Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The Kabbalah Centre
Posted by: thekabbalahtruth ()
Date: September 29, 2009 01:49PM

Please see the response, below from a former Kabbalah Centre teacher to the lies and allegations against him and his wife by the Kabbalah Center. Anyone with any other information about this cult. Please post your stories here. Anyone needing any help leaving this cult. Please contact me. I can help. I am a former member.

[shaulyoudkevitch.blogspot.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Kabbalah Centre
Date: October 19, 2009 01:34PM

So now "Karen Berg" is to be considered "The Holy Spirit" Incarnate. Of course, this will not be told to any new students. But all the Gevre ( Full time volunteers) Have been forced to accept, and give there alegiance and pledge to this imposed rule. She cannot be questioned. And all of the Kabbalah Center now is in compleate allegiance and obey her every wish and command, with no question. Question "Karen Berg's" word, and your out. By the way, what has happened to the "Rav"? Well for all intensive purposes. He is brought out for only a few moments to show everyone he is still alive. He can still recite prayers, and pretty much any other services. These are rituals he has preformed for years, and seems to recite them well, sometimes with long pauses. These are of course due to his stroke. The "Rav" checked out a long time ago. But the Center will have you believe he is meditating, during these long pauses. And of course praying on your behalf, in The Garden of Eden. " The Emperor Wears No Clothes" Please people. Open your eyes. Again, if there is anyone who needs help leaving this CULT. Feel free to e-mail me here. If you have any information about the Kabbalah Center, Please post it here for others to see.

Posted by: Bibi ()
Date: November 29, 2009 07:40PM

As it is curious.. :)

Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: December 14, 2009 03:31PM

An interest of mine is to seperate Kabbalah as a spiritual tradition from the Kabbalah centre. It is tricky because the Kabbalah centre obviously uses elements of real Kabbalah. I'm not all that familiar with either but i have some interest in the true Kabbalah tradition as an outsider and as someone with respect for others spirituality, but I also see real nonsense coming from the Kabbalah centre.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 15, 2009 01:17AM

Rabbi Alan Lew, now deceased, wrote a memoir entitled One God Clapping. It is a fascinating read, and in it he has a chapter describing how, when he was a young
rabbi, at his first or perhaps second pulpit assignment, he was approached by a man
who told him about a study circle, led by a Kabbalah master.

Lew was spiritually quite sensitive and described what happened to him in the group--it became very, very intoxicating. (Read Lews book for a description)

This study also required very high levels of proficiency in Hebrew and complex textual analysis. He even mused that that might have been one of the reasons behind the traditional admonition that one must wait until one has reached middle age before entering upon Kabbalah study--because one needs very many years of training and practice in textual analysis before one can even begin with Kabbalah.

However, Lew decided that too many things worried him--and this was a group that appeared to be genuine.

Every one of the men (and the group was all male) had given up his job, and had separated from family. Kabbalah was all that they did.

Lew was unwilling to abandon his own wife and children, and his responsiblities to his congregation.

So he chose to depart.

The recruiter then told Lew something that he had NOT told Lew at the beginning.

He informed Lew that he was now responsible for supporting the Kabbalah master for the rest of his life.

Lew stated this was news to him.

The recruiter looked embarrassed and said that was what he had been told by the master to say to Lew.

Lew said he would pay a dollar amount, just once, that he considered a fair return for the instruction he had received in the past months, but he would not consider himself in anyway responsible for giving life long fiscal support to the Kabbalah master.

This was a 'real' Kabbalah group, and it predated K Centre.

Not all groups are like this, but if you are invited to join one, insist on full disclosure up front on the reciprocol and contractual responsiblities between student and teacher, just as one does when negotiating a loan.

Date: December 15, 2009 10:21AM

Thanks Corboy,

I think there are also many non associated Kabbalahists.

It would appear that this is another example of a very powerful psychological program, that needs a lot of self control and if introduced to those who don't have if there is a great potential for manipulation.

I'm kinda suspicious of the usual teaching in Judaism that only after experienced study should one get involved with Kabbalah. One aspect of Kabbalah is that it is also non conformist Judaism. So it somewhat looks to me as a way of keeping members of the religion from looking at alternative interpretations, keeping everything rather literal.

The story you mention also makes me think about the potential danger of collective spirituality, which is heightened in the case of esoteric or secret teachings.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: December 15, 2009 11:35AM

I think you're right about the hazards of collectives and ingrown groups where access to outside commitments is reduced.

Lew noted that it was his commitment to his own family and congregation that gave him what he needed to see that he had to make a choice between the fascinations and pull of the Kabbalah group he'd been recruited into, vs his family and pulpit.

Still, its worth noting how Lew described responding to the material. He was a psychologically sensitive person. He reported something that sounds like what happens when ones active imagination becomes overheated and inner energies boil over.

It sounds a bit like what Carl Jung reported when his own interior came under strain after his rupture with Sigmund Freud and his being overwhelmed with powerful imagry from his dreams.

Jung did artwork, journaled, and at times reported using yoga, though just enough to feel grounded.

Sort of like knowing when and how to reduce the heat underneath a pot when the contents begin to boil over.

Date: December 15, 2009 11:42AM

Carl Jung is a rather different situation. Do you know that he started having mystical experiences before the age of 5? Freud was more of a break down which lead to him knowing he had to fully explore the Collective unconscious and face his understanding the world was not just materialistic, that spirituality was valid and that the mind was not all about sex.

Date: December 15, 2009 11:46AM

In regards to Freud he could be regarded to being a one on one cult like the situation of abuse in the way the he dealt with his students. Carl Jung was not the only one to messed up from his experience with Sigmund, others even went to the extent of suicide.

Date: January 23, 2010 08:44AM

Recently Yehuda Berg was interviewed in Manila. He is selling his new book. And explaining how kabbalah is NOT a religion. This is the first time you will see him not wearing his Yarmulke. [www.youtube.com]. The rules are always changing. Right now the Kabbalah Center is pushing for a friendlier kinder center. After so many internal issues with over zealous teachers, and so many students leaving due to these teachers. But the philosophy of course is in the numbers. Bring them in at any cost. Push the books, water, and classes. After a good wallet depletion. Your gone. NEXT! People! if you have been hooked by this organization. ASK questions, investigate your teacher. You will find out, they are not interested in anything about you, Except your wallet! You will have a sympathetic ear, as long as you are shelling out the mullah! As soon as Sh*t hits the fan in your life. Your going to be told there is nothing they can do. And that it is your Tikun. They will claim Kabbalah for everything good in your life that is happening. Please , please , please , question everything, and you will see how this will irritate your teacher. And how Human dignity will be tossed out the window. You will see the true colors of the Centre! Remember your first class, if you are a student, BELIEVE NOTHING. Until something works for you.
Study other book from Major Kabbalist. They of course don't like you doing this. But you will see, the Centre is teaching it's own version of an ancient, and sacred study of the spiritual system. Open your EYES and close your wallets. Hers a test. Tell your teacher, who is a Chevre, ( which means friend in hebrew) What other famous Kabbalist had any "Chevres". NON DID, all the followers of any major Kabbalist all worked!!!! regular jobs. And did the work for the teacher. Here you have a group of men and woman who every penny, comes from YOU. And of course the rest, and there is alot of "REST" go to the Bergs, for the homes, cars, travel, parties,. If you do this test. Post your response here for all of us to read. I wish you all love, and light. Its there for anyone, no need to PAY to tap into it...

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.