How do u think of Falun gong?
Posted by: littlefisherman ()
Date: July 28, 2009 11:28AM

Hello everyone, I am still interested in Falun Gong which was banned by Chinese government some years ago, I still know little about why Chinese government banned it. I heard it was good to the people who practise it. Is it true that Falun Gong is really good to the practitioners? I hear many people in China are still practising Kungfu or Qigong, are there any differences between Falungong and Kungfu or Qogong? I heard some Falun gong practitioners died because they refused to seek medical treatment for their illnesses, is that true?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How do u think of Falun gong?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 28, 2009 09:28PM

littlefisherman:

In my opinion Falun Gong is an authoritarian, personality-driven "cult."

I have received complaints from families and former members about the group.

See [www.cultnews.com]

Re: How do u think of Falun gong?
Posted by: sparrow ()
Date: August 01, 2009 05:16AM

Hi littlefisherman,

I would completely agree that Falun Gong is a destructive cult. Please do not confuse Falun Gong with Chi Kung (QiGong) Chi Kung ( probably best translated as "energy work" ) is a relatively modern generic term for a number of different schools of energetic exercise. Chi Kung can be divided in to five main schools. Taoist, Buddhist, Medical, Martial and Confucian. Within these five categories are hundreds if not thousands of sub schools of technique. The techniques differ in emphasis depending on their goal. Medical Chi Kung for example focuses on maintaining health and indeed can be very effective at reversing certain types of illness.

Interestingly after the cultural revolution many doctors were killed or fled the country resulting in a massive shortfall in medical care. The Chinese government then forced many Chi Kung teachers to share previously secret techniques in mass group classes in order to prevent the looming healthcare disaster. It is from this that you get the mass Chi Kung and Tai Chi classes that you see being practiced in parks in China to this day.

Even in the Chi Kung world you should be careful who you learn with as there are many charismatic abusive figures willing to exploit the unwary. Because it is relatively easy to demonstrate healing effects etc some unscrupulous figures use their Chi Kung knowledge to give themselves credability and then use this as an excuse for all sorts of questionable behaviour. I would imagine the Ki Health brigade fall under this category.

True genuine Chi Kung is amazing and very beneficial. Nothing should prevent you combining this with receiving sound western medical treatment though!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2009 05:20AM by sparrow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.