Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 10, 2010 10:47PM

Shouldnt someone talk to the DA about this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Arthur Ray - Kali
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:19PM

God job picking up on the details outside of normal awareness. That is how this level of persuasion operates, they often use METAPHORS, either inside their language, or in actual visual images.
Most of the Gurus followers just listen to the Stories coming out of the Gurus mouth on a superficial, the "content", and don't think about the meta-content. The metaphors inside the language, the persuasion patterns and techniques, the visual imagery.

The first thing that comes to mind with Kali and Death-Ray, is that if he is going to go down, he is not going alone, and will take down and destroy those around him.
As in...
...I am Death-Ray-Kali, I made my senior followers, and I will take them down with me, if they don't play-ball and tell the Story the way I tell them to....

Jeannika
Lastly, did anyone noticed the statue sitting behind James in his most recent "I gott'a passion to help and provide value" video? Kali.

I find it interesting and disturbing ~ that of all the Hindu gods and goddesses to pick from, he choose the one most closely associated with death and violence.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: April 11, 2010 03:48AM

The statue looks to me like 'Nataraj Shiva', Lord Shiva as lord of the dance, and is a common touristy representation.
[www.gangesindia.com]

Kali is an aspect of Mother goddess (nature, in pantheism) in Hinduism and has both creative and destructive elements. Devotees of Kali are enjoined to simplicity and purity as they are very well aware of the destructive powers that Kali represents. I seriously doubt that JAR is a devotee, he has ignored this most obvious fearful aspect which usually has the effect of bringing the devotee to an understanding of and reverence for the sanctity of all life.

That said, I think that Death Ray is eclectic enough in his thefts from other cultures, all in order to con and manipulate his customers, to steal and use the frightening aspects of tantra if it would increase his income.

I don't think that this (my explanation) detracts from the reality of what he is trying to do, which is to sway public opinion to his side in order to beat this rap and carry on with his very dangerous practices.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2010 04:03AM by Stoic.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 11, 2010 10:52PM

If some JRay supporter claims he's honoring the Feminine, demand to know why he didnt select a different signifier, such as Saraswati, Goddess of Beauty, Music and Learning?

She is honored by dancers and musicians.

It makes no sense to venerate Kali unless you are also honoring a principle that balances Kali, such as Saraswati.

Learning and the arts are the first casualties of destruction.

If JRay were candid, he'd have an image of Lakshmi, Goddess of Power and Wealth.

So its interesting indeed that out of this plethora of divine imagry, he reportedly selected Kali in the background.

Shiva Nataraj is a tricky deity. It is said that he will do the tandava, the dance that ushers in the destruction of the age.

There is a myth that Shivas early wife, Sati was enraged and heartbroken because her father refused to invite Shiva to an important ritual. Sati committed suicide.

In rage and grief, so the story goes, Shiva arrived in fury, picked up his beloved dead wife's body, and started to dance the first steps of the dance of destruction that would
destroy all--including Shiva himself, and all the other gods and goddesses.

In terror, the gods and goddesses, beholding the first stages of their own impending
demise, persuaded Vishnu to find a way to stop the impending catastrophe.

Vishnu threw a thunderbolt that caused Satis body to fly into many parts. Each part,
which fell on a particular area because a region or city, sacred to Shiva.

Thus distracted, Shiva stopped his dance and the cosmos was preserved.

So...if we can be alert and act quickly enough, perhaps, perhaps this modern dance of destruction will cease and peace and justice reign through out the land.

[www.suite101.com]

In this case we need to activate Vishnu the preserver of order---call the judge and DA for heavens sake!

And activate the Goddess Themis, Jusice, with her scale of balance and her sword which cuts through distraction and illusion and parts the veil of ignorance so that the facts may be revealed to those who need to know...

We citizens, who need to know.

Posted by: jeand ()
Date: April 12, 2010 01:14AM

On a radio interview on newsforthesoul.com (the one about Ayahuasca and trip to Egypt to the pyramids) Ray alludes to his "experiences" with Kali. He mentioned how she was "alive" for him and didn't go into detail, but he seemed to completely relate to her death and destruction representation.

Date: April 12, 2010 06:16AM

Two months ago I wrote to the San Diego DA asking that the death of Colleen be looked at again in the light of the subsequent sweat-tent deaths. I got the following reply yesterday:

"If you believe a crime has been committed, you should report it to law enforcement in the jurisdiction where it occurred, in this case San Diego County Sheriff’s Department or San Diego Police Department.
Best,
Steve Walker
Deputy Communications Director
San Diego County District Attorney "

so will be forwarding my letter to the San Diego PD as recommended.

With regard to JAR and Kali being 'alive' for him, I am really glad to hear that. It means that he knows he is doomed to failure and destruction. The only question is whether he takes any more victims down with him while awaiting his inevitable destruction.

Kali worship is a valid, if minority, spiritual path in the Hindu tradition. In that context it is neither evil nor a death cult, but a way for humans with their limited understanding to come to terms with the creative and destructive forces of nature and with the inevitable passing of their own human life. It is a transgressive path in that it leads to the questioning of social conventions and accepted modes of conditioned living but it does not sanction the killing of others for the devotees personal enrichment.
Death Ray is using the idea of Kali the destroyer to excuse his own psychopathic motivations. This has a similarity to the tweets he has made which position himself as a primordial force of the universe which is beyond judgement, therefore all actions flowing from himself --including the deaths he has caused in order to enrich himself--can only be construed as 'good'

If anyone buys that then I have several London bridges that I can do them a nice deal on.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2010 06:19AM by Stoic.

Posted by: Yakaru ()
Date: April 12, 2010 04:37PM

After several letters and a few calls to different departments and a few "Thank you for your concern" answers, I finally got referred to the SD homicide division. +619 531 2293. From there they gave me the extension name and ph no. of a detective who was so far always out when I called. (He's got an answering machine but seeing as I'm in Germany and it's all a bit complicated, I don't leave a message.)

I think it's worth continuing to try, and I know that many others have contacted them as well, including a former JRI employee whose letter got sent on to the coroners office. Det. Diskin in Arizona also mentioned in one of the transcripts that many people have contacted him too, maybe after the TV coverage.

It's an absurd situation. JRI takes money from Colleen for future events, with the promise of helping her plan her future, then they kill her, then leave the cops with the impression that she took her own life because she didn't want to live anymore.

Date: April 12, 2010 08:48PM

Here is the page for the San Diego homicide team, with contact details if anyone wants to send a few thoughts:

[www.sandiego.gov]

There is an email address for the cold case team who deal with unsolved homicides halfway down the page.

Re: James Arthur Ray -
Date: April 13, 2010 04:51AM

Any "seminar" which repeatedly has people getting seriously injured, people getting scammed, and where people are dying needs to be investigated. That is what those authorities are there for, to protect the public.
In Arizona, people died during a James Ray "seminar" so the authorities appear to be looking at the pattern of injuries and brought up the death of Colleen Conaway previously at another seminar.

So why doesn't San Diego also look into the pattern of injuries and the death of Colleen Conaway at the James Ray seminar in their jurisdiction?

What about conducting reckless seminars where there is a pattern of gross and deliberate negligence?
What about the type of "cover-up" where everyone pretends they don't know anything after someone dies during their seminar?

Public, and media pressure might spark a re-investigation, or even local political pressure.
For any media in the San Diego jurisdiction, one would think someone there would want to make sure the public is protected?

Re: James Arthur Ray - Oprah Kitty Kelley
Date: April 14, 2010 01:40AM

There is a Kitty Kelley book out on Oprah, with apparently some salacious details.
But some interesting quotes from the book, are that apparently Oprah exaggerated and fabricated her "Stories" from her past for marketing purposes. (sounds like Oprah has done a Byron Katie on her past Stories.)
And there are quotes that former staffers say her production company is run like a cult.

There has to be some fire with that smoke, when one looks at how Oprah has literally repeatedly shilled for blatant scammers like James Arthur Ray, and made him famous, with absolutely zero critical analysis whatsoever. Not one single critical question was ever asked of James Ray, or various other LGAT and cultish folks she's promoted, like The Secret, and many others.
Even when on her own Oprah message boards there were serious complaints posted. They just ignore them, or delete them.

James Randi described how Oprah's producers totally sandbagged him.
An Oprah Fiasco [www.randi.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.