Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: IDEAS on how to KICK-OUT byron katie from your Mind-Soul-Life fore
Posted by: quackdave ()
Date: April 03, 2009 08:52PM

I have that book, and it's amazing. Erickson, who was ill and immobile as a child, spent a lot of time "people watching", which gave him a very special edge with how to size people up and understand what makes them tick. Sadly, people like Kockroach-Katie and her bunch use the techniques to get rich at the expense of people's minds and lives. Erickson used his powers for good, as it turns out.

It's a good thing Erickson was honorable, because his talent far exceeded the schlocks of today. He would have made Katie look like an amateur, in contrast. All these assholes can do is copy, thankfully, and not re-create the genius.

Just my 2 centavos.

qd

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IDEAS on how to KICK-OUT byron katie from your Mind-Soul-Life forever
Posted by: scrambledeggs ()
Date: April 06, 2009 09:12AM

There is a parable that Katie tells, usually to the victims of domestic abuse:
[Paraphrased] You're walking along and you see a fenced yard with a sign on the gate that says: "This dog bites". But you go in the yard anyway to pet the dog and the dog bites you. The dog is your husband and YOU bit you the moment you walked in that yard.

For me, Katie is the dog in this story. However, I never saw the sign on the gate until I finally got out of the yard.

IDEAS on how to KICK-OUT byron katie from your Mind-Soul-Life for life
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 06, 2009 09:35AM

a couple more ideas.

Submodalities:
one can use submodalities from NLP to deal with internal imagery.
For example, if there are residual images of byron katie bouncing around in one's mind, you can use a technique from NLP to get rid of them.
You just imagine those images are on a old TV set. Then you mute the volume.
Then take the contrast/whiteness, and turn it all the way up, and completely WHITE-OUT any image with BK in it.
That can be combined with a Swish pattern, which is explained in NLP.
So anytime one thinks of BK in the future, you can just white-it-out, and replace it with something you prefer.
Of course, that is more for just residual images.

Timeline Rescripting:

is another techique, very powerful. You go back in your imagination to the time right before BK first "got you". So maybe right before the time she stared into your eyes for 20 minutes, etc. Then you allow that image to play out for a moment.
Then you have your current self from now, walk into that past imaginal scene, and yell STOP. Then your future self, explains to your past naive self what is happening in that moment. you play it out, the entire scene and drama, even arguing with BK and calling her on her bullshit to her face.

then once that is explained, you take your past self, and leave the seminar scene, forever. you permanently remove your past self from those seminars, coachings, parlors, etc.
You could even imagine yourself getting up in front of the other people there, and assertively explaining what happened, and why you are leaving the seminar, etc.
And you naturally express the real emotions you feel toward the perp, even anger and rage. Its only imagination, and research is showing its essential to play that out honestly.

So what is happening, are those past memories are being modified, and rescripted to get rid of the negative influences.

STORIES:
notice that BK repeats her official roach Story hundreds of times, until you can't stand it anymore. A person could construct a NEW story for BK, based on facts, and write it out. This new story, based on the facts of reality, is then repeated and learned better than the old story.

REPETITION:
these types of techniques have to be repeated many times, not just once. In IRRT, they talk about doing it 15-30 min a day, for 30 days, or longer.
If someone did that rescripting properly, for the extended time period, it could really work.
But just doing it once, is not going to stick.
Look at how BK works, she does things hundreds of times in repetition over years, as they know how this stuff works.
Eventually, over some time, she will pushed out of the consciousness, until she is but a tiny bad memory from the past.

Warning Sign: "This dog bites" Byron Katie BITES
Date: April 06, 2009 10:50AM

scrambledeggs
There is a parable that Katie tells, usually to the victims of domestic abuse:
[Paraphrased] You're walking along and you see a fenced yard with a sign on the gate that says: "This dog bites". But you go in the yard anyway to pet the dog and the dog bites you. The dog is your husband and YOU bit you the moment you walked in that yard.

For me, Katie is the dog in this story. However, I never saw the sign on the gate until I finally got out of the yard.

very interesting parable, thx for that.
Its very helpful to deconstruct those stories.
(one will notice that these modern parables/stories of BK, are version's of the Ericksonian teaching tales, using images, language, embedded symbolic meanings, etc).
Also, BK constantly uses HER stories, but you are supposed to drop your stories, and take on her carefully written stories.

But as far as the sign on the Byron Katie fence...the sign says...
WELCOME TO YOUR NEW LOVING FAMILY!! COME ON IN!! We all love you honey!
If anyone reads the PR marketing pages for BK, that is what its says, its a Love-Bomb. Only once you get inside the gate, the story/signs change rather quickly.

But one can see her blaming the victim, even for domestic abuse. Of course, the first time a person is beaten up, that is not their fault. They don't make people beat them up.
The real question is why do some people stay in abusive relationships? Have to leave that to the trained experts in family therapy, which BK is NOT. She has ZERO knowledge or training in that area. She knows nothing about it.
But the experts seem to say people stay in abusive relationships for very complex reasons, right?
But the key is making a plan to get out, and get away, and having healthy boundaries, etc. But its just more abuse to blame the victim.

It seems the real lesson of this BK parable/story, is when there are WARNING SIGNS [www.culteducation.com] one should pay heed to them.
So if people are saying...THIS DOG BITES..., and showing the teeth marks and wounds, then its a good idea to listen to that.
One might even use the word for a female canine, in "this dog bites"...starts with a "B".

Warning Sign: Byron Katie BITES

Re: Warning Sign: "This dog bites" Byron Katie BITES
Posted by: helpme2times ()
Date: April 06, 2009 10:54PM

The Anticult
One might even use the word for a female canine, in "this dog bites"...starts with a "B".

Warning Sign: Byron Katie BITES
Very helpful, thanks.

How about a sort of turnaround on this: Beeyotch Katie? Bite me!

Date: April 07, 2009 10:23AM

but, she has already bitten!

yes, The Work has sharp teeth.
This story about the dog-biting, is also about how when you get BITTEN by the BK Work then its your fault. Its more self-blaming of the victim. Its about hammering down those healthy boundaries people have.

Similar to grooming people for Detachment.

It really is amazing how cleverly the BK system is set-up. They have taken concepts from most gurus of the past, detachment, surrender, self-blame, and they have tweaked the system.
Originally you were supposed to surrender to God, not to a person or for-profit company.
and to detach from greed, and lust, and not hand your stuff to a person or for-profit company.

They've taken the classical ancient impulses, and just changed the destination, to convince people to completely Surrender to The Work which is Byron Katie. Of course, they deny that on the surface, but that is exactly what is being engineered.

This one is going to go down into the mind-fuck hall of fame once all the dirty laundry comes out.
The disturbing thing, is others would have started to copy her methods already, as this is the next generation of group persuasion. Its beyond Landmark, far beyond Scientology, far beyond PSI seminars.
Its easy to see why its so difficult for people to get out of it.

How do you escape a mental checkmate?

you check the videotape to see where they cheated and broke the rules, then you knock the chess board over, and walk out.

Date: April 08, 2009 01:05AM

The Anticult

Good point.

A "bite me!" stance doesn't seem strong enough for the likes of BK.

BK is a lot like the word "bark".

One could imagine her as a little Shih-tzu, yapping away.

(No offense to Shih-tzu's.)

Posted by: Pilot ()
Date: April 08, 2009 12:36PM

helpme2times
The Anticult

Good point.

A "bite me!" stance doesn't seem strong enough for the likes of BK.

BK is a lot like the word "bark".

One could imagine her as a little Shih-tzu, yapping away.

(No offense to Shih-tzu's.)

Thanks for saying no offense to Shih-Tzus!!

They too expect to be adored, but are worthy.

When I think about how much these schools of hers cost-and the number of people who go time after time-and can afford it!! Ugh, I wish they would put their money somewhere else. The Businesswoman Katie vs. the on-stage honey baby darlin Katie that people have described is a huge red flag and hopefully will dampen the excitement of anyone thinking of shelling out to her. The worst part is she is actually driving people into debt to essentially get close to her. What she is trying to sell can't be bought, and she makes people think it can.

Patriarchy in a skirt somebody said ...I'll say. A capitalist piglette she is, and shame on her for reaching so far into the hearts of people. She deserves a spectacular fall.

Date: April 08, 2009 08:03PM

Pilot
Thanks for saying no offense to Shih-Tzus!!

They too expect to be adored, but are worthy.

When I think about how much these schools of hers cost-and the number of people who go time after time-and can afford it!! Ugh, I wish they would put their money somewhere else. The Businesswoman Katie vs. the on-stage honey baby darlin Katie that people have described is a huge red flag and hopefully will dampen the excitement of anyone thinking of shelling out to her. The worst part is she is actually driving people into debt to essentially get close to her. What she is trying to sell can't be bought, and she makes people think it can.

Patriarchy in a skirt somebody said ...I'll say. A capitalist piglette she is, and shame on her for reaching so far into the hearts of people. She deserves a spectacular fall.
Signs indicate she is cracking. In a thread re a recent Byron Katie event at the Guruphiliac forum, "arienariadne" reported that BK displayed anger, stress, etc. and was never seen on stage with any participant. It also seemed that she was in conflict with more than one staff member.

You're right, Shih-Tzus are worth of being adored. I take back the comparison to them.

Really BK is best seen as a cockroach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 08:04PM by helpme2times.

Re: IDEAS on how to KICK-OUT byron katie from your Mind-Soul-Life forever
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: April 08, 2009 10:43PM

The Power of Personal Story

Anticult

April 05, 2009 06:50PM

Also, BK constantly uses HER stories, but you are supposed to drop your stories, and take on her carefully written stories.
[forum.culteducation.com]

Annariadne wrote on Guruphliacs forum

At all times, there was a staff member in the back of the room speaking very softly into a dictophone, recording every story and event. Katie's books are largely made up of these stories and a release is signed at the beginning, giving permission for your stories to be used. One could literally feel the next book taking shape in that room.

It might have been a "voluntary" exploitation, but exploitation it was, nonetheless. More later.

26th March 15:18 p.m.

[guruphiliac.lefora.com]

The context in which the staff member was sitting in the back of the room, speaking very softly into a dictophone:

The Shame module was perhaps the most disturbing unit in the School. I believe this took place in the morning of Day Three, although I admit to losing track of what day it was (we were always either in the windowless conference room, on the 30-minute silent and led walks around the blocks nearby, or, briefly, on the grassy lawn in front of the hotel or in the halls of the hotel when we were set free to do The Work with a partner).

In the Shame unit, we were instructed to write down the thing we'd done in our lives that we were most ashamed of, then take the mike and tell the whole group, then do The Work on it with a partner.

Shaming is a subtle but powerful component of psychological abuse used in every torture and mind control process. People stood up and, sobbing or preening, revealed everything from bestiality and zoophilia to embarrassing physical features, infidelity to poor parenting that bordered on abuse.

Many people told of having been abused and shamed by that.

The reward for producing a novel or particularly painful shame experience was Katie's cooing, warm approval and attention.

This was such a powerful exercise that, for the next few days, Katie would interrupt whatever exercise was in process to say that so-and-so desired to tell about their shame.

Folks who had kept quiet during the Shame module apparently could not resist being part of it all, taking that microphone, and joining Katie's "family." Although Katie said, after the confessions had begun, that we should not reveal anything illegal, many seemed not to understand that bestiality, child abuse, etc., were illegal in the US.

Carl Jung, traveled to Africa prior to World War II. He describes meeting a clan who lived on the slopes of Mt Elgon, at the headlands of the Nile River.

‘I was naturally much interested in the native’s dreams’ Jung writes ‘but at first could not get them to tell me any…nothing helped. I could never completely explain their shyness about telling dreams. I suspect the reason was fear and distrust. It is well known that Negroes* are afraid of being photographed; they fear that anyone who takes a picture of them is robbing them of their soul, and perhaps they likewise fear that harm may come to them from anyone who has knowledge of their dreams.

(Jung, Memories Dreams and Reflections, Page 265.)

*(Jungs term for indigenous tribes of Africa…these were the years before we learned to clean up our language)

Earlier Jung described a visit to the Pueblo tribe of Taos, New Mexico, in the 1920s.

Chief Ochwaiy Biano said something to Jung about the Americans.

See”, Ochwaiy Biano said, ‘how cruel the whites look. Their lips are thin, their noses sharp, their faces furrowed and distorted by folds. Their eyes have a staring expression; they are always seeking something. What are they seeking? The whites always want something; they are always uneasy and restless. We do not know what they want. We do not understand them. We think they are mad. …Why” said the chief, ‘do the Americans not let us alone? Why do they want to forbid our dances? Why do they make difficulties when they want to take our young people from school in order to lead them to the kiva (site of the rituals) and instruct them in our religion? We do nothing to harm the Americans!”

After a prolonged silence he continued. ‘The Americans want to stamp out our religion. Why can they not let us alone?’ (Jung, Memories, Dreams and Reflections) Pages 250-252)

Why can Byron Katie not leave us alone?

Why can Byron Katie’s recruiters not stay out of our kivas (12 step meetings) , not use them to empire build for BK?

Jung, earlier in this interview with Chief Ochwaiy Biano, fell into a reverie as the Chief spoke of the craving and staring eyes of the white Americans: Here is Jung, born a white European, a Swiss, citizen of a region that had been colonized first by the Romans, Christianized by the Romans, later ruled by the native born Habsburgs and that had been the first to free itself from the Habsburgs in a series of battles won against Habsburg armored knights by Swiss pikemen and mountaineers fighting on foot and as insurgents in mountain passes—defeating and killing Duke Leopold of Habsburg at the Battle of Sempach..

Writes Jung; ‘

I fell into a long meditation. .I felt rising within me like a shapeless mist something unknown and deeply familiar. And out of this mist, image upon image detached itself; first, Roman legions smashing into Gaul and the keenly incised features of Julius Caesar, Scipio Africanus, and Pompey. I saw the Roman eagle on the banks of the North Sea and on the banks of the White Nile. Then I saw St. Augustine transmitting the Christian creed to the Britons on the tips of Roman lances and Charlemagnes most glorioius forced conversions of the heathen; then the pillaging and murdering bands of the Crusader armies. With a secret stab I realized the hollowness of that old Romanticism about the Crusades.

'Then followed Columbus, Cortes, and the other conquistadors who with fire, sword, torture, and Christianity came down upon even these remote pueblos dreaming peacefully in the Sun, their Father. I saw too the peoples of the Pacific Islands decimated by firewater, syphilis, and scarlet fever, carried in the clothes the missionaries forced on them.

‘It was enough. What we from our point of view call colonization missions to the heathen, spread of civilization, etc has another face—the face of a bird of prey seeking with cruel intentness for distant quarry—a face worthy of a race of pirates and highway men. All the eagles and other predatory creatures that adorn our coats of arms seem to me pat psychological representatives of our true nature.
(Jung, Memories Dreams and Reflections, page 248-49)

The face of craving.

It is interesting eh, that Christin Loren Weber tells us BK resembled a bird of prey.

How can someone who craves free us from craving?

It was bad enough someone once tried to stop the Taos Pueblo from practicing their religion.

But its another thing when someone not only tries to detach you from your own stories, to substitiute HER story--yet, according to Annaariadne is reportedly appropriating the stories that once belonged to you, that you are told are valueless so long as they are your stories, but that may become valuable if incorporated into the Falcon’s Story, She of the Glittering Eyes, ever hungry but never satisfied.

Do not forget that all despotisms try to take control of a conquered people's history.

Their story.

The refusal of the Elgonyi to tell their dreams to a stranger, their conviction that even to be photographed meant the risk of losing their souls or core selves, is a teaching
worth remembering in this day when so many of us are sacrificing privacy.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2009 10:51PM by corboy.

Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.