Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Gangaji, Mooji, Om C Parkin, John de Ruiter
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 03, 2018 11:33PM

One person in this discussion identified as both a de Ruiter believer and as a mental health professional.

[www.spiritualteachers.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Research John de Ruiter by putting sisters and dead into Google
Date: November 03, 2018 11:45PM

Put this into the Google slot john de ruiter sisters dead

[www.google.com]

Silence, Charisma and Power: The Case of John de Ruiter

[www.researchgate.net]

Charismatic authority, as Max Weber originally conceived it, is predicated on followers’ perceptions that their leader possesses superhuman or extraordinary powers. This article points to a novel link between silence and charismatic authority by examining the new religious movement (NRM) led by John de Ruiter and showing the important role that interpersonal silence plays in the social construction of his superhuman status.

Specifically, de Ruiter's management of three distinct aspects or qualities of interpersonal silence allows him to perform seemingly miraculous feats for his devotees.

Firstly, the projection-eliciting aspect, of interpersonal silence fosters the belief within devotees that de Ruiter has the ability to speak to the specific personal needs of people whom he has never met.

Secondly, the punitive aspect of silence enables de Ruiter to perform superhuman displays of power over others at meetings.

Thirdly, de Ruiter's use of silence fosters the belief that he has a miraculous ability to form intimate bonds with complete strangers, simply by gazing at them. To familiarize readers with this NRM, the article begins with a description of the group's culture, belief system, form of worship, methods of generating revenue, and recruitment strategies.

(PDF) Silence, Charisma and Power: The Case of John de Ruiter. Available from: [www.researchgate.net] [accessed Nov 03 2018].

Date: May 21, 2019 07:41PM

Hi guys,

I just want to say this:
I dont think Mooji has, or is a cult.
I've seen lot of videos from him, and as far as i can see he seeks to direct people towards the Consciousness of "being", that we truely are.

If anyone thinks of this differently, I would like them to respond with a list of reasons why they consider Mooji to be a cult.

For examply:
- aggressive behaviour
- sexual abuse
- greedy ways generete extra income out of others
- inappropriate ways of(aggressive) communication and words

This kind of things.
I would like to see clear evidence.

I am saying this because there is a lot of fear in the world, from which people can, (way too) quickly, impulsively jump on anyone and say "this is a cult"

Maybe from their own traumatic experience, maybe from drug abuse, can be anything.

I just wish to stress this, as i think of, that people can suffer strongly from others who misjudge things from their own narrow-minded perspectives.

It is very hard for human beings, this is in general so no one is exceptional, to judge quickly, which most often, come from, what they already know.
From past experiences.

this is what motivates me to ask this kind of proof an bring forward my view.
Once more i'd like to tell you, i have no experience with him at all.

I do have been inspired by videos from him, and they have served me well in the past, to generate mindstates and spiritual experiences which allowed me to be more in control of myself, more in love and awareness, less in fear and leaking energy. Abundance vs leaking.

And whatever teaching brings you to abundance (joy, love etc), is what benefits.

If teaching leads to mass-orgies and stuff, obvious is leaking energy.
just to give simple example, with which some are (frustratedly) familiar with.
For this seems to happen.

However we must be careful not to get convicted that this is very often the case. That this is allways the case. It is not.
This is not what we want to create also, dont we?
(Law of Attraction) - so we need to be careful with our believes and judgements. A lot of activity can come forth from one simple, perhaps false statement. And i wish, no people need to suffer from such things.

Thank you.

Posted by: arunadasi ()
Date: January 26, 2023 01:53PM

Seen this?

[www.bbc.com]

John de Ruiter charged with sexual crimes.

A messianic leader of a multi-million dollar spiritual organisation in western Canada has been charged with four counts of sexual assault.

John de Ruiter, 63, has led the College of Integrated Philosophy in Edmonton for decades, skirting controversy and accusations that he is running a cult.

A representative for Mr de Ruiter told the BBC in a statement that he will fight the charges in court.

He will return to work at the College this week, the group's website said.

Police in Edmonton, Alberta said they arrested Mr de Ruiter - who they describe as a "self-appointed spiritual leader" - and charged him with sexually assaulting four women in different incidents between 2012 and 2020.

According to reports to police, Mr de Ruiter told certain female members of his group that he "was directed by a spirit to engage in sexual activity with them, and that engaging in sexual activity with him will provide them an opportunity to achieve a state of higher being or spiritual enlightenment".

Police believe there may be more victims and have asked them to come forward.

Posted by: Valma ()
Date: January 26, 2023 10:17PM

Dondrup is powerhungry imposter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi guys,
>
> I just want to say this:
> I dont think Mooji has, or is a cult.
> I've seen lot of videos from him, and as far as i
> can see he seeks to direct people towards the
> Consciousness of "being", that we truely are.
>
> If anyone thinks of this differently, I would like
> them to respond with a list of reasons why they
> consider Mooji to be a cult.
>
> For examply:
> - aggressive behaviour
> - sexual abuse
> - greedy ways generete extra income out of others
> - inappropriate ways of(aggressive) communication
> and words
>
> This kind of things.
> I would like to see clear evidence.
>

There are over 2500 posts on Mooji if you have the patience to read them all and forge your own opinion from others sharing their experiences: [forum.culteducation.com]

Beware where you tread or what you believe.

Anyone can say or write correct spiritual stuff (mixed with falsehood that you may not be able to discern); it is through their actions that their true nature is revealed, which is impossible to know unless you have had first-hand experience with any individual labelled as "guru". If you have not, you will have to rely on testimonials and discern intuitively whether they are trustworthy or not. The more disturbing testimonials appear, the more vigilant one should be. There is never smoke without a fire somewhere.

Posted by: shamrock ()
Date: January 27, 2023 04:15AM

arunadasi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Seen this?
>
> [www.bbc.com]
>
> John de Ruiter charged with sexual crimes.

Also posted in this thread:

"John de Ruiter arrested, charged w assault" [forum.culteducation.com]

Also posted in this thread:

"John de Ruiter" [forum.culteducation.com]

John de Ruiter Bail Hearing
Date: January 28, 2023 01:13AM

Alberta spiritual leader John de Ruiter set for bail hearing after sexual-assault charges

Jana G. Pruden Globe and Mail January 27 2023
Edmonton

[www.theglobeandmail.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2023 01:46AM by corboy.

Re: John de Ruiter Bail Hearing
Date: January 30, 2023 03:16AM

Self-proclaimed spiritual leader John de Ruiter, accused of sexual assault, granted bail in Edmonton

[globalnews.ca]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2023 03:21AM by corboy.

Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.