Re: James Arthur Ray - breach of contract, consumer fraud, FTC
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 07, 2010 06:35AM

James Ray, and others LGAT leaders, try to lead people into extreme beliefs and then extreme behaviors.
So to say, Balance is Bogus, is going after the idea of having a balanced life, right from the beginning.

Very soon, he grooms people in his seminars to RISK EVERYTHING for James Ray.
They risk ALL their money, and spend everything they can borrow, and give it to James Ray.
He even gets them to risk their lives in the desert.

For example, there are survival manuals for military people, who say very clearly that surviving in the desert heat without water, is 1-2 days, and that is only moving at night.
[Survival without water: 120F - in shade 2.5 days, walking at night 1 day]
They know you are dead within a day or two without water in the desert heat. (its longer in lower temps).

So James Ray has groomed his followers into extreme life-risking belief systems.
And of course, giving every dollar you can borrow in the world to James Ray, is very extreme as well.
So James Ray is pushing people away from healthy beliefs, into extreme dangerous beliefs, for the benefit of James Ray.
Ray didn't risk his life in the desert, he was at the hotel, eating, drinking, napping.

So Balance is Bogus is meant to start to push people OFF balance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Arthur Ray - breach of contract, consumer fraud, FTC
Posted by: wondriwhy ()
Date: April 07, 2010 06:49AM

Anticult..I do see what you mean..That is basically his first premise to lead his followers down his nasty "garden path".

Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: Penelope ()
Date: April 07, 2010 07:56AM

"Balance is bogus! It's all about Harmonic Wealth!"

harmony
Function: noun
Meaning: 1 a balanced, pleasing, or suitable arrangement of parts <her face had an angelic harmony that fascinated the leading painters of her day>
Synonyms: balance, coherence, consonance, proportion, symmetry, symphony, unity
They're synonyms, for goodness sakes! Unreal.

HARMONY, NOT BALANCE!

True Happiness: It's not about balance; it's about harmony.
Balance is bogus says Modern-day Socrates.

"Balance" is the buzz word these days. Everywhere, people are being told that in order to be content, they must balance their work lives, family lives, spirituality, health, and mind.

James Arthur Ray disagrees.

As one of the few spiritual teachers who has achieved top honors in the business world as a thriving entrepreneur, Ray contends that true wealth is only attainable when you find harmony in all areas of your life.
[www.worldpuja.org]

Posted by: Jeannika ()
Date: April 07, 2010 09:08AM

Dear all ... thanks for the kind words ... the dogs (and the husband) are all on the mend and doing much better. The stiches come out next week. Jeannika
--------------------------------------------------

I received two (2) emails from James Ray today. The first announcing an other of his "FREE" YOUtube videos, the second promoting a "Great Value" (I do wish he'd stop touting stuff to buy as GREAT VALUE) from his dear friend Bob Proctor. I had thought Mr Proctor was distancing himself from Mr Ray.

I don't know, but it sounds like Mr Ray expects to be helping Mr Proctor teach the event (schedule permitting - WHAT SCHEDULE?) Sort'a Kind'a makes me wonder if he's actually scheduled to teach at Proctor's two day event, or just really really wants to.

I've taken the liberty of posting the second email below.

---------------------------------------------------

<jamesray@jamesray.com>
toJeannika

dateTue, Apr 6, 2010 at 5:14 PM
subjectA great opportunity is almost gone
mailed-byicpbounce.com
signed-byicontact.com
Images from this sender are always displayed. Don't display from now on.
hide details 5:14 PM (24 minutes ago)

I know this is my second email to you today, but an early mentor, and dear friend of mine Bob Proctor, has a new program called Six Minutes to Success. He is doing a $1 trial for 30 days.

I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU to give this program a test run:
[sixminutes.infusionsoft.com]

I give it my HIGHEST POSSIBLE recommendation.

Because I know Bob, I know his material, I promise he’ll do you totally right ... and I know you'll be thrilled out of your mind :)

Just click here for this great opportunity:

Much love and respect,
James Arthur Ray? (Why the question mark??? I don't get it.)

P.S. Bob is closing this offer at midnight tonight. It is a GREAT value. I vouch for it 100%.

P.P.S. Included with this program is a Live 2 day event for Six Minutes member only. Schedule permitting, I’ll be helping him teach the live event ...so make sure you come and hang out!

----------------------------------------------------

Jeannika

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2010 09:10AM by Jeannika.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 07, 2010 10:55AM

This was posted in the comments section next door at Saltydroid's 'hood.

[www.serpentine.org.uk]

Hydration – Water, the Forgotten Nutrient

By Christina Robilliard

The human body is composed of 25% solid matter, and 75% water.
Your bones are are a quarter water. The muscles that drive your performance are three quarters water. If you dehydrate a muscle by only 3% you cause about a 10% loss of contractile strength, and 8% loss of speed. The truth is dehydration amongst athletes goes unrecognised and unacknowledged, even though the effects of dehydration during physical exercise have been well documented. A new paradigm has been presented regarding the function and role of water in human biochemistry. It is now generally believed that it is the water in our bodies that regulates all functions of the body, including the activity of all the solutes that are dissolved in it. This is contrary to the previously held belief that the solute composition is the governing factor of all biological functions of the body, i.e. the water is just the packing material. Life on earth could not exist without its unique physical, chemical and electrical qualities. Why then if water covers 70% of the planet and makes up 70% of our bodies, is chronic dehydration pandemic? Perhaps it is due to its abundance that we take it so much for granted. The most elaborate dietary regimes and costly nutritional supplementation can only work if a person is well hydrated.

When you become dehydrated a cascade of chemical events take place. Your body naturally begins to increase production of histamine. Histamine is present in all body tissues and produced by the mast cells found in connective tissue. Not only is histamine a mediator in inflammation, but it acts as a neurotransmitter, directing and operating the subordinate systems that promote water distribution to various tissues and organs. These subordinate systems involve the action of the hormones vasopressin and renin-angiotensin, as well as prostaglandins and kinins. When levels become excessively active the mucus membranes of the lungs, for example, can become irritated and in time the muscles and tissues that make up the breathing mechanism can go into spasm, resulting in severe breathing problems and at worse asthma . This in addition to long term damage to the immune system is bad news indeed for the athlete.

When the core temperature rises while training the blood that would otherwise be available for the muscles is used for cooling via respiration and perspiration. The body will do this automatically as temperature moves out of the preferred narrow range. It is this loss of water that ultimately impairs physical performance and interferes with normal cognitive function. Intense exercise can increase heat production in muscles 20 fold. Don't be fooled by lack of thirst and not feeling thirsty. These sensors are inhibited by strenuous exercise.

Fluid replacement is a much misunderstood and frequently misguided aspect of nutrition and performance. Here are some guidelines:

Prehydrate – By drinking extra water for the 2 days preceding the event and continue up to 20 minutes before the start. Your stomach requires that much time to empty. Carbo loading will increase your water loading yield. In order to store each gram of glycogen, the body has to store 2.7gms of water. It is possible to consider yourself optimally hydrated when you urinate frequently and your urine is clear.

During performance take all the plain water you can get. This is particularly important for events of 30 minutes and over. Ideally water intake should match sweat loss and a prehydrated athlete has more water to spare, meaning better times and improved recovery. Cold water leaves the stomach far more quickly than room temperature water. Sip, don't gulp and stay away from the carbonated drinks that slow absorption. The single most important factor that affects the rate of water emptying is its glucose content. The more glucose present, the slower the gastric emptying time. This includes commercial sports drinks containing high levels of simple sugar – don't be fooled by the false feeling of increased energy.

For events of 1.5 to 2 hours or longer some additional glucose and electrolyte support may be beneficial. Fructose is the preferred choice as it doesn't stimulate insulin release like glucose does, and also replaces liver glycogen better.

Rehydrate – With plain, cold water, sipped, not gulped. Avoid everything in the goody bag until you are at least four glasses ahead, to avoid cramps and possible nausea. Continue to drink extra for the following 12 – 36 hours. To establish when hydration has been adequately recovered, you should weigh yourself prior to training or competing and again afterwards, ensuring you have drunk the equivalent amount of water lost. As a rough guide 1 pint of water equals 1 pound of lost weight. If you calculate water loss as a percentage of body weight, losing more than 1% of bodyweight can have serious consequences. The major electrolytes lost during exercise in sweat can be found in fresh fruit and vegetables, (including salt). Ensure you diet contains plenty of these.

The message is use water for what it is, the main component of your body and keep it as pure as possible, either bottled or filtered. Drink small regular amounts frequently. Drink your water fridge temperature. Do not rely on the thirst mechanism. Rehydrate using the one pint to one pound principle. Consider electrolyte replacement when exercise exceeds 1.5 hours. Carbohydrates store water – carbo load 6 days prior to competition. Keep dietary intake of fresh fruit and vegetables high. Where indicated appropriate testing of mineral levels can be carried out by a registered nutritional therapist.

Christina Robilliard is a former member of the Serpentine Running Club, and a registered nutritional therapist.

Contact details

A google search for desert survival

[www.google.com]

James Arthur Ray - consumer fraud, Federal Trade Commission FTC
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 07, 2010 01:17PM

Jeannika
I received two (2) emails from James Ray today. The first announcing an other of his "FREE" YOUtube videos, the second promoting a "Great Value" (I do wish he'd stop touting stuff to buy as GREAT VALUE) from his dear friend Bob Proctor. I had thought Mr Proctor was distancing himself from Mr Ray. --

Its no wonder people are going after James Ray for CONSUMER FRAUD.
The FTC should be notified of what is happening immediately.

James Arthur Ray - breach of contract, consumer fraud, FTC [forum.culteducation.com]

Are the marketing emails coming from James Ray International too?
Why is James Ray sending out marketing spam, while refusing to respond to any of his former customers who are trying to get their money back, after getting ripped-off and scammed by James Ray International?

James Ray sends out stupid tweets all day about his BS and distortions about his perverted concepts of "God" meanwhile his former customers have been ripped off by him for tens of thousands.

On one hand James Ray is claiming his company doesn't exist. On the other hand, he is continuing to spam his mailing lists with marketing.
At the same time, people paid for seminars that were cancelled, and never got their money back, and at the same time he's trying to collect more money.

One hopes those who have been scammed will immediately file complaints with the FTC as well, and perhaps the FTC Federal Trade Commission will investigate. If people have been scammed, maybe the FTC can get their money back by forcing a settlement, its happened many times before. If a person has been scammed, maybe the FTC can investigate the complaint.
[forum.culteducation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2010 01:21PM by The Anticult.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: April 07, 2010 03:48PM

Bob Proctor knows that Death Ray still has an extensive list of customers who have bought at least half-way into the James Ray worldview. I am sure that Death Ray has many offers right now to exploit that list on behalf of others--who will be aware that JAR is currently limited in the scope of his exploitation.

They will also be aware that if JAR loses at his trial and his activities are curtailed for some time, then his customers, already with an aquired taste for the kool-aid, are up for grabs.

The $1 'free trial' offer is the teaser for a continuity programme and JAR is hawking this to his list as an affiliate. Takers will be signed up to a membership, automatically paid monthly by credit card, and JAR will get at least 50% of the revenue generated by the continuing monthly fees.

So JAR is hoping to generate continuing income from his customers and Bob Proctor has his eye on the long-term aquisition of JARs list.
This is business, folks, and there is no conscience in these business circles. The best you can say is that at least Proctor has not yet killed any of his customers, he just fleeces them unmercifully, so they may be marginally safer in his hands than in Death Ray's.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 09, 2010 12:50AM

bump

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: April 10, 2010 03:57PM

Another article on the class action suit filed against James Ray for fraud (N.B. there is a vid of JAR posted beneath the article where he is touting his mentorship. This starts to play automatically so scroll down first to silence it if you don't want to listen to his manipulative spiel) :

[azstarnet.com]

and courtesy of the Salty Droid blog, [saltydroid.info] the text of the filing:

[saltydroid.info]

I am still getting email notifications from YCSO of documents relating to the JAR trial released by the Arizona court but they are no longer (since 2.4.10) being uploaded to the public access site for viewing. I'm not sure if this is a result of the gag order or if there is a glitch in the system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2010 04:11PM by Stoic.

Posted by: Jeannika ()
Date: April 10, 2010 10:31PM

Stoic
I am still getting email notifications from YCSO of documents relating to the JAR trial released by the Arizona court but they are no longer (since 2.4.10) being uploaded to the public access site for viewing. I'm not sure if this is a result of the gag order or if there is a glitch in the system.

Stoic, there's no glitch in the system. Yavapai County's Superior Court - High Profile Cases web page, has been posting a whole lot of document notifications for "State of Arizona vs Steven Carroll Democker". (apparently a high profile murder case) If you scroll down below JAR's documents you'll find the documents related to Steven Carroll Democker.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As you know, James posted Video #3 - Mentor.

JAR's been getting a lot of negative feedback on YOUtube, along with a surprising amount of good. I assume the bad reviews are one of the reasons why, he recently been posting direct links to various non-YOUtube sites, (including his website) which don't allow comments. I've also noticed that he's begun (video spaming - is there such a thing?) posting all sorts of "free" JAR videos all over the web.

Oh, I got an email the other day stating James is getting ready to start broadcasting regularly via a live "interactive" Internet radio show called "Living in the Flow". I wonder how well that's going to go? I doubt if any real interaction will take place.

Lastly, did anyone noticed the statue sitting behind James in his most recent "I gott'a passion to help and provide value" video? Kali.

I find it interesting and disturbing ~ that of all the Hindu gods and goddesses to pick from, he choose the one most closely associated with death and violence.

Jeannika

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.