Re: James Arthur Ray - Eldon Taylor (Author)
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 20, 2010 02:24AM

Mind Programming: From Persuasion and Brainwashing, to Self-Help and Practical Metaphysics
Eldon Taylor (Author) [www.amazon.com]

Have not read this, will see if the library has it, but it looks very very dubious, to say the least.
Looking at the table of contents, he appears to rehash the standard material.
Then moves into saying that he's into "positive persuasion" and subliminals. (which is mainly a bunch of hocus-pocus). [www.skepdic.com]

Then of course, the upsell to buy his subliminal products/CD's/books to get rich and happy instantly without effort.
Same pattern.

But why not research the book right here.
Is he a real "Dr." or some fake metaphysics New Thought "Dr."?
Does he give references in the book to academic sources? Or just act like its all his content?

This at best is a very very light rehash treatment, with a New Agey twist. Certainly not something worth buying, but if the library happens to have it, it might be worth a look.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Arthur Ray - Prosecution narrows case
Posted by: Yakaru ()
Date: October 25, 2010 09:35PM

A few days ago the yavapai Court recorded a notice from the prosecutors that the evidence presented to the court would exclude evidence from "non-sweat lodge events". This no doubt makes for a stronger, more focused case, but it also means that the death of Colleen Conaway will simply never be discussed in a court of law.

Of course it is peripheral to this particular and no doubt ran the risk of either being excluded from evidence by the court itself, or of being played up by Ray's lawyers as an attempt to smear their client. The facts were unfortunately never established by the SD police, and are therefore liable to be twisted by Ray and his utterly despicable henchpeople, Megan Fredrickson, Michele Goulet, Greg Hartle and the others complicit in the (unprosecuted) crime.

[apps.supremecourt.az.gov]

Re: James Arthur Ray - Prosecution narrows case
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: November 11, 2010 09:24PM

Testimony in evidentiary hearing resumes:

[ktar.com]

Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: alyb45 ()
Date: November 13, 2010 04:01PM

The 2 deaths are sad and display the dangers of new age and law of attraction.
In my opinion, James Arthur Ray taught them to not have negative thoughts so when they were getting sick from the heat they didn't speak up because they figured "my thoughts can control this and if I think positive thoughts nothing bad will happen to me."
Well something bad did happen. Negative thoughts and bodily reactions are there for a reason...to let us know something is wrong and to protect us from harm.
Sorry but you just' can't deny logic and how the body works. Often a negative physical response is an indicator something is wrong in your system.
This is why James Arthur Ray annoys me. He teaches insanity...not logic.

James Arthur Ray - Dr. Oz, Oprah, James Randi, John Of God, scam
Date: November 18, 2010 05:17AM

This thread has some links to John Of God. [www.skepdic.com]

Oprah is now shilling for John of God, the brazen scam-artist and con-artist.
Perpetrating lies on her show, that he doesn't charge, which is false, as people are "donating" millions.
She is talking about millions of people going to him?
Oprah magazine is promoting this. Now desperate people with medical problems are going to run to this scam, and get taken advantage of, again.

Oprah's FAKE so-called journalist producer, wrote a book and is personally promoting John of God, and is talking about him like a cult Guru.
This is so far over the line, its shocking they can get away with it. In shock.

Oprah promoted James Arthur Ray, and people are dead.

Now she is promoting John of God to her viewers and general public on network TV. [www.skepdic.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2010 05:22AM by The Anticult.

Re: James Arthur Ray - Dr. Oz, Oprah, James Randi, John Of God, scam
Date: November 18, 2010 05:33AM

This is beyond sickening. Are they really going to get away with it?

She even brings on another John Of God's naive follower or shill, psychiatrist Dr. Jeffrey Rediger.

Leap of Faith: Meet John of God
By Susan Casey
O, The Oprah Magazine | November 17, 2010 [www.oprah.com]

Date: November 18, 2010 05:37AM

They are condoning an illegal unlicensed anti-medical quack, cutting people open with knives, and claiming there are no infections. They are laughing about it.
They are also promoting the stupid discredited nasal probe.

Psychiatrist Dr. Jeffrey Rediger should be reported to the licensing authorities for doing this.
This is going to end very badly.

Date: November 18, 2010 06:00AM

Now they are hinting, claiming, suggesting John of God can cure cancer.
One lady is not "cured" of cancer and she is blaming herself for not believing hard enough. Its a madhouse.

They are showing John of God sticking his bare fingers into a cut body, and pulling out a "tumor". This is the Philippine psychic surgery scam, except this guy actually cuts you open. In a dirty room.

John Of God, is an organized multimillion dollar offshore heist, to take advantage of desperate people who are sick.
Cue Charlton Heston screaming..."It's a mad house! A mad house!"

Not one skeptic or critic was allowed on the Oprah TV show. Not one.
May Oprah go down there, and get a taste of her own bad medicine.

Date: November 18, 2010 10:36AM

The Anticult:
funny you mention Oprah today.
I saw her episode today with John of God and had to turn off the TV. I was getting really disgusted with it.
She seems to give some of the worst scam artists platforms. She turns people on based on stirring emotions and uses the title "do you believe in miracles?".
I believe in a scam...how about that? All these new age scam artists get validity with her show.
I used to like her show but stuff like this is just annoying.

Date: November 18, 2010 10:38AM

by the way...anyone attaching his name to "God" raises a red flag in my opinion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.