Current Page: 87 of 155
James Arthur Ray - David R. Hawkins, Sedona Az, is he God too?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 19, 2010 01:22PM

Another "writer" recommended by James Ray, is David R. Hawkins who runs his business out of Sedona AZ, with a bogus PhD from a diploma mill, and sells Applied Kinesiology quackery, and calls himself an "enlightened teacher".

What is the connection with the James Ray Sedona deaths, and David R. Hawkins who is endorsed by Ray and lives in Sedona Az?

James Ray recommends him.
[www.amazon.com]
Power vs. Force: The Hidden Determinants of Human Behavior by David R. Hawkins [www.amazon.com]

There are lots of cult links coming up about David R. Hawkins himself.
David R. Hawkins [forum.culteducation.com] "David R. Hawkins is a former psychiatrist who now apparently believes he is God."

[www.globalserve.net]
[www.cults.co.nz]

[www.skepdic.com] "AK has some formidable proponents, such as psychiatrist-cum-guru David Hawkins. He claims, among many other things, that he has proof that AK is a reliable "lie detector" and can be used to determine the truth or falsity of any statement. Hawkins also has developed a "scale of consciousness" and uses AK to determine how "enlightened" a book or person who wrote the book might be"

[www.skepdic.com] The Biggest Douche and Biggest Douche Bag in the Universe "Excuse my French, but I'm trying to avoid being sued for referring to David R. Hawkins. He's the retired psychiatrist who thinks applied kinesiology (AK) is a perfect lie detector in the hands of someone like himself who calibrates his own level of consciousness as just below god or some such thing."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2010 01:30PM by The Anticult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Arthur Ray - David R. Hawkins, Sedona Az, is he God too?
Date: March 19, 2010 01:46PM

What rating did on his bogus "consciousness scale" did David R. Hawkins give to James Ray? [www.spiritualteachers.org]
The technical term for this guy is whack-job Megalomaniac.

Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: Penelope ()
Date: March 19, 2010 02:47PM

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: March 19, 2010 05:38PM

Regarding Castaneda's teaching about the leap into space in order to find out if you can fly-- to a rational person, reading a book in his armchair, this is a metaphor and a spur to break free from habitual thought patterns. In 'new-age and motivational-speak' this is 'moving out of your comfort zone' or 'blue sky thinking.'

Death Ray and his ilk, however, deliberately confuse the boundary between metaphor and the literal sense. His whole performance is geared to a gradual erosion of those boundaries in his customers, in order to keep selling them stuff.

In an altered state, a person is no longer able to distinguish what is reality: the mundane everyday way of thinking that is our comfort zone where the danger of leaping off a cliff is obvious, or the new compelling visions of the metaphorical world that arise in the brain and give us the conviction that we can fly. It is always the mind that soars like an eagle while the body, this coarse flesh, never leaves the ground.

Altered states are intensely compelling, usually more really real than the mundane reality we have grown slightly bored with. They are constructed from ideas, thoughts, dreams and beliefs already present in the person's mind.
This dream of flying is present in everyone, in acid circles it was very common for those in an altered state to attempt to fly from a handy window, fully believing, like Icarus, that they would catch a thermal and then land safely. There was always a sober person in attendance to watch for signs of this.

Death Ray and his ilk knowingly and deliberately use every technique available to engineer these altered states in his unknowing customers, as Anticult has outlined, and then turn them loose, abandoned, in a strange place without any of the supportive accoutrements of normal identity.

I am astonished that there haven't been more reports of these 'tragic accidents,' there are so many irresponsible charlatans trying their hand at this potentially lethal sales system. Of course the problem with altered states is that, due to the nature of the mind they often re-manifest unexpectedly at a later date and the person has no conscious control over this manifestation.

Most of these charlatans bank on any fatalities happening after the event, not during it, when enough time has passed to give the manipulator a reasonable shot at deniability.

Kurek Ashley "fire can't burn fire", another James Arthur Ray
Date: March 19, 2010 11:04PM

There is another James Arthur Ray in the making, named Kurek Ashley. Another Tony Robbins clone.
And Kurek Ashley claims he can teach people to elevate their "frequency", and not get burned by fire on human skin?
Like James Ray in his deathlodge? Where people die, and have permanent organ damage for life?
People get their feet terribly burned in firewalks all the time, like at previous James Ray events.
Where is the waiver/release that Kurek Ashley would make people sign, that documents how people get burned in the firewalks?

Kurek Ashley needs to go on live TV, and elevate his frequency, and then walk over a HOT GRILL. Of course he would never do this, as he knows he would end up in the emergency ward, or worse.
If he really was a former stuntman, he knows the risks, like people GETTING KILLED AND INJURED FOR LIFE, which makes him another James Arthur Ray in the making.

Look at his website image, BLINDFOLDED PEOPLE BLINDLY FOLLOWING HIM IN A LINE. Not too subtle imagery asshole. [www.kurekashley.com]

Worse, his book is called "How Would Love Respond?" to target the softer-demographic of those who are love-starved. evil.

He even copied the dangerous seminar antics like James Ray, like arrow breaks against your throat? Glass walks?

"Fear into Performance
Learn how to face your greatest fears and turn your obstacles into outcomes. Overcome limiting beliefs and barriers stopping you in life. This topic is great with a Firewalk, Arrow Break or Glass Walk."

__________quote_______________
[www.kurekashley.com]
"The firewalking is the most controversial element of Ashley's teaching. He says firewalking is about tapping into "dormant resources" and elevating "the frequency of your energy to that of the fire — fire can't burn fire".

However, all the scientific studies of walking on hot coals suggest that firewalking is possible because wood and coal are poor heat conductors — a coal can glow bright red below, but those walking quickly across the ashy surface of a properly raked and prepared pit will feel no more sting than on a very hot beach.

"That's not true," insists Ashley. "Natalie and I have done the Tibetan firewalk, where there are flames coming through the coals. It's hot. There's no trick." So you could walk across a hot grill? Absolutely, he says, "but you need to have a purpose for doing so."

Seminar Topics
Kurek's topics are diverse and aimed at creating success in all areas of your personal and professional. If you have a specific theme or outcome set for your conference already, Kurek will custom tailor your seminar session to fit in with this.

Below is a list of topics you might want to choose from or consider for added value to your conference...

Emotional State Management and Attitude
Learn the importance of creating consistent positive winning thoughts and how to be in total control of your emotions and attitude.

The Comfort Zone
Discover the unknown rewards and benefits by stepping outside of your comfort zone. Remember there is no compensation for playing it safe!

Goal Setting & Achieving
Learn how to set your most ultimate goals and develop a step by step plan of achieving them. Discover the importance behind the journey of getting to your goals and your purpose for having each goal.

Peak Performance & Self Mastery
Learn to live your life with maximum energy and play full out. Create a desire for being a champion in all areas of your life.

Health & Fitness Well-Being
Create a healthy mind, body and soul through common sense exercise and eating regimes. Learn how to be in total control of your health inside and outside.

Self Esteem & Confidence
Learn how to develop charisma and self worth in yourself. Learn how to be confident and certain in any situation

Creating a Super Sales Force
Learn how to increase your teams sales and attitude. Give your team the competitive edge and get them performing above the line

Creating Loyal Customers
Learn how to serve your customer right and create a loyal customer in them forever. Turn your good customers into loyal customers.

Team Synergy
Create tightly bonded teams operating at peak performance levels

Fear into Performance
Learn how to face your greatest fears and turn your obstacles into outcomes. Overcome limiting beliefs and barriers stopping you in life. This topic is great with a Firewalk, Arrow Break or Glass Walk.

Financial Wealth & Abundance
Create your plan to financial freedom and learn how to holistically achieve success. Learn how to feel enRICHed in all areas of your life.

Posted by: Cosmic Connie ()
Date: March 19, 2010 11:21PM

How can anyone question Dr. Hawkins' credibility when he has been endorsed by Joe "Mr. Fire" Vitale? [sarcasm font implied :-)]

[cosmicconnie.blogspot.com]

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: March 19, 2010 11:38PM

"Regarding Castaneda's teaching about the leap into space in order to find out if you can fly-- to a rational person, reading a book in his armchair, this is a metaphor and a spur to break free from habitual thought patterns."

-While I would agree with most of your post, I can't agree with this. MOST Castaneda readers did not view this as "metaphor" but truly believed that "Don Juan can fly... and if he can fly, so can I! I just need to open my doors of perception more". To this day, Random House markets these books as religion and non-fiction, rather than fiction. Which they are. Rational people, in general, aren't reading Castaneda other than to poke holes in it.

"Death Ray and his ilk, however, deliberately confuse the boundary between metaphor and the literal sense."

-As did Castaneda.

"....This dream of flying is present in everyone, in acid circles it was very common for those in an altered state to attempt to fly from a handy window, fully believing, like Icarus, that they would catch a thermal and then land safely. There was always a sober person in attendance to watch for signs of this"

-"There was always a sober person in attendance?" Really? That is a little bit of "rose-colored glasses" to apply to the sixties and the acid scene, don't you think?

Date: March 20, 2010 12:15AM

New witness statement uploaded on Tom McFeeley's site:

[tommcfeeley.com]

James Arthur Ray - Joe "Mr. Fire" Vitale, worst book in human history?
Date: March 20, 2010 12:20AM

The question is, is there anyone on the face of planet earth whom the fake NOT-Dr. Joe "Mr. Fire" Vitale DOESN'T endorse?

Vitale has accomplished one thing at least, he's written perhaps the WORST "book" in world history.

Ho'oponopono "Dr." Joe Vitale -one of the worst books in world history,
Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
by Joe Vitale and Ihaleakala Hew Len [forum.culteducation.com]

Cosmic Connie
How can anyone question Dr. Hawkins' credibility when he has been endorsed by Joe "Mr. Fire" Vitale? [sarcasm font implied :-)]

[cosmicconnie.blogspot.com]

Date: March 20, 2010 12:46AM

'-While I would agree with most of your post, I can't agree with this. MOST Castaneda readers did not view this as "metaphor" but truly believed that "Don Juan can fly... and if he can fly, so can I! I just need to open my doors of perception more".'

So, disagree. I wasn't speaking on behalf of the True Believers but as a reader myself who is aware that on opening any book I am involving myself in a willing suspension of belief in order to enter the world that the author has created.
Movie-goers do the same thing.
Few adults watch the Superman movie and then believe that they can also fly.
That does not mean that I am immune from being conned or sometimes take a fiction to be the truth.

Similarly regarding the acid circles of the sixties, I was writing from my own experience where I was always the sober person in attendance as I had a condition that did not mix well with psychedelic drugs. I did not attend any of these events where I was not sober so cannot speak of those.
I do not speak for every acid trip taken at that time and it is ludicrous to assume that I am attempting to make such a sweeping generalisation.

Assumptions and sweeping generalisations are the stock-in-trade of manipulators and con-men. Castaneda discovered this and clearly worked on the irrational assumptions and generalisations of his followers to perpetuate his con.

Current Page: 87 of 155

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.