Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
New Age Sci-Fi Scenario Channeling Type Groups
Posted by: glam ()
Date: October 26, 2004 03:04AM

Do you have any idea how to get hold of an original edition of Margaret Singer's book? I've tried looking, but all I've found is the new edition, with the Landmark stuff removed (I've read it).

Glam

Options: ReplyQuote
New Age Sci-Fi Scenario Channeling Type Groups
Posted by: Cosmophilospher ()
Date: October 26, 2004 06:45AM

I would guess you would need to get the 1995 hardcover edition of the book.
There is not that much on Landmark. Just general info.

Perhaps try the public or university libraries.

I got mine from a used bookstore.

Also try ABE books.

[dogbert.abebooks.com]

Re: New Age Sci-Fi Scenario Channeling Type Groups
Posted by: swift ()
Date: November 12, 2010 11:44AM

What I find incredible about the cassiopeians is the level of double think that operates on that site. They put massive emphasis on pathology and identifying it in others, while at the same time pushing Gurdjieff who says man is a machine, get rid of your emotions but if this is the ideal state they are trying to achieve it is essentially a pathological one. To operate without emotions is pathologial. Have you come across Richard Sawyer? I think he is one of Laura's main hench men operating under a cloak of darness, distributing brainwashing material in their bible 'The Wave

This is a really destructive cult , they are very secretive and very protective which is why very little information gets out about them but I think more people are becoming aware of it everyday. Laura has this strong hold over them - she is a hynotist I guess that is why. She uses the 'cassiopeans' as a means of controllong the group its a very, very sad situation.

Re: New Age Sci-Fi Scenario Channeling Type Groups
Posted by: Brynhild Tudor ()
Date: November 13, 2010 03:19PM

To the OP,
I've had plenty of experience with alien/ascension/conspiracy theories, more than I want to know. Thanks to the good people on this board, I can now laugh at the utter ridiculousness of these things, half of which I actually used to believe! I often frequented the site
www.salrachele.com
There's a ten-part Earth History series in the channelings section. Think X-files meets Star Wars with a dose of Lord of the Rings. He was also involved in A Course in Miracles, plus, it seems, a disciple of Dawkins and Icky (Oh I'm sorry was that a typo? Not!) So I can see how these things conveniently intertwine. Of course, according to Icky(e) and Co. it's us mere mortals who are ignorant of the true facts!

Here's an out-there belief for you, if you thought you heard everything. It's like otherkin on speed. Remember when Lord of the Rings came out? Well, some of the people who read the books and saw the films claim to be elves masquerading as humans after coming to earth from their original homelands of Rivendell and Lothlorien, which they do journey meditations to from time to time. I'm not kidding. Somebody created a religion out of it, using the Tolkien appendecies books as source material. Holidays and everything.

I'm seeing a striking connection between new age beliefs, sci-fi and mental illness. Hmmm...

The documentary Religulous, which can be seen in its entirety on youtube, touches on these beliefs and how weird they seem. The premise is that the beliefs of mainstream religions weren't weird enough, so they had to come up with something even stranger...
You can watch the documentary here.
[video.google.com]#

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.