Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: March 02, 2009 08:29AM

Does anybody know anything about, or has anybody had any experience with, the group known as Avatar (aka Star's Edge)? From what I can see it's re-hashed neo-Scientology.

[www.petitiononline.com]

* The founder and sole owner of Star's Edge, Harry Palmer, operated a Church of Scientology Mission in Elmira, New York for 15 years. After he was excommunicated in 1986, he soon introduced the Avatar Course.
* Palmer claimed the course resulted from revelations gained during a prolonged series of "sensory deprivation" sessions in a flotation tank. He promoted the course to former Scientologists as providing "the entire span of the Scientology bridge, the Buddhic path and beyond."
* Over the past decade, Palmer has broadly advertised himself as an educational psychologist. This unlicensed imposture as a health care professional is a felony in Florida and throughout the US. In truth, Palmer never received a degree in psychology, and has never held any credential or license as a psychologist. His college degree was in secondary education, and he was certified in New York to teach high school English.
* The basic Avatar Course consists of mental processes that induce a state of hypnotic trance. They are similar to those taught in Scientology, Raja yoga, Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Buddhist meditation, among other practices. Yet the materials are represented as "confidential," and students are required to sign a nondisclosure agreement that defines them as unpublished trade secrets.
* Avatar Course trainers engage in mental manipulation by indoctrinating vulnerable students into the belief that the Avatar "network" is key to creating an Enlightened Planetary Civilization that holds the key to solving the woes of mankind.

Best info site:

[www.avatarcult.info]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Avatar/Star's Edge/Harry Palmer
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: March 02, 2009 01:11PM

Oerlikon:

I have looked for references in the Rick Ross index and found nothing about Star's edge...however for those interested check out their website:

[www.avatarepc.com]

There is little doubt these folks are "questionable". Understand, this is NOT Rick Ross suggesting this, only ME (as in me, myself and I). These folks are clearly questionable (from their website). I would avoid this group with a 20 foot pole (a 10 foot pole would make me get to close to these "intellectuals".

Posted by: Oerlikon ()
Date: March 02, 2009 01:51PM

This kind of reminds me of the fictitious group called "MindHead", from that movie Bowfinger. It looks like crypto-Scientology type stuff.

Avatar/Star's Edge/Harry Palmer Avatarcult.info
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 02, 2009 03:54PM

Avatar Course is very bad, its a "nine-day experiential self-development course" LGAT, and it gets much worse from there. pure exploitation.

search Google for:

www.avatarcult.info
[www.xs4all.nl]

[www.culteducation.com]

[forum.culteducation.com]

"THE NEW PSYCHO-CULTS"
[forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: March 02, 2009 11:09PM

Go to Google, go to 'More' and go to 'Groups' and then do a search. There may be plenty of information on the Google listserves.

[www.google.com]

Eldon M. Braun has done a lot of work in this area. Include 'Eldon' in your searches and see what you get.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.