My thoughts on PSI Basic seminar
Posted by: hhuynh ()
Date: May 14, 2009 01:32PM

The principles and exercises in this seminar can be of great benefit for the participants. When there is a large group of people interacting with high energy levels there’s sure to be an exciting experience. PSI Basic takes people out of their comfort zones allowing for self-exploration and self-discovery. Goal setting exercises are also a great benefit to the participants. Meditation, NLP, and guided hypnosis exercises are some of the techniques employed by the seminar. Visualization sessions, called “workshops” are also performed. Group sharing is highly encouraged allowing people to overcome their number one fear of public speaking. After every “share” there is cheering and applauding to support and encourage everyone to take part. People can gain a tremendous amount of self-confidence by being so openly accepted by the group.

Emotional responses are triggered and childhood traumas are dug up. Counseling and cognitive therapy techniques are performed with mostly complete strangers. Professional psychologists who are trained in dealing with these issues should only perform these counseling techniques and not some stranger you just met moments before. This is in case a person suffers severe psychological breakdown or any subsequent long-term damage. Support systems are created as well as a dependency on PSI methodologies.

“Emotional stripping” techniques are used allowing vulnerability and the activation of peoples’ automatic stress response systems. Praise is usually given after emotionally deflating the participants. Various push/pull techniques are performed to further create more vulnerability. New belief systems and different neurological associations are programmed. Laws of attraction and other “New Thought” principles are thrown in to help inspire and teach positive thought processes. These teachings coupled with entertaining stories create a sense of empowerment. The dream is sold, but the process is not described in any practical manner.

Exercises that convey behavioral variance are conducted. When a person hears their personality traits and tendencies accurately pointed out they are brought into a sense of agreement. “Win-win” and “givers-gain” ideologies are anchored into the different levels of mind. Self-improvement or life success courses are the foundation of these Large Group Awareness Training seminars (LGAT). People are inspired during the seminar and feed off the energy of the other group members. Physical exhaustion, a lack of breaks, and food deprivation cause people to become more impressionable to suggestion. A sense of unity is created in the seminar.

Advanced persuasion and coercion are utilized to sell the next level(s) of courses. People are made vulnerable then brainwashed into signing for the next course in order to become a better person or to help solve their personal problems. Participants are manipulated to become addicted to the emotions these training sessions create.

World peace one mind at a time shouldn’t involve the people digging so deep into their pocket books!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My thoughts on PSI Basic seminar
Posted by: greg hamond ()
Date: September 26, 2009 02:45AM

i told someone who spent...in 1999? $ 8,000$ for psi about this website
he was angry and defensive.

HE TOLD ME HE CONSIDERS PSI TO BE......GET THIS.....SACRED.

Posted by: hhuynh ()
Date: October 11, 2009 12:27PM

Many people have been manipulated by these seminars. If somebody has a lot of money and don't mind spending thousands of dollars on self-help courses then all the power to them. I disagree with PSI taking advantage of people when they're vulnerable especially when the people can't afford the courses. I'm sure many people are plunged deeper into debt by PSI.

Posted by: buffman ()
Date: October 26, 2009 05:10AM

My girlfriend was encouraged by a friend to go to the PSI basic seminar. She didn't have the money, so this guy offered to pay her way.

She ended up having acute psychosis or "spiritual emergency" (Stanislav Grof's terminology), spending 3 days in the ER and several months recovering. She did not have health insurance, and now has over $10,000 in medical expenses. She had no prior history of psychosis or other similar mental illness. Even if she did, they would not have known, for they did no health evaluation.

While her subjective experience was quite positive, this "free" seminar came at a great price to our financial health, as well as being fairly traumatic for me and her family. We thought about a lawsuit, but with the fact that her subjective experience was positive, and the fact that we are broke, there is little we feel can do.

These seminars are not just coercive but highly risky. I consider LGAT's the extreme sports of spirituality and personal growth. Buyer beware.

Re: My thoughts on PSI Basic seminar / damaging LGAT
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 26, 2009 09:43AM

The dangers and damages of the LGAT seminars run by PSI Seminars are explored in detail in other threads as well.

PSI Seminars and what Happened to me [forum.culteducation.com]

PSI Seminars: Legal Action? [forum.culteducation.com]

PSI seminars waiver [forum.culteducation.com]

James Ray International: [forum.culteducation.com]
Waiver of Liability,Assumption of Risk, Indemnity Agreement and
Disclaimer BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT YOU ARE WAIVING ALL RIGHTS TO COMPENSATION IN CASE OF INJURY.

Landmark waiver. [forum.culteducation.com]

THE SCHOOL FOR THE WORK WITH BYRON KATIE - RELEASE OF LIABILITY [forum.culteducation.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.