Please Help!!! (Formerly posted in "tech support" by accident)
Posted by: SamiE ()
Date: May 02, 2009 03:08AM

Hello,

I recently singed up for this forum, as I am in need of advice regarding bringing a very destructive group to justice. This group targets those with severe psychiatric disorders, mental illness, and physical disabilities as well as youth.

They claim to sell real spirits of human beings, hindu goddesses, dragons, etc. They specifically target those who are mentally ill, and this is evident to anyone who spends time looking at the site. We recently found a page on the site that caused alarm and proves the destructive nature of the group. The page lists many prescription medications which will "interfere" with the buyer "experiencing" their item. If you notice, the list includes the most potent anti-psychotic medications in the category of "most interference". Also included, are medications used in end-of-life care and muscular sclerosis. Please see this page: [encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com]

I am looking for any information or advice regarding how to begin to take action against this group. They have been in business since 2005 and there are countless reports online involving fraud, internet stalking, cyber bullying, harassment, etc. Innocent people are getting terribly taken advantage of by this group and it is vital that attention is brought to this. I don't know anything about exposing dangerous groups like this legally or otherwise but I am willing to do what needs to be done to ensure that they are investigated.

I would really appreciate any advice or feedback regarding how to go about this, where to send information, or who I can contact that will be able to help.

Thank You!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please Help!!! (Formerly posted in "tech support" by accident)
Posted by: Emma C ()
Date: May 02, 2009 04:46AM

Well, first things first, what is the name of this group?
You also mentioned they have a website. Is it possible you could post a link?

Date: May 02, 2009 07:15AM

The group name is Creepy Hollows. I have posted a link to one of the pages above--the page that is most concerning at this point. Somehow it didn't show as a link, so here it is again: medication advice

Their main website is http://www.creepyhollows.com

Looking forward to any advice! I was looking through their forums last night and was very disturbed to see a lot of people with mood disorders and profound psychiatric disturbances going off of their meds in order to be able to see the Creepy Hollows dragons, vampires, etc. I am wondering if there is a group working to protect the rights of those with mental illness that can be contacted? I am also fairly certain that there are grounds for an investigation.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: May 02, 2009 08:07AM

Emma C & all

Here is the link that wasn't carried through by SamiE transfer:

[encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com]

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: May 02, 2009 08:16AM

Here is a useful link from a news story that rrmoderator posted on the companion newsheadline site www.cultnews.net from April 28th.

It contains a lot more direct information from what SamiE is describing:

[www.metaphysicalfrauds.blogspot.com]

It is a real hoot! Well worth exploring for the knowledge of these scoundrels.

Date: May 02, 2009 08:25AM

Hi again,

I have seen that site before and it is interesting and funny but there is more that needs to be done. I think people are in real danger. My concern right now is the way this group is preying on those who suffer from mental illness, especially those with severe psychotic disorders. Advising them that they will not see "unicorns, vampires, etc" if they stay on their psych meds and then providing a list of all of those meds seems like a criminal activity. Especially, since they are the ones selling all of these "spirits". They also offer a service that will bind the dead spirit of your deceased pet to a silver ring.

There has to be a way to get someone to investigate this. I just don't know where to begin.

Posted by: VoodooDali ()
Date: May 06, 2009 06:14AM

You might want to ask at [www.quackwatch.com]
Dr. Barrett who runs that site has made it his mission to expose medical fraud.

Posted by: newagesurvivor ()
Date: May 16, 2009 10:39PM

SamiE
My concern right now is the way this group is preying on those who suffer from mental illness, especially those with severe psychotic disorders. Advising them that they will not see "unicorns, vampires, etc" if they stay on their psych meds and then providing a list of all of those meds seems like a criminal activity.

Yeap, it does seem like a criminal activity. But is there a law against it? I don't think so. On the contrary, the legislation that actually offers spiritual/religious entrepreneurs freedom from taxes is in fact encouraging such an activity. So what can be done about it? Change the laws. Change those who make the laws (representatives). Change those who choose those who make the laws (voters). What else can be done? I'm not an American and I'm always wondering if there really isn't any decent code of ethics regarding these kind of entrepreneurs.

And it does seem like they're encouraging people with medical condition to give up their medication. It says on their website:

"If you take prescription drugs of any kind it will alter your energy. This means that is may be more difficult for you to make an initial connection with your spirits or enchants and any spell work done for you may experience a delay in desired effect." And:

"The variation in time depends solely on the kind of medication you are taking. Prescriptions for blood-thinner, coagulants, cholesterol, organ function, and so on see limited delays of 15% longer than normal. Prescriptions for depression, anti-psychotics, mood stabilizers, and other drugs targeted specifically for the brain may see delays as long as 50% to 100% longer than normal --"

Certainly a customer with psych medication would think that s/he needs to give up meds in order to get what's been promised from those items that s/he's bought from there. Yeap.

And to clarify this company is selling stones and all sorts of artifacts - claiming that there are certain types of spirits attached to them! Talking about fraud... And their target customers are supposed to be really interested in spirituality and then they're supposed to start COLLECTING SPIRITS, meaning start buying those expensive items that this firm is selling. So it's not just fraud but spiritual abuse as well. It's abusing those who have no say whatsoever (mentally ill or otherwise) and who cannot make complaints - and who would believe them anyhow. And who cares when a schizophrenic who's stopped using medication commits a suicide - no-one. It's not something to be reported on the news, contrary to this fraud-company's claims:

All the Trash Talk

Yeah, if we're talking about "trash talk" then the above link provides a good example of that. Geeeez, they're using such common new age "how to sell crap" arguments there, and how to manipulate the audience with an orwellian-like double-speech. They end up claiming that those who oppose their doings are TERRORISTS. That's something to think about. Maybe they learned that speech straight from the grand-master George W Bush et al. They sound like a freaking cult to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.