Current Page: 30 of 37
Re: The Gnostic Movement/Gnosticweb lead by Mark H. Pritchard (Belzebuub)
Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: June 07, 2010 11:13AM

Can anyone bring me up to date on what this secret quest is and also what the deal with the new book?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: savedatlast ()
Date: June 07, 2010 11:20AM

expense account, salary, stipend, dividend, allowance, it doesn't really matter what you call it, that is just semantics.

saying one thing to your students and doing something different yourself is what makes you fall into the category of a cheat.

if you have all this awakened consciousness, all this knowledge, insight, psychological understanding, mastery, etc. etc. etc. not only should you be able to dwell in the spiritual, you should be able to embrace the physical.

monks burned themselves in the street in perfect meditation to protest the vietnam war, that shows a high degree of skill.

a master who claims to be the only true one, whose school is the only true one, who has all the answers to everything if you follow him, has no need of anyone's money. He could start any business, do any kind of investment, understand a job more rapidly than the most skilled Phd. In the case of gnosis this is what is being taught, to be conscious to understand life the universe and everything.

So don't show me a bunch of losers scratching about for $100,000 of donations for some crappy house in the woods.

Don't show me a master that has to scrounge money from his own students just to pay his rent and bills, help himself to assets and throw people out who complain about it. This is bull, plain and simple bull.

Before and after Mark Pritchard claimed to be a master he was seen as a sickly man, an obsessive complusive, a manic depressive, impossible to work with, incredibly indecisive, basically one of lifes losers.

The only reason he has money and a roof over his head at all, is because with the help of his fanatical psychopathic wife, he has managed to develop his narcissistic messanic split personality known as Belzebuub, and gather a bunch of followers around him that are more deluded and insane than he is himself.

Date: June 07, 2010 11:31AM

Oh and going back to the main topic, The Key factors that make it a cult :

1.) An overwhelming focus on spreading the message and aquiring money.

If the master is immortal what is the big hurry already ?

Oh sorry I forgot the apocalypse is coming soon, so we don't have time, how convenient. The apocalypse has been coming for more than 10,000 years, I think the master can afford a couple of decades to build his own war chest than scrounge off other peoples wages. He'd only have to build a fortune 500 company in 20-30 years, mere mortals have done it in less, and then he'd have all the money he needs to spread the word. Doesn't divine consciousness and insight extend into business management ? I guess not since most gnostics especially Mr. Pritchard have been shown to be cluess incompent losers.

2.) Expecting people to work for free / very little and give donations, assets etc. while the master benefits and gives nothing.

Oh sorry I forget you write all the books and oversee everything, but isn't that the universal information that can't be bought or sold ? Aren't your books just a rehash of previous masters anyway ?

3.) Cutting people off from other information, making it so they are isolated, everyone else is an outsider and those within the group are in on the big secret so to speak. All other information is rubbish or corrupted, only the masters group has the ture knowledge.

So much for embracing life the universe and everything.

4.) Being preoccupied with public image and using it to leverage peoples obidience inside the organisation, when the external reality is no one gives a damn about your crumby organisation and what clothes, hair cuts, language etc. people use.

there are many others, you can find them on this website, but its clear that Master Belzebubs Gnostic Movement falls into all of these.

[www.factnet.org]

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Those that can do.... those that can't teach....

Date: June 07, 2010 12:20PM

It might be helpful to mention here that the Pritchards were not even creative enough to learn these manipulation techniques themselves. All they did was pick up the techques of manipulation, excuses and method for attacking others that are practiced by all other "Samael Aun Weor" and put it to their own means.

Victor Gomez had a long history of exposure to manipulative schools of thought starting off with his student days in a Jesuit school (Jesuitical anyone?). After that he jumped around to various "Secret Societies" and "Esoteric" schools in south America. To at least some degree he had exposure to Theosphist ideas, a group that tends to be much more liberal. But he was also clearly exposed to some of the more Roisecrucian schools. Certainly the FRA (whose founder a professed admiration for Hitler) is included in that and AMORC (a group with many accounts on this site) is also likely.

Date: June 07, 2010 12:28PM

Carl Jung had something very helpful to say about Secret societies btw.

It goes something like this 'There are no such thing as secret societies. Or rather there are no societies with Secret Knowledge but the belief that they have secret knowledge'

He goes on to tell us that those beliefs are in themselves very insightful for what they can tell us about the inner workings of the psyche. The quote above (which I'm recalling from memory) is from Jung Alchemy and Psychology. It is an important work for those who are interestef in the matters which the Gnostic movement fails miserably on.

Date: June 07, 2010 12:37PM

Well the most interesting thing about all these kinds of groups is that there is never a conscious intention to manipulate, control and brainwash people, it just goes with the territory. No one sits down and invents mind control techniques. Its not a planned fraud or con, like a white collar swindle.

Research carried out during World War 2 showed that in small groups of soliders, the most psychopathic person would take control of a group, and in the absence of a psychopath, a narcissisit would take control. The nice people would be the followers. Those in charge either enjoyed putting the others in their place, or had a misplaced idea about their abilities and intelligence being better than those around them. Its been the same in the experiments with students putting some as jailers and others as inmates, the experiments had to be stopped because the guards became so agressive, and it was just an imaginary test situation. They were all students of the same psychology class.

Of course in GM we find the combination of both narcissist and psychopath, since Mr. Pritchard is the narcissist, and his wife the psychopath.

But neither of them have particularly planned their methods, its just the way that lifes losers, with disbalanced psychologies take control of lifes sheep. If it wasn't them it would be someone else, and infact there are plenty groups worse than the GM, its about the only postive thing you can say about them.... at least they are not abusing children, holding people hostage, or stock piling machine guns.......not yet anyway.

Posted by: Keir ()
Date: June 10, 2010 02:14AM

Well said savedatlast.

Date: June 10, 2010 02:20AM

Going slightly off topic.

I remember one of the things my exinstructor taught was that "one really dont need sleep. All you need is meditation" (paraphrase). In retrospect its nothing but sleep deprivation. A method often used by cults to break down the will power and critical mind of the student.

Date: June 11, 2010 02:39PM

[jszimhart.com]

A most excellent article that debunks not only Mark Pritchard aka. Belzebuub and his Gnostic Movement, but gives a real and true perspective of all the other cults and nonsense in a similar messianic apocalyptic vein.

I've even found out from a little research that the Rosicrucians who are basically the grand fathers of all the new age clap trap, ideas of superior beings, masters, hierrachy, white lodge etc etc etc...... were an invention to try and upsurp the Church and State of the day, with a secret club of intellectuals and seekers, adhering to all kinds of doctrine.... ..... Think Brad Pitt's Fight Club for rich people, only with pentgrams and robes......

make people part of a club and a team.... hence Freemasonry..... since Rosicrucians obviously failed..... but all invented nonsense and gibberish, just a simple mind control and manipulation technique.

It all makes sense once you dig about a bit, its all man made invented nonsense with no actual proof and if followers were truely honest with themselves they would see they are just blindly chasing after the first few small experiences they had. I feel sorry for these pious fools.

The Rosicrucians are symptomatic of an effort to establish a hidden tradition, one that Plato called a "pious fraud"

Date: June 12, 2010 03:05PM

I agree. I think Blavatsky also added fuel to the fire especially with the Ascended Masters stuff.

Theres quite a few "masters" avatar" "buddhasatvas" etc. claimants out there.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_avatar_claimants

Current Page: 30 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.