Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
one plus one =
Posted by: hsuchij ()
Date: December 06, 2004 09:41PM

This thought came up to me after the weekend: What is one plus one equaled to? Do we know the true answer? Or are we subjected to ask someone else about the answer? Is there imaginary number (like "i") involved in this calculation? Do engineers calculate it differently? Are there some other meanings behind this? Is it a trick question? When do we learn how to add? Does "plus" mean actually plus not minus? Do people laugh at my result? Does my boss agree with me on this issue? Does my love one agree with me? Can we add two electrons? Is it meaningful to add two planets? Who define the next digit? Could the answer be in binary? Who invent the digit? Why do ancient people need calculation? Are we subjected to some kind of pressure when we speak out the truth? Do we look blank when we consider all these factors while doing the math? What is math? Is it a calculation after all? What if the people I trust tells me that one plus one equals something else?

Anyway, I believe the answer is two. However, I do believe someone would yell at me for my answer. Most likely that person would be the same person who would yell at me no matter what. Perhaps it is not about the answer. Perhaps it is about hate or control after all. Perhaps that person would not yell at me if I only listened to him. But listen to him/her what? Are we beasts? Are we human after all? Where is my intellect in this? Can I get out of this situation? After all, I only ask the question "what is one plus one equaled to?" !!

Options: ReplyQuote
one plus one =
Posted by: Templar ()
Date: December 07, 2004 04:22PM

Cuckoo!!

Cuckoo!!

Cuckoo!!

Cuckoo!!

Cuckoo!!

one plus one =
Date: December 07, 2004 04:50PM

Hi,

Are you hinting some kind of dissociative identify disorder? Perhaps it would be a topic to look into for people who affected by LGAT, directly or indirectly.

I had a dinner with a practice MD the other day. He noticed that a relative of mine, sometimes, talked to herself for no reason. Her action was not obvious but we both noticed that. I also noticed that she automatically talked to herself only after she didn't get her boyfriend's response.

The MD then asked her whether she took any sleeping pills. She didn't give a clear answer. This is how I got worried because his boyfriend participates in a LGAT, the one I also participated in before.

So, you see, I got a lot to worry about. My relatives in LGAT, I was in LGAT, and the tech company which my wife worked is also teaching LGAT.

I just want to tell them that "1+1=2". It is that simple.

one plus one =
Posted by: Hope ()
Date: December 07, 2004 11:22PM

Hsuchij

Pretty chilling stuff. Now, imagine being in therapy with a pseudoprofessional who does that type of questioning to his clients.....He hit you? How do you know why he did that? Do you KNOW that he is really crazy? Do you KNOW that he is trying to harm you? We really don't KNOW anything. Why did you react negatively? You don't know why he did it, so how can you make a story that he is controlling and crazy? Why are you allowing him to hit you? He hit you 3 years ago. All your cells have completely changed over by now so there is no physical component left that is affected by his hitting. So it is a story you made up that is just thoughts. Hitting isn't good or bad. It just is. Humans assign meaning to things and that's the problem.

one plus one =
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 07, 2004 11:50PM

If you have access to an up to date medical library with a good psychiatry section, take look at Dorpat's book

'Gaslighting, the Double Whammy, Interrogation, Other Methods of Covert Control in Psychotherapy and Analysis'.

Dorpat took a good hard look at processes that could de-rail psychotherapy and turn it harmful rather than helpful. He admits that he unknowingly did some of this stuff himself, and that quite a few of us unknowingly do this. He wrote so:

1) We could recognize this pattern of behavior, bring it out of the shadows and appreciate how it disrupts trust and fosters abuses of power

2) Make this an area of conscious awareness

3) Assist persons who have been harmed by such behavior to recover trust in their own perception of reality

4) Assist good-hearted persons to stop behaving this way if they were, unknowingly doing this

You can get the book on amazon. Check book finders like Powell, abebooks.com and alibris and see if you can get used copies.

one plus one =
Date: December 08, 2004 09:53PM

Hi, corboy,

I do appreciate your every post. Here is one link that I found when I tried to look for (Dorpat Psychology) in Google.

[www.hup.harvard.edu]

It is called "The Creation of Psychopharmacology". Perhaps people can take a look at the article and understand how mind and body are connected.

While I am doing the recovery, I come across many issues over the past eight months. So I just hope my words would not offend any people.

Hsuchi

one plus one =
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 08, 2004 10:53PM

and see if its worth purchasing...

Go to the bookstore at your local medical school and see if they have a copy--that way you can read enough to see if its worth purchasing. Often medical school bookstores have books that have not yet appeared in a med library's stacks.

Sometimes a local psychoanalytic institute may have a library--call and see if an interested member of the general public can visit.

A bookstore may not be attached to a university but have an especially good selection of psychiatry/psychology books if it is in an area where a lot of practitioners have their offices. One example (at least 20 years ago, I dont know if it still exists) was the Technical Book Store in Los Angeles.

one plus one =
Posted by: Toni ()
Date: December 09, 2004 08:13AM

Wow, hsuchij, your logic was EXACTLY what it was like trying to problem solve things w/ my exBF - a devoted member of a LGAT group.

Conversations to solve problems, or to determine directions in life and relationship were totally circuitous, go nowhere, crazy making! He's a good hearted, kind and intelligent person, with the best of intentions.
It was impossible to draw logical conclusions to anything together, because the conversation went continuously in circles.

This person received his personal 'coaching' from a cult counselor-type. It was quite awhile after ending the relationship that I'd figured out the source of the go-nowhere 'logic'.

Yes, recovery has been quite a process!

Thanks for presenting the problem solving thought process so succinctly!

one plus one =
Posted by: solway ()
Date: December 10, 2004 06:12AM

My x BF also a devoted member of a LGAT worked conversations the same way. round and round we would go, until I would just settle into some "pleasantville" way of life in order for the relationship to continue until I got to the point where there was no relationship. Just like Pleasantville someone had to turn the color on. Now I am trying to recover and heal.

one plus one =
Date: December 10, 2004 11:09AM

Here is the last conversation I had with LGAT leaders:

"Why do we learn throughout our life? It is because we want to be ready mentally and physically when problems come. We face problems everyday in our life. Since the time we went to school, we're gradually equipped with the knowledge we need to know in order to face issues and problems when we grow up. It is why we don't want to attend these classes as an adult just to change everything we learn in a matter five days and come back to the class again to learn more what we have already known."

Well, I got more harassments after I said these words. Perhaps I didn't get their messages...

Hsuchi

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.