Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Scientology front band -- Jive Aces
Posted by: glam ()
Date: September 27, 2004 05:56AM

I was all excited to go check out the Jive Aces swing band while they were playing here in NY (I'm a swing dancer), when what should I discover but they're a front for the Church of Scientology!

[www.jiveaces.com]

This is so sad. How many snakelike arms does this org HAVE?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: paulkeith ()
Date: September 27, 2004 12:36PM

Hi Glam,

Firstly, was Jiveaces any good? They played at Montreaux so they must not be to shabby.

Secondly, why do you care what thet believe in? They seemed to be promoting an anti-drug message on their website related to what I'm assuming is their religion, Scientology.

Although I don't care to be proselytized while entertained I must say your comments ring of religious intolerance at best.

Would you call this band a front for the Catholic Church if they promoted a "just say no to abortion" message and supplied a link to the Catholic Church?

Date: September 28, 2004 12:11AM

Secondly, why do you care what thet believe in? They seemed to be promoting an anti-drug message on their website related to what I'm assuming is their religion, Scientology.

But you told me in a private email that "you and I may not see Scientology as a religion." In fact, you said of the e-meter event: "What a racket!"

Although I don't care to be proselytized while entertained I must say your comments ring of religious intolerance at best.

Again, although you accuse me here of "religious intolerance," you've said over private email that you don't consider CO$ a religion. Huh?

You're giving yourself away here.

Date: September 28, 2004 02:27AM

Glam wrote---

But you told me in a private email that "you and I may not see Scientology as a religion." In fact, you said of the e-meter event: "What a racket!"

I think most religions are a racket. I also think that ones persons cult is another person’s religion. Just ask a radical Muslim what they think of Judaism or Christianity. Or ask an Evangelical Christian what they think of any religion other than their’s.

So for me, they’re all cults. The major world religions are just cults that became mainstream.

If jiveaces gets their mojo goin’ by believing L. Ron’s Sci-Fi beliefs, so be it.

It’s all weird to me. Have you heard about the religion that believes their God was born from a woman that was a virgin? Way out there!!!

So my questions were:

Was jiveaces any good?

And

Why do you care what they believe?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 28, 2004 02:38AM

Mr. Keith:

There you go again.

It seems your purpose is to subvert this board.

Scientology and Landmark have faced lawsuits for personal injury and have deeply troubled histories.

See the following links:

[www.culteducation.com]

[www.culteducation.com]

Needless to say, mainstream religions have hurt people too, but this would not obviate concerns about so-called "cults" and controversial groups like Landmark.

Believe or don't believe, whatever you want.

But the point is behavior, not belief.

If the behavior of a group hurts people that is a concern.

Date: September 28, 2004 03:32AM

It’s all weird to me. Have you heard about the religion that believes their God was born from a woman that was a virgin? Way out there!!!

Why are you on this board? You must know what the Rick Ross site is about -- cults -- or you never would have found it, and you certainly wouldn't waste your time signing up and posting here.

If it's true that your friends got good results with Landmark, and you've never attended a seminar, you never, ever would have any reason whatsoever to come here. You'd never even have any reason to know or care about this site. You wouldn't know that Scientology or Landmark were discussed here; you wouldn't even know they're considered cults.

And to start attacking me with your very first posts! You're not even being subtle about it, for goodness' sake. You've been more clever in the past.

The only person you're fooling here is yourself.

Date: September 28, 2004 03:39AM

rrmoderator wrote----

"If the behavior of a group hurts people that is a concern."

Fair enough. Contrary to what Glam may think, I know virtually nothing about Scientology. They're just another strange group to me. I know a fair number of people that have done Landmark but I haven't heard many complaints. A few have screened there calls with caller-id to avoid the office or whatever they call it. I screen all my calls. But not because cults are calling. Mostly unwanted telemarketers.

I just didn't get the reference that some musical group was fronting for Scientology.

Sorry if I don't see it a s such an eminent threat to western civilization.

I'm more concerned with Hamas, Hezbollah and Al Qaeda--- to name a few.

I still don't see my comments as being subversive. Well, I'll let others be the judge of that.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: September 28, 2004 05:35AM

Mr. Keith:

Again you seem to be attempting to minimize the suffering of others.

No one said there is "an eminent threat to western civilization."

And concern about "Hamas, Hezbollah and Al Qaeda" does not obviate the bad behavior of others.

Looks like you are here as an apologist and/or generally to subert the posts of others.

Date: September 28, 2004 09:20AM

I know a fair number of people that have done Landmark but I haven't heard many complaints. A few have screened there calls with caller-id to avoid the office or whatever they call it.

They have no complaints, but they're screening their calls? You don't think getting too many annoying calls and having to screen them is a complaint? And how would you know about the call screening?

I just didn't get the reference that some musical group was fronting for Scientology.

Why not? I posted the link, you either visited it or knew about it in advance (you referenced it in an earlier post), and Scientology is all over their site -- in fact, it's been copyrighted by CO$, so what's not to get?

Your continuing private emails to me only expose you further.

Date: September 28, 2004 12:56PM

I have to apologize to Glam. Upon further review of the Jiveaces website it does seems to be nothing more than a portal to Scientology disguised as a website for a musical group.

I looked and looked for their concert schedule but almost every link brought me to another layer of L. Ron Hubbard's books or info on Scientology. And it appears the site itself is constructed by Scientology.

You are correct Glam. I apologize unconditionally.

I was waiting for one of the links to pop up a picture of a Borg (Star Trek fans will understand) stating that " we will assimilate you, resistance is futile."

But you really weren't going to go out and "cut a rug" to their music, were you?

My advice to any swing fans, if you go, don't drink the Kool Aid!!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.