Current Page: 9 of 10
Hare Krishna
Posted by: TheTruthAsItIs ()
Date: October 28, 2006 10:15PM

I agree with the moderator, cultreporter, dont forget about this wimp. Wimps as deeply wimpish as this are hard to find, and so rare. Your particular example is quite a spectacular wimp, one of the best examples I have seen in my lifetime and very good stuff to paste in your experience book of what to avoid. Very "limp", wet sock, pure wimp stuff. I had the same experience with a Science of Identity Wimp (she broke my heart), it took me years to get over this wimp, and suddenly one day the penny dropped. It was so simple: a wimp is a wimp. So dont forget your wimp, but move on with life, dont make the same mistake I did, I was dropped by Chris as not being eminently suitable for my special brand of wimp, and mooched about it for years, but oneday I woke up and realised how I had wasted my time, mooning about this pathetic wimp for years. Chris likes to keep his wimps close to his heart, there is no room for free thinkers in this equation, so move on, there is life after wimp land :D

Options: ReplyQuote
Hare Krishna
Posted by: cultreporter ()
Date: October 29, 2006 12:50AM

Thanks guys...

When I first got out of the cult I did consider the fact that I was just crazy or perhaps too demonic to understand what had happened there, so talking about it and knowing that others had same/similar experiences has certainly helped me a lot to begin getting on with my life. If I could help anyone else in the same way I would be very happy with that.

TheTruthAsItIs :lol: gooseheads. I appreciate the nice things you have had to say on this and the other thread. I keep trying :)

Hare Krishna
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: October 29, 2006 04:59AM

cultreporter
Thanks guys...

When I first got out of the cult I did consider the fact that I was just crazy or perhaps too demonic to understand what had happened there, so talking about it and knowing that others had same/similar experiences has certainly helped me a lot to begin getting on with my life. If I could help anyone else in the same way I would be very happy with that.

TheTruthAsItIs :lol: gooseheads. I appreciate the nice things you have had to say on this and the other thread. I keep trying :)

[b:b12468d926]Cultreporter:[/b:b12468d926][/size:b12468d926]

I finally got through reading your whole blog. Very sad. But you are one of the lucky ones to wake up and get out. Think of what could have happened if the wimp kept you around!? Keep venting and breathing. It only gets better. Forgive yourself. In the words of an old soul riff, "...everbody plays the fool, from time to time..." Aaron Neville does a particularly good version of the song. It takes more time than you can imagine to throw off all the influence of being in this cult. But you'll get there.

I am an old veteran from the early 70's to 80's. From reading your blog nothing has really changed except it has become more secretive, exclusive and controlling. I was gone pre-homophobia. I left before the fines and before Wai Lana became the new Katyayani "clone" or oriental promo chick. Do they claim that Mrs. Guru is a pure devotee too?

Did you ever meet Siddha in person or did you just place garlands around his pictures and watch his videos?

I still think the stories from ISK[b:b12468d926]con[/b:b12468d926] are just as weird when they try to invalidate JG -- from one cult to another!!! If it is true that ACB Prabhupad made an issue of Siddha getting a garland first instead of his stupid framed photo on a vyas asana -- it's all the same garbage!

I often wonder what happened to my peers from that time? I have only found a few who got out. There were some really great and talented people -- (along with some real jerks). I'd hate to see them again after years of having their spirits crushed in the cult............

And the women seem to have all become such dowagers!

I was really amused by the part in your blog where after you saw a video, some fanatic told you that people just don't get everything at first...... Siddha really didn't mean that the US should invade Canada because of it's liberal position on gays..... it's an advanced lecture for someone new......etc. [b:b12468d926]It's just that you haven't been brain f*cked enough yet![/b:b12468d926] Advanced lecuture!???? :lol: Those old videos are simplistic and unsophisticated. I was so mortified recently when I saw a lecture again -- where was my brain!??? How did I lose so many IQ points for so many years!???? But I got over my embarrassment, as you will too.

Don't forget the Noni farms in Hawaii are also SOI fronts too. If you read the whole thread [b:b12468d926][i:b12468d926]Krishna Group in Hawaii[/i:b12468d926][/b:b12468d926], you'll find the links there. You might want to add this to your blog.

print lectures can be found at this site:
[www.iskcon.net]

Hare Krishna
Posted by: zelig ()
Date: October 29, 2006 05:09AM

This site leads you to the Noni "indoctrination" farm where you get to work for free and learn mantra meditation from and old Sai follower.
Don't know if it is still an active exchange program for youths who want to learn organic gardening. Just another cult front --- FYI.

[attrainternships.ncat.org]

Hare Krishna
Date: October 29, 2006 09:42AM

Zelig - thanks for these links! I have actually just been revising the business info on the site this morning. I knew some devotees on the Gold Coast were Noni distributors, although there are a few Noni companies around and I was uncertain of the precise name of the one linked to SOI - I think it is Healing Noni :?: For sure I will add the facts available.

I do consider myself to be very lucky because only two years of my life went into this, I feel bad for even being upset by it when I hear from people that were there for much longer and who were born into it. I have also met people who were involved on the level of meditation classes for months and some of them are obviously shatterred by the experience.

Yes indeed - it is better to have loved and lost than to live with the psycho for the rest of your life :lol:

No I never met Siddha, he has not been in Australia since around 1994. I have a very close friend who is an ex-follower who was there then. Pretty much all she remembers of him is telling everyone that they were not fit to call themselves his followers and that everyone there was the worst devotees he had ever seen, lazy, good for nothing etc. It broke her heart.

In Brisbane Siddha did a talk and was heckled by someone in the audience. Did he have the humility and conviction to continue - the compassion to try even harder to reach this fallen soul? Of course not - he stormed off the stage and demanded that one of his disciples finish the talk instead vowing that he would never return to Brisbane again and declaring it the 'armpit of the world'.

Hare Krishna
Date: October 29, 2006 09:54AM

An ISKCON link that has published printed lectures??

I would never have looked at anything ISKCON after all the preaching that Siddha's disciples do against them on his orders. I heard a lecture once where Siddha told a woman who wanted to go to kirtan at an ISKCON temple because there was none near her home and he told her that to do this would be like 'spitting into the wind' that spiritual life cannot progress with any ISKCON association and that ISKCON are not 'real' devotees.

When it was found out that I had associated with some ISKCON devotees I was told that I was putting Siddha's life in danger if I told them anything because there is a plot to kill him. :roll: He had been in Hawaii for years and hardly keeps a low profile, they certainly don't need little me to tell them where to find him.

BTW yes from what I have heard said over and over Wai Lana is deemed to be a pure devotee. From what I know this is a distinction that is handed out by Siddha pretty arbitrarily to those he likes, much like all the disciples seem to be the ones that own businesses or have some wealth.

Hare Krishna
Posted by: thelambchopkid ()
Date: October 29, 2006 04:21PM

Cosmophilospher
Also remember when you are in a "cult", its not going to feel like you are in a cult! It feels like you have discovered the Reality of The Universe, and everything has come together.

Its only those "other people" with their "weird beliefs" who are the crazy ones. Not "my group".

So if you are 18 years old, you have a long road ahead of you.
Be smart, ask questions, look behind the curtain.
Do your research.
Think for yourself.

Study the psychology of what might be happening to you.

Coz

Good points actually. :D Thanx for the advice.

Hare Krishna
Posted by: thelambchopkid ()
Date: October 29, 2006 04:24PM

cultreporter
Thanks guys...

Check out the Heaven's Gate website. It's alive again. You wanto see weird? Check out the URL. [webspawner.com]

tlck

Hare Krishna
Posted by: john231272 ()
Date: November 25, 2006 07:45AM

What is the book that they use to teach about Hare Krishna called?

Hare Krishna
Date: November 25, 2006 06:55PM

There are a lot of books John. Many of them you can get for free on-line.

I am guessing that you might be referring to Bhagavad-Gita As It Is, which is generally the most known and recognisable, considered to be the central scripture of the Hare Krishna religion.

There are many translations and commentaries of the Gita. In my humble opinion Gandhi did a very nice one, and I very much value my old very scholastic translation. Like Bibles if you go and get them from different churches there is a whole range of differences.

There are several Bhaktivedanta Swami Gita links on this page.

[www.salagram.net]

This site has evaluation copies of a lot of Bhaktivedanta's books which are in pdf

[www.harekrishnatemple.com]

I hope that helps.

Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.