Re: James Arthur Ray - Jennifer Horton, internet coaching sham
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: June 19, 2010 03:46AM

The website being promoted by James Ray in his email to sell his "online coaching" sham is called:

www.liferesultsnow.com

The WHOIS for that website is hidden behind a company called www.domainsbyproxy.com
It was registered in Jan 2010.
So this "coaching company" being promoted by James Ray and apparently Jennifer Horton, is owned by some "mystery" person and concealed.

------------------------------------
Whois: "Domains by Proxy, Inc." owns about 609 other domains

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
########
Scottsdale, Arizona
United States

Domain Name: LIFERESULTSNOW.COM
Created on: 24-Jan-10
Expires on: 24-Jan-12
Last Updated on: 21-May-10
---------------------------------------------------
www.domainsbyproxy.com/popup/subpoenapolicies.aspx
Domains By Proxy
Civil Subpoena Policy
Domains By Proxy Civil Subpoena Policy

Domains By Proxy's Privacy Policy prohibits the release of customer or account information without express permission from the customer, except when required by law, to conform to the edicts of the law, or to comply with legal process properly served on Domains By Proxy or one of its affiliates.

If you seek the identity or account information of a Domains By Proxy customer in connection with a civil legal matter, you must fax, mail, or serve Domains By Proxy with a valid subpoena.
----------------------------------------------------------

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: James Arthur Ray - Jennifer Horton, internet coaching sham
Posted by: BLFB112761 ()
Date: June 20, 2010 12:10AM

I did a Google search for "Jennifer Horton James Ray" and was led to this advertisement on Facebook: "You are invited to the first ever Harmonic Wealth teleconference with Harmonic Wealth Coach Jennifer Horton designed to help you revise, review and refresh your 2010 Goals! Are you on track? [www.facebook.com];.

The teleconference took place on June 3rd.

What I'm wondering is, out of all of JAR's "coaches," why has this one taken center stage?

Re: James Arthur Ray - 2 die at Arizona retreat's sweat lodge
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: June 28, 2010 07:35PM

This news has already been posted elsewhere, just adding it to this thread for those interested:

'At 10 p.m. (Eastern) next Tuesday, June 29, ABC will air an hour-long special devoted entirely to James Arthur Ray, magical thinking, and the oft-overlooked dangers of the New Age.'

Date: June 30, 2010 04:13AM

An ABC news trailer for the above show. At the beginning is a clip of the reporter, Dan Harris, calling into 'Living in the Flow' Ray's new internet radio show. Not surprisingly, DeathRay hangs up on him pronto.

[abcnews.go.com]

Beckwith, the witness of spontaneous cancer and kidney disease cures, also features along Greg Braden with his 3 minute cancer cure con, previously mentioned.

Posted by: Yakaru ()
Date: June 30, 2010 04:43AM

Here's a fine demolishion of Greggggg Braden's book "Zero Point" by Richard Rockley, who runs the Skeptico blog.

He does a good job of showing the way Braden uses scientific sounding blather as a smoke screen for logical sleights of hand.

Date: June 30, 2010 08:12PM

Here's an interesting document uploaded to the Arizona court site which mentions July for the first hearing date and a possible motion on behalf of the defendant regarding 'prior bad acts'

I am not familiar with the US legal system--would this be JAR attempting to suppress mention of his own 'prior bad acts' or an attempt to smear the prosecution with alleged 'prior bad acts'?

[apps.supremecourt.az.gov]

Posted by: shakti ()
Date: June 30, 2010 11:50PM

Rick just poste this article. It always blows me away how many of these cretins have to jump into the Holocaust. In general, the Holocaust and the modern-day Darfur slaughter are offered as litmus tests for how committed these weirdoes are to the "Law of Attraction". I guess JAR fails the test....

[abcnews.go.com]

"Ray has a history of finding the unlikely bright side of tragedy -- even history's greatest tragedies.

Back in 2007, Ray tried to explain the Holocaust and 9/11 in an interview with ABC.

"I know many people, for instance, of the Jewish faith and heritage, who don't necessarily believe that the Holocaust was bad," Ray said. "Now, that might, that might be shocking to you, but I've had -- I have people on record who have said, 'Hey, there was a lot of good things that came out of that, a lot of lessons, a lot of opportunities for the world.'

"I'm suggesting to you that there's every bit as much good in 9/11 as there was bad."

Ray has attracted critics. "

And here is what Rhonda "Secret" Byrne had to say....

[www.seattlepi.com]

"Many factors came into play, including mass consciousness of the planet at the time. It is also important to remember that the Holocaust spanned some six years, and over that time the energy of the fear escalated, intensified and spread, reaching many more people. Humanity learned a lot through the Holocaust, and as a race we went from separation and closer to the concept of unity."

And Esther and Jerry Hicks ( I discourage people from using the term "Abraham-Hicks" as it linguistically lends support to their ludicrous Abraham fantasy)...

[www.culteducation.com]

"That which Jesus Christ was, Esther is now. Not Esther alone. That which Buddha was, Esther is now. That which Mohammed was, Esther is now."

"When you suggested, in Fort Collins yesterday, that if you think about a thing it will come to you whether you want it or not, and that a person draws their destiny to them; when I heard that, the words that came into my mind were: Auschwitz, Bialystock and Dachau. Are you saying that six million Jews invited extermination upon themselves?"

"We would never say they invited it wantingly or knowingly. But we unequivocally say that nothing happens to anyone without a predominant vibration that matches it." Just before Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, she says, "the people who did not want inconvenience left right away. People who are not accustomed to managing their life well, stayed."

"The poor people stayed."

"They are poor in vibration before they are poor in manifestation."

"Are you Jewish?" Jerry asks me, immediately Abraham has gone, and Esther is back.

"No."

He tells a story about how he defended a Jewish schoolfriend against a woodwork teacher, Mr Mendoza, who then smashed Jerry's term project, a birdhouse, and gave him zero out of 10.

"I told my daddy: 'I have decided to kill Mr Mendoza.' Daddy said: 'You shouldn't kill a man without letting him know why he is going to die.' So I told Mr Mendoza: 'I am planning to kill you. You failed me on woodworking. I build chicken houses. You can't flunk me on a birdhouse. That had to do with your prejudice against Jewish people.' I would give a nickel to know," Jerry adds, "was it just the Christians that were after the Jews? Were the Muslims prejudiced against them so much?"

"I think you could trace that enmity through many centuries."

"So what did they [the Jews] do to bring that on themselves, do you suppose?" asks Jerry.

"I don't believe the Jews did bring that on themselves."

"You don't?"

"No."

"Abraham," Esther says, "told us early on that the person receiving prejudice is the one who has the vibration that is attracting it. If I ever find myself feeling like a victim, things like that start happening to me."

"You say 'things like that' - the Holocaust?"

"Well, no - that's big big big big big big big. I mean, it's ... huge. Probably the most victimised I have felt was over The Secret; but every part of it that happened, I acknowledge that there was a vibrational component of it within me."

"What about the infants who were murdered in concentration camps. What had they done wrong?"

"It's not a matter of having done wrong," says Jerry.

"The behaviour of the children is like the behaviour of their parents," Esther says. "We learn our vibrations early on. That's what tribal wars are about."

Posted by: DR ()
Date: June 30, 2010 11:56PM

They can't suppress but they are entitled to know what evidence the state will present long before any hearing regarding 'prior bad acts' of Ray. This is part of an evidentiary discovery process.

Posted by: Jeannika ()
Date: July 01, 2010 01:26AM

Stoic
Here's an interesting document uploaded to the Arizona court site which mentions July for the first hearing date and a possible motion on behalf of the defendant regarding 'prior bad acts'

I am not familiar with the US legal system--would this be JAR attempting to suppress mention of his own 'prior bad acts' or an attempt to smear the prosecution with alleged 'prior bad acts'?

[apps.supremecourt.az.gov]
Rule 404(b), (mentioned during the recent pretrial conference in Yavapai) is part of the standard pretrial dance between prosecution and defence as to what's acceptable (legally) to all parties. Mr Ray will be requesting an Evidentiary Hearing regarding 404(b) Prior Bad Acts. During this hearing defence attorneys will argue Mr Ray's "prior bad acts" are irrelevant to this case and fight to block any such disclosures.

Interestingly, it appears Mr Ray's defence team has located some evidence they wish to present ("discovery issue which has arisen", and "defendant [Mr Ray] will be filing a discovery motion to compel disclosure") You can bet it's some ugly and/or potentially damning information defense has located on one of the decedents and/or witnesses for the prosecution.

Thank God Federal Rules of Evidence are fairly specific about what information can and cannot be presented as evidence. Cornell University Law School has some great information on how it all works on their website.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rules.htm#Rule404

Character Evidence Not Admissible To Prove Conduct; Exceptions; Other Crimes

(a) Character evidence generally

Evidence of a person's character or a trait of character is not admissible for the purpose of proving action in conformity therewith on a particular occasion, except:

(1) Character of accused - In a criminal case, evidence of a pertinent trait of character offered by an accused, or by the prosecution to rebut the same, or if evidence of a trait of character of the alleged victim of the crime is offered by an accused and admitted under Rule 404 (a)(2), evidence of the same trait of character of the accused offered by the prosecution;

(2) Character of alleged victim - In a criminal case, and subject to the limitations imposed by Rule 412, evidence of a pertinent trait of character of the alleged victim of the crime offered by an accused, or by the prosecution to rebut the same, or evidence of a character trait of peacefulness of the alleged victim offered by the prosecution in a homicide case to rebut evidence that the alleged victim was the first aggressor;

(3) Character of witness - Evidence of the character of a witness, as provided in rules 607, 608, and 609.

(b) Other crimes, wrongs, or acts

Evidence of other crimes, wrongs, or acts is not admissible to prove the character of a person in order to show action in conformity therewith. It may, however, be admissible for other purposes, such as proof of motive, opportunity, intent, preparation, plan, knowledge, identity, or absence of mistake or accident, provided that upon request by the accused, the prosecution in a criminal case shall provide reasonable notice in advance of trial, or during trial if the court excuses pretrial notice on good cause shown, of the general nature of any such evidence it intends to introduce at trial.

Jeannika

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2010 01:36AM by Jeannika.

Posted by: quackdave ()
Date: July 01, 2010 01:35AM

For anyone interested, the Droid--in his usual salty and irreverent way--throws his spotlight on Jennifer Horton in this article, just presented today:

saltydroid.info

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.