Fake Tibetan Buddhist Lamas - Do you know any "Wolves in Lama's Robes
Posted by: charlene ()
Date: July 23, 2009 08:31AM

For those of you who have read the articles on Madi Nolan, Dhyani Ywahoo and Domo Geshe Rinpoche on this forum, you will know that www.infinitenetworks.com helps in exposing fake Tibetan teachers.

Harold has exposed these three persons as fakes and his goal is to put them out of business. He is a former federal agent who as part of his job worked on cults.

We would like to open a dialogue with those of you who want to discuss this topic on this forum.

To many people have been spiritual, emotional and financial raped by these "Wolves in Lama"s Robes" and you can do something to stop them.

Re: Fake Tibetan Buddhist Lamas - Do you know any "Wolves in Lama's Ro
Posted by: Blue Dakini ()
Date: July 28, 2009 07:08PM

Hello Charlene,
There are many rogues, charlatans and fake gurus posing as Tibetan lamas and some of them are ethnic Tibetans. Sogyal Lakar aka Rinpoche for example. If you scroll down this section of RR you will come to a thread about the odious Sogyal which contains links to other sites where you will find detailed information. Re: non-Tibetans -- the following spring to mind:
Leslie Dawson aka Anandabodhi aka Namgyal Rinpoche
Stuart Kirkpatrick aka Traktung Rinpoche
Ron Rinpoche who hangs out in Glastonbury.
Christopher Hansard -- there's a detailed thread on him in this section of RR
There are many more.
There are also some totally sincere, well trained and effective non-Tibetan lamas. For example:
Lama Tsultrim Alllione
Ngagchang Rinpoche aka Ngakpa Chogyam
Lama Denis
Lama Surya Das
Mathieu Ricard
There are many more...
Best wishes..

Re: Fake Tibetan Buddhist Lamas - Do you know any "Wolves in Lama's Robes
Posted by: ~*~ k a t e ~*~ ()
Date: July 28, 2009 10:52PM

Ole Nydahl needs to be added to that list.

Posted by: sparrow ()
Date: July 29, 2009 05:06AM

I have heard very bad things about Geshe Kelsang Gyatso (New Kadampa Tradition)

Date: July 29, 2009 07:28AM

Blue Dakini
Hello Charlene,
There are many rogues, charlatans and fake gurus posing as Tibetan lamas and some of them are ethnic Tibetans. Sogyal Lakar aka Rinpoche for example. If you scroll down this section of RR you will come to a thread about the odious Sogyal which contains links to other sites where you will find detailed information. Re: non-Tibetans -- the following spring to mind:
Leslie Dawson aka Anandabodhi aka Namgyal Rinpoche
Stuart Kirkpatrick aka Traktung Rinpoche
Ron Rinpoche who hangs out in Glastonbury.
Christopher Hansard -- there's a detailed thread on him in this section of RR
There are many more.
There are also some totally sincere, well trained and effective non-Tibetan lamas. For example:
Lama Tsultrim Alllione
Ngagchang Rinpoche aka Ngakpa Chogyam
Lama Denis
Lama Surya Das
Mathieu Ricard
There are many more...
Best wishes..

What can you tell me about Leslie Dawson either on this forum or via PM.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: July 29, 2009 08:21AM

[forum.culteducation.com]

Here is an earlier thread on the New Kadampa Tradition.

Earlier threads get hidden from view when more recent new topics get added.

The search button is in the upper right hand corner of the website window. Make sure to put 'all dates' when you search and you will find some amazing things--this message board has been going for 7 years.

Thank you to Rick and to the many great correspondants and our wonderful pro bono attorneys who have helped us.

And bows to Rick for having run a steady, scholarly website that kept the legal and moral high ground--and won the support and respect of those attorneys--and their firms.

A great general picks the right turf for the battle. Attorneys like that. They like that a lot. Thanks, Rick.

Date: July 30, 2009 11:47PM

Hi Charlene,
Leslie Dawson aka Anandabodhi aka Namgyal Rinpoche died a few years ago at a ripe old age. He was one of the early westerners to be ordained initially as a Theravadin monk. He was gay. In the mid 1950s he allegedly went to Kalimpong in the Indian Himalayas because he had heard that young Tibetan monks trained as passive sex partners were leaving their homeland and settling in India. As you may know, homosexual activities that did not involve penetration were commonplace in monasteries in Tibet. Many young men (not women AFAIK) became monks for family, financial or social reasons rather than because they had a vocation. Anyway, at some stage in his career as a guru, LD swopped from Thervadin to Tibetan and turned himself into Namgyal Rinpoche. His life was dogged by scandals involving young men, whom he sometimes took on long sea voyages in order to seduce them secretively. He was violent and short tempered. Having said this, I know one or two people who were devoted to him as a teacher and regarded him as a highly evolved being. This nearly always seems to be the case. There are even people who stand up for Osel Tenzin, aka Thomas Rich, also deceased. He was Trungpa R's regent and also gay. He infected several people with HIV. Lots of people are devoted to Geshe Kelsang Gyatso -- who is demonised on this site. Lots of people have deep respect for Ole Nydhal. Lots of people demonise Ngakpa Chogyam, whom I regard as a very kind, harmless person and an effective meditation teacher.

Date: August 01, 2009 08:25AM

Hello Blue Dakini - how was he violent? What happened when it became known that he was a homosexual and having sex with his students?

Date: August 02, 2009 01:14AM

Hi Charlene,
I am not up to speed re Leslie Dawson. Somewhere in my files I have reports on him but I havn't looked at them for several years. I think much the same happened with him as with many other RC priests, Thai monks, Tib lamas, Zen Roshis etc etc -- the moral/ethical turpitude is swept under the rug and everyone involved pretends it doesn't matter. But IMHO it does matter and I think the tide of religious/spiritual awareness is turning in a more compassionate direction in this respect. The people who are traumatised by power/sexual abuse are victims of hideous exploitation and should be acknowledged. All of us should be making sincere efforts to protect future generations. As I have said before, people who approach spiritual organisations in an effort to improve their lives deserve better than a sleazy sexual predator as their teacher.
Can I ask what you interest is in this topic?

Date: August 03, 2009 05:13AM

To more fully understand the minds of these lamas and what drove them off course. There are recognized lamas and then there are the out and out fakes such as Majorie Dadak aka Domo Geshe Rinpoche and Madi Nolan and Diane Fisher aka Dhyani Ywahoo. What my real concern are the victims of these frauds and con artists. These victims have contacted me and told sad stories of leaving there families, spouses and children behind in the quest for this thing called enlightenment. The people they follow take their money and their souls and they give up all critical thinking and become mindless souls. Suddenly one day the come to their senses and realize the horror of what they have done not only to themselves but to the ones they left behind. There are so many more victims who are to ashamed to come forward and tell theses stories and more about sexual and physical abuse. Their silence only empowers these "Wolves in Lama's Robes" to continue their evil.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.