Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Scientology front band -- Jive Aces
Posted by: glam ()
Date: September 28, 2004 09:39PM

I was waiting for one of the links to pop up a picture of a Borg (Star Trek fans will understand) stating that " we will assimilate you, resistance is futile."

Hi, Jim! I see you figured out how to get on to the chat board here!

But you really weren't going to go out and "cut a rug" to their music, were you?

Sure was! In fact, the only reason I know they front for CO$ was because I was so psyched to see them, I checked them out at a swing site hoping they were making another appearance, because I missed the first one.

My advice to any swing fans, if you go, don't drink the Kool Aid!!!!

Better they go to a Landmark Forum, eh Jim? Of course, my advice to every swing fan across America was, simply, "Don't go!" Ain't the Internet grand?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paulkeith ()
Date: September 29, 2004 07:32AM

Hi Glam,

Who is Jim????

And why would anyone want to go to the Landmark Forum? All that strange psycho-babble new age speak from glassy-eyed people with that bullshit enlightenment look on their faces. That "I know something you don't" look. I find it very pretentious, actually.

I'd probably prefer the musical sounds from the "Borg collective" of jiveaces.

Good call on the group and their website, again.

But if Scientology's best attempt to impress is Jiveaces, Tom Cruise, Kirsty Allie and Isaac Hayes---well I think the Federation is safe from the Borg for now!!!

Date: September 29, 2004 11:35AM

Oh, I get it!

You're not Jim. :wink: :wink:

Here's the problem, though: The minute you start posting what you really believe, you'll be banned from here.

In the meantime, pretending not to like Landmark only helps unsell it. Which is totally cool by me.

Pretend away!

~"Not Glam" :wink: :wink:

Posted by: paulkeith ()
Date: September 30, 2004 12:42AM

Glam---

Why would someone be banned for voicing a differing opinion?? Seems like disagreement would elevate the discourse by displaying opposing points of view?

sincerely,

"Not" Jim

Date: September 30, 2004 06:13AM

OK, Jim/Paul...

Why don't you try offering us your differing opinion? I for one would like to know what you're doing here, since you refuse to give an honest answer. Why not tell us about your friends' fabulous experiences with Landmark, experiences with which they apparently had no complaints, yet they screened their calls to avoid the Landmark "office."

Also, perhaps you can explain why, with all the threads on this board about groups of all sorts, and people of all sorts, and your own insistence that Landmark isn't your first concern, you've decided to single me out to chat with.

Geez, Jim/Paul, I'm beginning to think you have a crush on me or somethin'.

~Glam (batting eyelashes)

Posted by: acacias1 ()
Date: October 01, 2004 02:34AM

they were quite good. saw them sunday at the grand opening....as i was out there stopping people from going into the newly opened 'church' and explaining who/what the Scienos are. it was a little hard to stop people from going in, because this is new york city, and they were serving free food ***sigh**** not to mention, issac hayes was in there....***double sigh****

now back to our regularly scheduled program.....

peace,
acacias

Date: October 02, 2004 01:31AM

You're brave to show up and try to help people. It seems pretty much all this band does is travel the world promoting Scientology and Narcanon.

The Jive Aces, UK's No. 1 swing band launch swing party for the release of their album at the "100 Club".

M2 Presswire; 5/20/2003

M2 PRESSWIRE-20 May 2003-CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY: The Jive Aces, UK's No. 1 swing band launch swing party for the release of their album at the "100 Club"(C)1994-2003 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD
RDATE:05202003
The Jive Aces are the UK's No. 1 Jive & Swing Band. You can catch their breath taking show at the "100 Club" on the 19th of May between 8.30 and 10.30pm. Different Jazz personalities will be participating to launch the release of their album "Planet Jive" across the UK. This includes Mr. Lionel Blair, who recently recorded an Album with the Jive Aces. He will be attending the party this evening and he is going to sing a song with the Band.

--------------
Leah Remini and The Jive Aces at Scientology Celebrity Centre 10th Annual Fund Raiser

12-07-2002

HOLLYWOOD - DECEMBER 7: Actress Leah Remini (C) poses with The Jive Aces during the Church of Scientology's fundraiser, "Christmas Stories X" to benefit the Hollywood Police Activities League on December 7, 2002 at the Scientology Celebrity Centre in Hollywood, California. The Police Activities League (PAL) is a national youth development program operated by police officers. (Photo by Robert Mora/Getty Images)

--------------------

Jerusalem Post; 12/3/2000; Olga Yael Hartmann, AP, Reuters

The sextet Jive Aces will play at Beit Lessin on Wednesday night. Britain's top jive band, known for their virtually boundless energy, have appeared on BBC, MTV, and CNN among other television shows. Vocalist Ian Clarkson calls jump jive music "an international language." Having already toured North America, this is the band's first visit here. The group will also play a shorter set - for free - at Dizengoff Square in Tel Aviv tomorrow night. Viva Sarah Press

The poor guys must be exhausted. And have no personal lives!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.