Anyone else hate Christmas?
Posted by: maryjoycegreen ()
Date: December 05, 2009 05:58PM

This is a time for family and friends to get together but unfortunately I will not see or be allowed to visit some of my children or grand children. Some members of the forum have viewed my story at
www.bbc.co.uk/mystory/stories/family-and-friends/151208/ Title: The Impossible Dream. My post today is to ask if there are any others out there that have difficulties at this time of year? Take care

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone else hate Christmas?
Posted by: Mary Struggler ()
Date: December 06, 2009 09:02AM

I used to have a lot of trouble during the holidays. Being secluded in a safe house with 40-50 other members, we relied on each other as family. Thanksgiving and Christmas were the biggest holidays, of course, but other holidays were also a time to put aside work and enjoy a comradely sing. We enjoyed expertly made turkeys and hams, had all of the trimmings of course, and then afterward we sang labor songs. We couldn't see our real families, so we were our own family.

It was difficult the first holiday season for me because even though I was with my family I still thought about the ones left behind, the ones still in. I knew they were probably enjoying dinner and the companionship of each other. There are some I still miss but I have moved on with my life. It is difficult. It will get better as time goes on as long as you embrace what you have and continue to move forward.

Mary Struggler

Re: Anyone else hate Christmas?
Posted by: privateperson ()
Date: December 08, 2009 09:35PM

No, I do not hate Christmas. I do have emotional feelings about all the Christmases that I spent being lost and abnormal. Something that I do to try to reconcile this hurt feeling is to give generously to th Angel Tree, to try to make some poor children have a fun Christmas. I also remember that this celebration is to honor the birth of Jesus Christ, and that I love.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.