Current Page: 8 of 26
Re: Dave Lakhani, cult mind control tactics, covert manipulation
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: January 20, 2010 12:58AM

Mr. Lakhani claims that he is a hugely successful businessman, making up to twice as much in one day as the typical American makes in 2 years.

So... one would expect to find an incredible array of "clients" on Mr. Lakhani's web page devoted to that.

In actuality, there are some big problems with that client page.

For example, some of the links are dead. Would not a reputable business keep on top of such a thing?

There are other problems as well.

Here is a description of what I found (so far) re that "client" list:

* "Palm Tree Promotions" - no website found.

* "The Body Beaute" - no website found.

* "Dragon's Combat" - domain is for sale.

* "Rose Rock Design" - not sure what happened, but it's now known as "Merchant Metrix" - why wouldn't this have been updated if the company changed names?

* "The Web Doctor" - amazingly, this is a duplication; it links to the same company as Rose Rock Design - Merchant Metrix. So, there are two companies listed when currently there is only one, and with a different name than Mr. Lakhani has listed on his site.

* "Enterprise Photos" - just pops up an email form addressed to "ephotos@cableone.net", can't find any website for it.

* "SuperKart Indoor Racing" - there's no link to a website for this on Mr. Lakhani's site, even though I was able to find their website via Google. Why no website link? Furthermore, it says on the main page: "Notice: Indoor Kart Track no longer operating". So, the site's name advertises for indoor racing, but that crucial aspect of the business is not operational. Just their retail store is open at this time.

* "Breathe Wellness Spa" - er, this is Mr. Lakhani's wife's business.

There are 16 companies listed as being clients of Mr. Lakhani. Yet it seems that only half of them are currently active and/or legitimate for listing on his clients page. One reason I say "legitimate" is.... does a guy who's supposed to be as high-powered as Lakhani really need to list his wife's business as a client?

And wouldn't a truly savvy businessperson operating at the level Mr. Lakhani claims ONLY list clients with businesses that are CURRENTLY in operation? As well as THRIVING? (see Kart Racing biz)

I emphasize the word "seems" above because I am allowing for further information to emerge, and also I just don't know right now if the other companies listed really are clients of Mr. Lakhani. I don't have the time to check them out right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2010 01:03AM by helpme2times.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 20, 2010 03:14AM

For the record....

I notice that someone has been tinkering with the content of Mr. Lakhani's "client" web page today.

Earlier it said, "Our Featured Clients" at the top.

Now it says, "Some of Our Past Clients".

As if that will help mitigate part of the criticism of the page I voiced earlier?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2010 03:16AM by helpme2times.

Posted by: buffman ()
Date: January 20, 2010 03:19AM

Christa
People who leave cults and do not complete the recovery process often wind up drifting from cult to cult. Less often, they visit upon others what their guru visited upon them.

I think this is likely what James Arthur Ray did (repeat the cycle of abuse from abusive LGATs), and perhaps also what Mr. Lakhani is doing. You are absolutely right that his story about being someone who helps people escape cults only to run his own covert persuasion workshops with known scammers and to not know about CAN etc. simply doesn't hold up.

And again, no matter what, it is totally irrational to EVER fully trust someone who teaches "subliminal persuasion" for a living.

Posted by: buffman ()
Date: January 20, 2010 03:24AM

@helpme2times,
People who are experts of persuasion in person are often terrible at persuasion in other mediums, like writing or website design. But if you truly earn $30k/day, you could afford one heck of a great web design firm! Perhaps he does, perhaps he doesn't earn that much--but still an interesting choice.

His home page does have an impressive Google pagerank of 5.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2010 03:26AM by buffman.

Date: January 20, 2010 05:19AM

buffman
@helpme2times,
People who are experts of persuasion in person are often terrible at persuasion in other mediums, like writing or website design. But if you truly earn $30k/day, you could afford one heck of a great web design firm! Perhaps he does, perhaps he doesn't earn that much--but still an interesting choice.
One would think that you'd just hire an expert for the website - as you point out.

Especially when it seems you can well afford it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2010 05:26AM by helpme2times.

Date: January 20, 2010 05:23AM

Mr. Lakhani to Rick Ross/Moderator:
"Moderator, seriously? Can you demonstrate anywhere that I've suggested anyone use brainwashing techniques? Nowhere."

A quote by Mr. Lakhani:
"Use the concept of inconsequence to get people to take little actions that lead to bigger actions. When my mom joined the cult, they did not ask her to give up her life savings, become totally subservient to men, and abandon her friends. They simply invited her to dinner to meet some people. That couldn't hurt. Those people invited her to a service--that couldn't hurt. The minister invited her back. That did not seem like too much of a commitment, so she went. At the next service, the minister invited her to the altar to accept Jesus Christ as her personal Savior. That was a lot bigger step, but logical in the progression of things. And one small step led to another. You can do the same things with your clients."

(bold emphasis mine)
From "Persuasion: The Art of Getting What You Want", pp. 155-56.

Dave Lakhani, persuasion salespeople fabricate and exaggerate income
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: January 20, 2010 12:25PM

There is no way that Lakhani makes that kind of money.

All of these persuasion salespeople fabricate and exaggerate their alleged income, as that is part of their salespitch, and it cannot be checked or verified. Their salespitch is...come to my seminar and make the kind of money I am telling you I make! You can make 50K a day too if you attend my LGAT seminar, that only costs $3,000, so sign here now, and don't miss out!

But notice, that they do not quote an exact income number [forum.culteducation.com] as then a person might get into trouble with the FTC for making deceptive advertising claims.
So they say vague things that are uncheckable, like "earns more money in one day than most American’s do in two years". [forum.culteducation.com]

If they are challenged by the FTC, they might even be able to get away with it, due to the tricky language. Notice they don't say EVERY day, they say "one day".
If a seminar has 50 people for 3 days, at $3,000 a head = 50K a day gross (before costs)

That is the salespitch to wannabe LGAT seminar promoters. If they can get 50 suckers..uh...clients...to drop 3 grand for the weekend, that is what its all about. But its not that easy to sell those seats, but the GREED of the LGAT promoters knows no bounds.

For example, Byron Katie makes far more than most LGAT leaders, but she tries to DENY it, as she is in the New Agey area, where its supposed to not be about the money. Ironically, that is where the greediest ones go, into the New Wage LGAT area, as that is the easiest pickings.
Byron Katie = credit card debt bondage is freedom [forum.culteducation.com]
With 200 people at the Byron Katie 9 Day School for $4,500, that is about 1 million dollars for Byron Katie, which is about $100,000 a day.
(there are no real expenses to deduct as the "Staff" doesn't get paid, and they also sell tons of products at the seminars, and get much more money in "gifts".) So in fact the gross income is much higher.

This is why the greediest, most ambitious, and most aggressive and ruthless scammers go into that LGAT seminar business, as if they play their cards right, they can make a fortune and fast. Of course most of them don't get rich quick, as its not as easy as they say it is, and is very competitive. That is why only the most aggressive and clever rise to the top.

And some of them, like Byron Katie, get the best of both worlds as they list part of their business as a "non-profit" church, and can play the tax-free game as well.

Like Guy Finley, Life of Learning Foundation Inc EIN 931113013, which is listed as a "church" [forum.culteducation.com]

Of course, the seminars about "getting rich fast" are different, in that those Gurus who sell the seminars, brag, exaggerate and lie about their income, as that is part of the salespitch, to try and lure people in.
Don't believe the hype, as they say.

Its not much different than a MLM guy telling you that he makes 6 figures while not working, they lie, to try and sign you up, they pander to human greed.

Re: Dave Lakhani, persuasion salespeople fabricate and exaggerate income
Date: January 20, 2010 12:42PM

helpme2times, that is some excellent cross-checking of alleged clients. [forum.culteducation.com]

Its very common for some self-bloated so-called internet entrepreneurs to fabricate alleged clients, pad their resumes with fairy-stories about being "nominated" for awards, exaggerate their incomes, and make claims that are simply not true.

How much more debunking does it even need? There is such a large list of unverified claims, many of which have been falsified.
And claims being made by a salesperson in advertising, have to be proven by that person, or they are simply FALSE.
They have to prove the claims in their marketing and advertising, if they refuse to do so, then they are toast.

Its like if a person claims to be a "doctor" then refuses to submit proof. If they refuse to prove it, then they are a fraud, its that simple.

Its frankly amazing how so many of these internet self-promoters seem to get away with so much for so long, as not many people actually check into the claims they are making.

But once you find a few rats in their Stories, you know that when there are rats in open view, they are hundreds that can't be seen yet.
And once a few rats are spotted, rest assured they are going to be up all night scrubbing the other rats off the internet.

Same old story, same old song and dance.

Date: January 20, 2010 01:04PM

The bottom line is, is Dave Lakhani's material to be suggested for people who are trying to deal with being in a cult, sect, or cultish LGAT group?
Absolutely not. One would have to rehash these threads again, to go over the massive evidence for that.

Is his material to be suggested to be used to understand covert persuasion techniques? No, not in the least, as there is too much smoke and mirrors, distortion, manipulation, and misdirection. There are many other places to aquire that information, without all of the distortion.

What about all the hints and upselling to the alleged miltary level psy-ops, and mind control tactics that are too dangerous to publish, and can only be studied at expensive LGAT style seminars which forces people to sign bogus "trade secret" contracts to keep the alleged information secret?

More self-marketing hype BS to create a dangerous and mysterious media image, and to try to keep it secret, like every other LGAT seminar.

These days with the internet, most of that kind of information is available online. Of course, most of it is junk, and outright lies, meant to try and manipulate and upsell people to endless scamolas.
But no one needs to get scammed over and over, to supposedly learn those methods.
In reality, its the big sharks who are feeding on the little wannabe sharks.

But in the end, its the decent regular people who are unaware of any of these techniques of covert manipulation who get seriously hurt and pay the price.
James Arthur Ray is not the only person who is hurting people out there, there are many others.

Date: January 20, 2010 01:10PM

If anyone wants to compare the changes in the Dave Lakhani www.boldapproach.com/clients.html website "client" page, they could compare the current page, with the Google cache of the page from last month.
Act fast, as the Google cache can be scrubbed very quickly as well.

-------------------
"This is Google's cache of www.boldapproach.com/clients.html. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 18 Dec 2009 20:12:07"
[74.125.47.132]

Current Page: 8 of 26

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.