Friend, Fool or Fake ?
Posted by: Rushbinder ()
Date: December 13, 2004 08:01AM

Hello - this is my first post on these boards. My query involves a real person, living in an American state, who may be quite innocent. So I'll call him John Doe. Mr Doe was a successful Christian evangelist in the UK in the 1970's. But after Mr Doe went to America there were some rumours in the UK about money and faking. What is he doing in America ? Are there any new rumours ? Am I on the right board to ask these ques[/color:ac1fcd0e36][/b]

Options: ReplyQuote
Friend, Fool or Fake ?
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: December 13, 2004 12:15PM

Well, to answer your question, ti would help to have the name of the person you're seeking info. about.

Christian Evangalists, who are well dressed and live lavish lives, are an accepted part of the USA scene.

sigh.

Friend, Fool or Fake ?
Posted by: Rushbinder ()
Date: December 14, 2004 06:34AM

Hi Toni ... thank you for responding. I am a bit aprehensive about going public as I had what some call being "born again" or "slain in the spirit". And this "miracle" occured at one of John Doe's meetings. Or I was the victim of "mass hypnotisim". Depending on your time zone .... how many hours are you ahead ... behind ... London UK time ? Your call.

Friend, Fool or Fake ?
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: December 14, 2004 07:10AM

Sorry, not giving out phone numbers.

I would not even be able to help you at all, as I don't watch TV Evangelists nor follow that world at all. If you post the name of John Doe on this board, perhaps SOMEONE (not me, for sure) would be able to help you.

Your identity is anonymous here anyway. What's the fear about putting up his name with a question? You're not accusing him of anything falsely, just asking for other's exposure in the US.

Good Luck!

Friend, Fool or Fake ?
Posted by: Savernake ()
Date: December 23, 2004 04:25AM

Toni -- I don't think Rushbinder was asking for your phone number -- she was just saying it's "your call" (ie it's up to you) -- not sure exactly what's up to you, but there you have it ;)

Rushbinder -- just give the person's name -- there are so many evangelists in the US that it really is like searching for a specific straw in a haystack otherwise -- as Toni points out, you are anonymous anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.