Christ family
Posted by: oneofsix ()
Date: December 10, 2009 05:03AM

Is this group seriously still around? If so does anyone know where?

My husband was a very active member until just before we met in 1979. He had been traveling the country for some time, but toward the end was mainly in the Santa Cruz area. He dragged me out into the mountains one day because some very "heavy" member was apparently there at a gathering (I believe he said it was Jesus....)

I hadn't really thought about it much in years, but had a conversation regarding it last night and decided to look it up. He was also at one point involved with the Children of God....

Anyways, was just shocked to hear they are possibly still around.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Christ family
Posted by: privateperson ()
Date: December 11, 2009 01:49AM

Oh, yeah, they are still around, however the pratices have gotten really drug and sex oriented. The guy they claim is Jesus has been convicted of child molesting, selling meth and needles. he is a real jewel. My story in on another thread about the CF. Do you mind telling me who your hubby is? You could send me a private massage. My mom and sisters and I got out in 1981 after us girls had grown up in the CF, it was tough to recover from, but it is possible. We never looked back, you know like Sodon and Gomorrah, we did not want to turn into a pillar of salt.

God Bless,

PP

Posted by: oneofsix ()
Date: December 11, 2009 04:01AM

I will send you private message.... I'm actually on my way out to run errands, and will be out of town for the weekend, I will try to send message before i leave, but if I don't respond that is why :-)

Posted by: kseej2008 ()
Date: December 12, 2009 12:35AM

oneof six and private person

did either of you (or your husband) hang with a group who went through the midwest..Iowa and Southern MN? Do you remember a female member turning up missing?

Posted by: privateperson ()
Date: December 12, 2009 01:12AM

No I did not, have never been to Minnesota. I did read online about her at your recommendation, and I do not think that she was Christ Family, but I could be wrong.

Posted by: DR Live ()
Date: December 13, 2009 09:04AM

I traveled with members of the Christ Family in early 1979. I was searching for truth and the Christ Family was one of many experiences I had on the journey. I was in awe of their dedication and commitment to what they believed in so I went with them. Their leader claimed to be "Jesus Christ" Lightening Amen, they said they were here to judge the earth and gather up the saints before the Earth was cleansed by fire (They quoted Revelations 14 and many other scriptures). While traveling with them I decided to go solo and met another group and their leader also claimed to be Christ. Troubled by who was the real Christ, I fasted and prayed for the truth and was lead to scriptures in the Bible which stated: "There would be many False Christs and many False Prophets in the last days".

"YEE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE"

I praise all those who gave away everything they had and walked bare foot in a white robe living full faith in God, I believe this demonstrates your commitment and desire to serve God. However beware of anyone who claims to be the reincarnatred spirit of Jesus Christ.

Who would make such an outragious claim? and what would be his motive?

Maybe Satan himself?

What better way to decieve even the elect?

Don from Phoenix

Posted by: 666isMONEY ()
Date: December 14, 2009 09:08AM

Several of my friends & I have known many Christ Brothers (and one sister) who came through Tucson. One of my friends was recruited in Austin, Texas in the late 70's and moved with them in the Santa Cruz area, his name was Tom (would really like to know what happened to Tom).

Coincidently, one of them we met in San Diego (Brother Richard) is now in Tucson with another we never saw before. (I didn't see 'em, my friend did.)

We also knew the one who crashed Waco, Jesse Amen (but we knew him as Scott and we met him a few months before he went to Waco).

One of our friends had the Manifesto of Lightning Amen but gave to to Tom, who prolly lost it.

If I run into Richard, I'll let U know.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: January 15, 2011 11:33PM

To whom it may concern:

The primary link about the group known as "Christ Family" led by "Lightening Amen" can be found at the link below:

[forum.culteducation.com]

Here is a subsection regarding recovery issues on this site.

See [www.culteducation.com]

There is also a directory of recovery resources listing licensed professional counselors well-acquainted with cults that specifically have experience helping former members.

The basic dynamics of destructive cults is discussed in this subsection.

The best books to read on the subject would include the following:

Bounded Choice: True Believers and Charismatic Cults

Cults in our Midst

And from an evangelical Christian perspective:

The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse - Recognizing and Escaping Spiritual Manipulation and False Spiritual Authority within the Church

The Drift Into Deception - The Eight Characteristics of Abusive Christianity

Most cult leaders fit the profile of psychopaths. To better understand psychopaths this book is helpful.

Without Conscience

All of these books can be ordered through the following Books reading reference page.

There is also a large subsection within this Web site concerning "brainwashing."

The key research articles, which can be quite helpful in the recovery process, through gaining an in-depth understanding of manipulative coercive persuasion techniques are:

Coercive Persuasion and Attitude Change

Thought Reform and Psychology of Totalsim

Cult Formation

You can better understand the distinctions between various forms of persuasion by studying this chart prepared by clinical psychologist Margaret Singer, author of "Cults in Our Midst." Singer professionally counseled more than 1,000 former cult members.

Singer also wrote the seminal paper "Coming out of Cults" about the recovery process.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2011 11:41PM by rrmoderator.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.