large (ex-) UPC church in TX finally reaps what it sowed
Posted by: zestymike48 ()
Date: November 01, 2004 02:21PM

I don't think that it is fair to call ALL UPC churches members of a cult, however the particular one that I was a member of certainly WAS. I base this call on the fact that we were not allowed to fellowship with other UPC churches because they were too "worldly", we had our OWN "holiness conference" every year instead of going to the general conference, and just about anything civic or considered as entertainment, fashionable or of modern thought was also banned.

Whereas this was once the second largest UPC church in Dallas, TX, today it is a mere handful. The church and pastor was exposed in both Texas newspapers and television news as an accused child molestor and was caught in adultry as well. Today there are at least three ongoing lawsuits being brought by former members. Even though I have not personally involved myself in such lawsuit attempts or sought a class action suit against the senior pastor, it would and should be ME who would undoubtedly benefit the most from such an action.

Even though several things about Apostolic Tabernacle of Balch Springs, TX are now, finally public. As pastor's son-in-law of this church for 13 years the horrors that I witnessed personally would fill a horror novel and make talk show hosts shutter. Sadly even though I had the "inside scoop" before it was even released through news outlets even I will never know the other lives that were destroyed and deeply harmed.

What makes such a church a "cult" is that the perpetrators were warned that if they outed the pastor as molestor and adulteror they would be doomed to hell (or so they testified to law inforcement officials pre-trial). Other pending lawsuits involve men in the church who were lied on by the pastor and even unjustly spent time in correctional facilities because of his untruths. Now it is HE, the former pastor who is in the process of being indicted and convicted. TRUTH shall triumph!

Options: ReplyQuote
large (ex-) UPC church in TX finally reaps what it sowed
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: November 01, 2004 08:56PM

I have not stated that the UPCI is a "cult" or that any of its churches fit
within that category.

See [www.culteducation.com]

The above disclaimer is linked throughout the website on virtually every
page.

I have received very serious complaints about the UPCI and would not
recommend its churches to anyone under any circumstances.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

Rick Ross
www.culteducation.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.