to this region.

SPONSOR A PROJECTMonte Sahaja is a place where Mooji intends to meet serious seekers of truth. We are here preparing the ground for this to happen. If you wish to support us particularly at this stage of construction here is a list of tools we need. Write to portugalproject@mooji.org if you can make a donation.

Date: December 11, 2011 02:28AM

All you who donate your hard work to building this Portuguese ashram:

1) Make sure there is medical care. One can get serious injuries if a heavy rock or brick is dropped on ones foot and one isnt wearing steel toed workshoes.

2) Never do a task you feel impropertly trained for especially if it entails sawing or use of electronic saws or concrete pourers.

3) Rest and water and food are important. Dont let anyone deny these if you need them.

Ultimate test: After you have worked hard to build this ashram and its buildings, see if the guru appeciates your work and remains appreciative and grateful.

If at some point, he forgets what you have done, and you are shoved aside, after those buildings are completed, and you have trouble getting appointements to see him while new arrivals who are rich and famous and didnt do a thing to create the buildings are let in line ahead of you...

Its not ego that recognizes such discrepancies. It is justice.

And dont let anyone accuse you of 'ego' if you realize the guru is playing favorites and forgets how much you and others contributed, in those early days, working on those buildings with volunteer effort that have made the guru rich and comfortable.

Buildings that make possible privacy, and make possible a pecking order of favorite and less favored.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2018 05:41AM by corboy.

Date: December 11, 2011 03:33AM

Dialog following a Mooji video entitled Show Me God Now

Comments started three years ago up till recently.

[www.youtube.com]

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

chatimentz 3 years ago 3
You may think that it is my ego when I ask you this question, but why do you charge peopel to see you! :) I say this with the most respect

arnesonj25 3 years ago

At first all satsangs were totally free, and they still are in themselves. All dialogues on Youtube and the main website are free as well. But Mooji dedicates all his time to serving his Master's message, and has no other means to support himself and travel expenses. So contributions are necessary. Furthermore, people pay for what they value. In India, the custom of offering to your Guru is obvious, but 'here' if you let people give 'what they want', so many say they are broke... :)

CaribouLou6 2 years ago (quoting Mooji)
"Don't think of yourself as God..."

Beautiful. So many teaches don't remind people that although all we see is God, to think of oneself as God tends to lead to self-inflation and confusion.

Even realized teachers fall into this trap.

Mr Mooji does not.

starbuudh 2 years ago 9

What realized teachers fell into that trap? I am sure they were not yet realized, if they where trapped. There are many such traps on the path. Iam sure Mooji is no exception on being trapped once or twice before being fully realized. When one is completely (not intellectually) REALIZED there is nobody there to be trapped anymore

cspace1234nz 1 year ago why is it spiritual quackery? Is there spiritual truth published elsewhere that I have yet to be privy to? By all means, propose your alternative but currently all you have done is pick up a twig, called it the "Twig of Dribble" and pointed it at what you disagree with.

I could call you a hamster if I so wished. That no more provides you with long teeth, fur and four legs than your assertions define what was said in the video.

Nateb123 1 year ago
It would seem you quite like the intellectual gymnastics but I am not so interested.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I can see is that this character follows a follower of a true saint in Ramana Maharshi ?

If so you really can't go far past Mr Raamana orfo a good dose of reality and truth, not this entrepreneurial rubbish.

cspace1234nz 1 year ago
Simple logic is now intellectual gymnastics? No one is stupid enough to think that. You must just be trolling.

Nateb123 1 year ago
Yes it's pretty clear you just want to turn this into a head game which is why you can't get what I am suggesting in the first place.

Must be trolling, absolutely must be....if that suits you.

cspace1234nz 1 year ago
And what is the truth then? To criticize without offering a constructive alternative is not the actions of a being interested in truth.  If you are so concerned with truth you would be shouting it from the rooftops not just ragging on what others find to be true. I make no assumptions as to the truth of Mooji's discussion but your actions speak volumes of how you truly regard truth. It is a matter of convenience to you. "Truth" is whatever suits you and so it is just a concept with no weight

Nateb123 1 year ago
Arse !

Nonsensical dribble from you now, you must be one of his groupies.

If I was so arrogant as to offer up this kind of spiritual quackery I too would deserve the derision of those intelligent enough to see through this critters charade, as well meaning as he thinks he is

DivineNatureAwakens 1 year ago
He talks very nice and has a very soothing voice no doubt. But his words are empty. His veneration of the 'self ' gives him away. This is the first time of all the videos I hear him in, tha he mentions God and only cuz they asked. He speaks as though he knows what he says from experience. As though he recognizes God. Yet in most his teachings he doesnt have the humility to even mention much less credit God for eanythin. Much love & credit 4 the self here, very little love to what matters : God

..peace and respect

MrGlape 7 months ago
I feel that mooji wanted to kick that guy on face!!!!

(in reply to this two others made these suggestions

Please somebody explain, I don't really understand. He says everything is God. It can be misleading. In fact he had to disagree that the interviewer is also God.

It is not that everything is produced from the Source but is not the Source itself ?

bugrist 1 year ago
@bugrist  he did not disagree that the interviewer is also God... he just told him not to say that he is...and to just observe it

moqutpar 1 year ago
Bravo Mooji ! You see them coming !

It is obvious to me that the guy asking the questions had already the answers and conceptualised truth made up in advance and ready to be at war with Mooji.

In his great wisdom Mooji's responses were evasive and light . Still in the face of a storm or in the face of an opportunistic and aggressive warrior who was blinded to God and the truth because of his own concepts like so many religious fanatics.

LeCanadienerrant 1 year ago
He is being very careful. Because saying as a seperate individual that one is God would be blasphemy! Mooji is merely pointing to the fact that "IT" is God here and now, everywhere as everything, manifest and unmanifest. The Being of all living forms.

bigbamboo396 5 months ago
can you people not see how fake mooji is in this video. He is obviously bothered by the guys comments and feels uncomfortable, even wanted to 'kick him in the face' like ohlala1409 says. Is that the behaviour of a realised person?

Just another fake guru...

--------------
moqutpar 1 year ago
Mooji always seems kind of serious until he laughs. It's one of those laughs that make you smile, totally selfless.

Pages: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.