Posted by: The Shadow ()
Date: January 24, 2010 08:07AM

good post Crista
The Shad

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dave Lakhani, Kevin Hogan, persuasion, Boot Camp
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: January 24, 2010 08:10AM

The other day I did some checking of Lakhini's website. A whole bunch of links weren't working. (Maybe that has since changed?)

So I did a little checking of Kevin Hogan's website too.

What a shocker, someone else has also provided a bunch of LINKS THAT DON'T WORK.

The following links for testimonials on Kevin Hogan's home page DO NOT WORK as of this writing:

* www.david-power.com

* www.easytoquitmethod.com

* www.matthew-shields.com

* www.viventia.com.br

* plainlysmartsolutions.com.au

* www.professionallifestyleassistant.com

* www.wealthvirus.com (something pops up, but it doesn't appear to be currently active)

* www.watersmind.com (again, something pops up, but it doesn't seem to be an active site at this time)

* www.sonyamlenzo.com (there are multiple plugs from Sonya Lenzo on the web page - but no active website)

C’mon, one would expect "experts" on persuasion, of all things, to have working links on their websites.

But no.

Tsk tsk. Seems a sloppy way to do business.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 08:14AM by helpme2times.

Re: Dave Lakhani, Kevin Hogan, Covert Hypnosis, persuasive storytelling
Date: January 24, 2010 08:39AM

("Covert Hypnosis Power

www.kevinhogan.com

Dave is the author of several books including How to Sell When Nobody's Buying. [...]

One of Dave's greatest talents is structuring persuasive storytelling. Story sells. Most people can't tell a story. When you watch Dave in March don't just LISTEN to the stories he tells, watch HOW he structures those stories into his presentation.

Each year I ask Dave to do something...surprising... Last year was shocking. [...]

But I can give away his second module which is, How to Build a Persuasive Personal Brand. If you can brand yourself effectively, you can have almost anything you want in any aspect of life and business. [...]

In this third module Dave will show you how to Develop a Proper Social Media Strategy,. You could spend a month of twittering, all for naught. Or you can make it pay off. You could live on Facebook and never make a penny...or you can follow Dave's strategy for you.")
-Dave

WOW, what i find so extraordinary is that these "sharks" are actually proud of the fact that they are practicing and teaching COVERT methods to sell people useless stuff, or stuff they don't want. They are taking advantage of people in "altered" states of consciousness (induced by themselves) and actually feel proud of this. Isn't it amazing and disgusting at the same time.??
The Shad

Re: Dave Lakhani, Kevin Hogan, Covert Persuasion
Date: January 24, 2010 08:59AM

Kevin Hogan's "Covert Persuasion" book has this subtitle:

"Psychological Tactics and Tricks to Win the Game"

Key words:

COVERT

TACTICS

TRICKS

Amazon shares this from the book's inside flap:

"Covert Persuasion sounds like a secret operation because it is; when you master these techniques and put them to use, no one will even notice your tactics. But that doesn't mean these techniques are sneaky or underhanded. They aren't! You aren't tricking anyone; you're simply using all your abilities to encourage them to make the choice you want them to make." [bold emphasis is mine]

Um.... did he really just say that??

How can he say that you AREN'T being sneaky or underhanded when you'll be using techniques that people won't notice (at least so he says), AND when you will be getting people to do what YOU want them to do.

This sounds highly manipulative.

One of the reviews of this book at Amazon contains this comment:

"I don't know if writers are paying people off, I doubt that, but I bet these guys all know each other and are doing each other "a solid". It be interesting to see if these people review each others works and give glowing reviews. One reviewer of Hogan's book actually did two reviews and gave 5 stars each time." (bronx book nerd)

[[url=http://www.amazon.com/review/R3C63RVFZLXOLS/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0470051418&nodeID=#wasThisHelpful]www.amazon.com[/url]]

Date: January 24, 2010 09:06AM

yep, helpmetwotimes;
what begs the question is WHY people even want to sign up to be taught these "tactics" and "tricks"...
if a product is good, and people need or want it, they will buy it....but if your product is not good, then i guess you will have to resort to "tricks" and manipulative "tactics" to PUSH your product on unsuspecting people...just as Dave and his cohorts do.

Date: January 24, 2010 09:19AM

Human nature, Shadow.

It ain't easy getting by in this world. So people look for ways to get ahead.

Other people invent ways to get ahead, or more likely, ways that SEEM like they can put you ahead. You just need to shell out $$$ for this, that and the other product to get where you want to be.

If unsuspecting consumers don't get what they want.... well, it's their problem. They just didn't apply the information they purchased correctly.

(I imagine that some folks are honestly looking for a way to stay afloat, and then there are those who are just plain GREEDY.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 09:21AM by helpme2times.

Re: Dave Lakhani, cult mind control tactics, covert manipulation
Posted by: Christa ()
Date: January 24, 2010 09:37AM

ImthatDave

SNIP
This was all put into place as soon as I discovered that CAN was now a Scientologist run organization and before Stoic contacted Hypnosisnetwork.
Dave Lakhani

Dave, 1996 just called. It wants its breaking news back.

Date: January 24, 2010 09:40AM

yeah, of course you are right, helpme2times, i guess that was a bit of a rhetorical question...and i forget that a lot of people are just way too innocent and trusting. Not like an old bird (ah, buzzard!) like me..seen way too many scams, and been the victim of a couple in my early years...

i checked out that Dave's blog on one of the links, and find it interesting how he has that audio message playing over and over, i kind of wonder if he is not attempting some sort of aural subliminal programming...being a suspicious person, i got out of his BlogSpot quickly and do not intend to go back.

i guess we just have to stay on our toes and keep talking about these charlatans/crooks, and keep warning people about them. Too bad they can't be outlawed.

Date: January 24, 2010 09:58AM

Christa
ImthatDave

SNIP
This was all put into place as soon as I discovered that CAN was now a Scientologist run organization and before Stoic contacted Hypnosisnetwork.
Dave Lakhani
Dave, 1996 just called. It wants its breaking news back.
He claims 27 years of cult expertise, yet Dave's just found out about CAN.

Mind-boggling.

I know, I know. I'm harping on this thing. BUT.... as a former cult member who has known oh-so-well about CAN for many years, I feel rather stunned that Dave didn't know until participating in this forum. So, I feel I've a right to harp. It's one way to vent my exceeding annoyance.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: January 24, 2010 10:15AM

'And it's called BOOT CAMP. It could get rough in there.'

That's probably a large part of the appeal, like the frightening shocks that Dave delivers, the disclosure of forbidden material, the death-defying exploits that James Ray promises----it's a new twist on what the fun fair or the carnival offers and why we enjoy horror movies---- we are being taken on a dramatic ride away from our humdrum routine lives to the exotic promise of a new dawn, or perhaps we are just being taken for a ride. (another colloquialism for being conned)

Current Page: 13 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.