Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Cult? Jesus? Christian?
Posted by: les benton ()
Date: October 22, 2004 02:29AM

CULT is defined as; excessive adoration, by a group, directed toward an individual.
Excessive adoration;WORSHIP. By a group; CHRISTIAN. Directed toward an individual; JESUS.
Christianity as it exist today is a cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Cult? Jesus? Christian?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 22, 2004 03:27AM

Here we go again.

This is a very simplistic definition often used by cult apologists without further explanation.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Also see [www.culteducation.com]

Cult? Jesus? Christian?
Posted by: les benton ()
Date: October 22, 2004 03:39AM

This definition is from the Websters Dictionary. What is your definition of "cult".
This is also the definition from the Catholic Encycopedia. However, they do not apply it to their church. They do apply it to other brands of so-called Christian.

Cult? Jesus? Christian?
Posted by: yourmaster ()
Date: October 22, 2004 12:13PM

I think what we mean by 'cults' is those organizations which promise pie in the sky right now and then ask you for most of your money if not all of it (right now).

These cults demand complete surrender of ones life. From that moment your actions and thoughts are controlled by the so called leader. Since you have given your mind to the religion, you defend your actions. There is no other reality or truth except that which your stupid cult leader spews out into your debilitated brain cells.

When you have a group of followers like this you have a cult.

Hare Krishna is a good example of a cult. Although a well known religion in India, it has been taken to the extreme here and has caused much damage to people.

Later, the cult leader starts having sex with the ladies (or he starts having sex with the men), stealing the money, buying nice cars, taking lots of vacations, getting fat, and on and on.

So lets not argue about the meaning of cult because we all know what they are.

Love,

YOURMASTER :)

Cult? Jesus? Christian?
Posted by: supermonkey ()
Date: December 07, 2004 05:36AM

even if they are not extreme they damage people as they encourage people to believe in mythology over science and rational truth. all religions were invented by people to control and exploit others and because people want a false sense of security and do not want to face the fact that life is created by chemicals randomly mixed. a mircle NO! Science and fact YES!

Cult? Jesus? Christian?
Posted by: livinXsacrifice ()
Date: August 04, 2005 10:29PM

supermonkey
even if they are not extreme they damage people as they encourage people to believe in mythology over science and rational truth. all religions were invented by people to control and exploit others and because people want a false sense of security and do not want to face the fact that life is created by chemicals randomly mixed. a mircle NO! Science and fact YES!

Sorry I won't get into it that much. But you quote shows tha lack of understanding. Evolution is not fact. It is also based on faith. If you believe what happen so called billions of years ago by watching animations a man made computer presentations and base what you believe on a theory of "facts" that takes a lot of faith. Scientist do not have full blown prove only hypothesis. They do not know themselves they are just best guessing on the so called carbon datings (that have failed many of times) and other methods.

Cult? Jesus? Christian?
Posted by: grub ()
Date: August 10, 2005 09:29PM

livinXsacrifice
Sorry I won't get into it that much. But you quote shows tha lack of understanding. Evolution is not fact. It is also based on faith. If you believe what happen so called billions of years ago by watching animations a man made computer presentations and base what you believe on a theory of "facts" that takes a lot of faith. Scientist do not have full blown prove only hypothesis. They do not know themselves they are just best guessing on the so called carbon datings (that have failed many of times) and other methods.

Evolution is a fact. It is obervable in the laboratory and in real life (herbicide resistant weeds? Antibiotic resistant bacteria? et al. ad nauseum) Now because I say it's a fact doesn't mean we have all the answers yet. Find one piece of evidence supporting, say, Intelligent Design (just Creationism with a bit of makeup)

Science has never claimed to have all the facts and never will as it is in a constant state of testing, verifying and re-testing. Science has given the world a great deal, including the computer you're typing, the car you drive, the materials in your house, etc.

What has religion given other than fear of an invisible man? Take the blue pill.

Cult? Jesus? Christian?
Posted by: Ohio ()
Date: August 11, 2005 01:57AM

Herbicide resistant weeds eh? Well sure stuff like that happens all the time.. it's call [i:edc8984993]adaptation[/i:edc8984993] not evolution. Those weeds are still weeds. Darwins finches were still finches, they didn't turn in to penguins. His tortises didn't turn into alligators and your antibiotic resistant bacteria is still bacteria and nothing else. I could go on 'ad nauseum' but hopefully you get the idea. Show me an instance where one of Darwins finches turned into anything other than a finch with a funny bill, or his tortises turned into anything other than a tortise with a crook in it's shell. Your first four words completely discredit you. "Evolution is a fact" Reeeaaally? Is that why it's called the [i:edc8984993]theory[/i:edc8984993] of evolution?

Cult? Jesus? Christian?
Posted by: CultEduMod ()
Date: August 11, 2005 04:28AM

It might be more accurate to say that Evolution is a fact AND a theory.

Evolution as Fact and Theory by Stephen Jay Gould
[www.stephenjaygould.org]

But lets try to stay focussed on the subject of cult education, and the topic of the thread.

Cult? Jesus? Christian?
Posted by: grub ()
Date: August 11, 2005 06:01AM

CultEduMod
It might be more accurate to say that Evolution is a fact AND a theory.

Better than religion which has nothing other than blind faith and delusions going for it. :twisted:

CultEduMod
But lets try to stay focussed on the subject of cult education, and the topic of the thread.

Agreed.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.