My pan of Schneerson which hasn't appeared yet on Amazon.com
Posted by: richardmgreen ()
Date: October 30, 2004 01:51AM

Do they have the guts to put this up?
My story with Lubavitch begins circa '76 when my father and his brother went to Menachem Schneerson for "spiritual help" in getting me out of the Ben Yishai cult in LI, NY. (See my review of Rabbi Shea Hecht's "Confessions of a Jewish Cultbuster").
From the outset I was the enemy of this rabbi and that position never changed. Eventually, I got married throught Chabad Lubavitch. The marriage was a dismal failure - a nightmare from the first - and Schneerson and his cronies and my ex-wife's family have been trying to get back at me for years. I used to eat at the kosher restaurants in Highland Park, NJ and some of the help used to work for some of the major donors to Chabad and I would get routinely attacked by these workers.
The Lubavitcher cult is despised throughout the orthodox Jewish world. Chabad doesn't belong to Agudat Yisrael and the saying "Learning with Lubavitch isn't really learning" is the catch phrase. Schneerson's erudition in both Judaism and secular matters is highly trumped up by his followers. He was "the best rabbi, doctor, mathematician, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah..."
My family went to this rabbi numerous times after the events in my story in Confessions ("Hank and the Hebrew-Christians") transpired. If he knew anything about psychology, it didn't show up. It was clear to us that this rabbi and his movement had no answers for my family. He was simply a buttinsky who wrecked our family and thought he had some divine given right to do so. (I prefer to call him Menachem "Meddlesome" Schneerson).
Chabad goes after the wealthiest Jews even those who aren't frum to gain money and power. They also surround political figures like Joe Lieberman and Arnold Schwarzenegger. They are after money and power and gaining a reputatation - a reputation that was built partially on my back as this rabbi and his cult sucked my blood quite heavily over the years. By contrast, Rabbi Meir Abuhatiziera, the Baba Salei, the leader of Moraccan Jewry and a correspondent and contemporary of Schneerson's didn't take money unless a person was shomer mitzvot. If you were treif, so was your money.
I have numerous comments about Chabad on anticult sites. Try these links:
www.culteducation.com
[board.culteducation.com]
[groups.yahoo.com]
www.xlubi.com
www.daatemet.org.il
www.hillel.org.il
There was never one time that Schneerson intervened that any good came of it and most sane Jews with a good Jewish education (and who are familiar with a wider body of Jewish knowledge and responsa than Schneerson) consider him to be a megalomaniac and a fraud.
Schneerson never visited Israel once but intervened in Israeli politics many time waving his alm-ghty arm from his throne of glory in Crown Heights, Brooklyn he blocked peace initiatives many times.
Supposedly a prophet he proclaimed that Israel's redemption was just "heartbeats away". Obviously he was a false prophet. Just look at the mess the country is in now.
Luckily, he's gone now.
On a final note, it's amazing how some people in Chabad think he's G-d incarnate too. Mainstream orthodoxy has wanted to do something about Chabad for years but have done nothing.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.