Unification Church?
Date: April 13, 2009 05:15AM

I read the Wikipedia article on it, but it wasn't too informative. Are these the same people who used to go around handing out flowers?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Unification Church?
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: April 13, 2009 05:31AM

Yes, but they sold the flowers for "donations."

And they still have mobile fund-raising teams working in cities across America.

Today Rev. Moon is very rich man, with an estimated wealth of more than $3 billion. He owns a substantial portion of the U.S. fishing fleet, wholesale sushi market, the Washington Times and United Press International wire service.

See [www.culteducation.com]

Moon's followers still consider him the "messiah," but he is a very old man nearing death.

It seems his children will carry on with the church and his business empire.

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: April 13, 2009 09:35AM

Also see the excellent Canadian film "Ticket to Heaven" which is available online and in stores for sale on DVD (Under $10USD so I hear). It takes on an imaginary cult (clearly based on the Unification Church) showing the recruitment and the eventual rescue of the lead character by a famous 'de-programmer'(Rick Ross as a younger man? just kidding, Rick). It is worth the look and explains not only how the Unification Church breaks people down but how other vile cults have used the same techniques.

Date: April 13, 2009 08:15PM

....and to think that I have driven right by the gentlemans home in Hannam-dong Seoul, on several occasions...

..I met a "Moonie" (not a term they use to describe themselves of course) a few years ago....She was an American woman who had been directed to marry a Korean man (who was also part of the "Church")...I presume in one of those famous mass weddings...and who now lives in Korea....I raised the matter of some of the concerns that people hold about the Unification Church and she just laughed it off....none of the allegations happen now (if they ever did)...in her experience,....Reverend Moon was just a lovely man some people misunderstood she assured me...(I didn't push the matter any further!)

In "Korean" culture, naked "power" in any form, and no matter how that power was won....once held,it wins "respect"....hence no one here (Govt or Law Enforcement Agencies) has any interest whatsoever in pursuing the Unification Church......(who would be a "hard target" politically).....

Once you are "big enough", (and a little discreet!)..no one touches you here!

.....a cults' paradise in many regards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2009 08:17PM by Malcolm Wesley WREST.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.