Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Wade Demers
Posted by: bostonsenior ()
Date: March 30, 2012 12:46PM

I, too, have spent time with Wade and Patti Demers, if indeed it is the same one, a lovely well-dressed couple in their 60’s, and the husband is a preacher. Though from New England, I have spent time in other parts of the country.

I myself have read the Bible through many times, and would like to think that I adhere closely to its principles. On numerous occasions, I found Wade and Patti to both be articulate, polite, both extremely knowledgeable about the Bible, and also of a mind that its teachings should be adhered to. It is evident in the way they treat each other that they have a very loving and mutually respectful relationship. Their viewpoints from the Bible seem to be objective and devoid of any denominational bias.

I felt compelled to make this post after encountering some negative postings about them, if indeed it is the same couple. I think perhaps it would be enlightening for those who have not met this couple to read from their own Bibles the scriptures I will reference herein: Matthew 5:10-12, 1 Peter 4:14, Matthew 10:20-22, Matthew 24:9, John 15:18-21, and 2 Timothy 3:12.

The scriptures clearly indicate that those who would attempt to abide in the Word will encounter slander, anger, and worse—and not even Jesus Himself escaped this truth…right down to being accused of being of the devil as illustrated in John 8:48, 52, and 59. It is somewhat of a tragedy that the anonymity of the internet affords so easily the opportunity for the cowardly to carry out this type of persecution.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: March 30, 2012 09:02PM

bostonsenior:

Jesus also said that there will be those that come in his name, but he will not know them.

Paul also warned about bad leaders in Galatians.

Believers are warned to be careful concerning "wolves in sheep's clothing".

Posted by: bostonsenior ()
Date: March 31, 2012 07:43AM

rrmoderator:

Certainly the opinion you expressed is mine also, and I have held it for many decades after studying the Bible.

But we must remember that in the end times, mockers increase, and those truly faithful in the ministry of God’s Word will be maligned, as were Paul and other good shepherds. (Acts 28:22)

I suppose this is part of what prompted me to come to the defense of a couple who, in my opinion, is pleasing to Jesus our Master.

And I can only echo rrmoderator’s comment and encourage others to use God’s word as basis for judgment, rather than personal beliefs or rigid, denominationally determined doctrinal stance.

Posted by: meridianms ()
Date: March 09, 2013 10:55PM

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.