Current Page: 28 of 37
Re: The Gnostic Movement/Gnosticweb lead by Mark H. Pritchard (Belzebuub)
Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: May 30, 2010 03:57AM

Glad to hear from you Master Chief. I look forward to hearing what you have to say. Please feel free to share whatever you like.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Gnostic Movement/Gnosticweb lead by Mark H. Pritchard (Belzebu
Posted by: MasterChiefBAR ()
Date: May 30, 2010 11:29AM

I think I might have several categories in which I could go into depth. I don't know how many I could classify, so I'll start off with the general intimidation/mind control.

I was an online student, but I made the effort to learn all that I could about their "system." I bought their books, I made the effort to attend online sessions, etc. I made it to their teacher's course, but I could never advance beyond that. I would always never be good enough; they would tell me things like "you have a good intellectual understanding of the material, but you need to gain more experience," or something along those lines. I went through several rounds of their teacher's course, and always met with the same excuses. I put my heart and soul into their way of doing things and could never advance to "really make my inner work take off." Tried I did, though, to change my life for the better.

Towards the end of my time there, they began to take on more of a hostile tone. Now, I knew that as a student of Gnosis I would always have difficulties in life; that life would be full of hardships. It has always been a thing in my family to talk about problems to get moral support - that's what a good group does. I thought my fellow "gnostics" could lift me up or give me advice to help me cope with my situation. One day, after a session, they sent me a horrible email saying along the lines of "You need to stop talking about your problems and talk about how you tried to practice the techniques." Being still somewhat afraid of their indoctrination, I put it aside and tried really hard for one last stretch to make it work. I thought that what I was going through was a "test" of my devotion.

Finally, I thought to myself "I should learn about the other sides of the story." That is, I thought I should study the opposition to Gnosticweb so I could come up with rebuttals (in case I had ever become a teacher). I ran across so much dirt that I decided to leave. My old username is now blocked and I can't log on to their site anymore (funny thing, though - I can still log in to my belzebuub.com account).

So here I am, learning all sides of the story with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Master Chief

Another thing, too. The sessions and things were cutting into my job. One time, a few weeks before I left, I told them I had to go and do some work for my job and I was met with "Okay, have a good time" in a somewhat cold tone.

Posted by: MasterChiefBAR ()
Date: May 30, 2010 12:12PM

Here's a really good one I came up with when researching modern "gnostic" doctrines.

Do a Google image search on Krumm Heller and other "masters". There are many pictures of him as a younger man and as an old man, while the modern SAW groups say that one can reverse aging by preserving the semen. If these "masters" have preserved the semen, why are they old? SAW visibly aged and passed away like the rest of us.

It doesn't make any sense.

Posted by: savedatlast ()
Date: May 31, 2010 01:36AM

why don't you put some links of the dirt you came across

Date: June 06, 2010 12:33PM

Just to add to what savedatlast wrote if anyone has any helpful links where people have criticized The Gnostic Movement that would be appreciated.

Also if you want to repost anything from any of the Gnostic Movement forums please do so as well, however I recommend you copy what you have on to this forum so you can ensure people will be able to read the discussions later.

Posted by: allboutgnosis ()
Date: June 06, 2010 06:45PM

I will mention a few lies that have been mentioned on their web sites. And some of them financial, since this is the main goal of Mark Pritchard’s Gnostic Movement at the moment.

A thread that was removed, was about the American Retreat project, where among other things a person posted questions why they have removed the European Retreat from the list since he has donated money towards that!

Apart from an aggressive reply from Patricia there was also a false reply from Steeve.

So one of the replies of Patricia was:

“Richard,
We have already made a statement explaining what happened and given tangible proof that can be followed by anyone wishing to discover that what we have stated is true.
Now, if there are other statements made about the organization, after we have explained the facts, those are opinions from people which have nothing to do with the tangible facts we have presented.
So, we are not going to make any further clarification on this matter since we have stated the clear facts.
Patricia”

She got a very good reply from Richard mentioning her internal state while she has been writing her reply...

And what Steeve falsely stated was:

‘Hello Richard,
I am one of the organizers of the European retreat, I would like to clarify things for you about the European Fund page.
We removed the European retreat fund raising campaign as we only had a small amount of money, not enough to buy a retreat at this stage, so we were deciding what the best way forward was to take in this situation, now that we have worked it out we will soon be re-launching the campaign.
All monies have been accounted for and we can prove it, as we hold clear and honest records, which we submit periodically to the governments of the countries we operate in, in Europe.
Your sincerely,
Steeve ‘

I know from a close friend of mine, that they have no idea how much money there are for the European retreat and they cannot prove anything as stated above. They have given money from the European retreat funds to the London Center and they had no idea of money being on a paypal retreat account until recently!

And this is just one very small event, that shows how dishonesty, insincerity and false statements are a common thing in that Movement that preaches love and honesty!

Date: June 07, 2010 12:33AM

Thanks AllaboutGnosis,

That is an excellent example of financial mismanagement. I would like to add a few points to what you have said.

When a not for profit organization (charitable status or not) cancels a project or even puts it on hold the standard practice is to ask the donor what should be done with that money. Since the money was meant to be allocated to a specific cause this is the only ethical thing to do. Many organizations will simply return the money.Under those circumstances the donor will be able to donate to another area or just keep their money. When this is done a thank you is given and an explanation of what happened to the campaign.

Under the circumstance of people donating to the creation of a European retreat centre and that retreat centre being cancelled or postponed all donors should have been given written notice of the change and opportunity to decide what should happen with their funds. The money being given to the London centre might be the appropriate action, but it is up to the donor to make tha choice.

What is interesting about the account given above is that instead of doing that a whole lot of excuses are given and the financial validity of the organization is heavily overstated, with no evidence to back up those claims. Where is the varification in that? It seems like a whole lot of justification (false of course) to me.

Posted by: allboutgnosis ()
Date: June 07, 2010 01:06AM

What you say is indeed true. But a lot of things remain hidden. Like for example the fact that Mark Pritchard in USA has a salary and the excuse for that is that this was the only way to get a VISA, a religious leader VISA. However who told him to go to the USA at the first place (his decision).

So superficially things look ok, but if you go deeper then things stink. Unfortunately people that follow him will get in trouble too for cooperating into those things, even if some of them didn’t know that they do so.

He and his wife have not been working for more than 10 years now . Instead they leave from donations that unfortunately people happily give to them (plus the salary of course...that very few know).

Posted by: dsm ()
Date: June 07, 2010 02:18AM

While I sympathize with the idea that Gnosticweb is a cult, what exactly is wrong with anyone receiving a salary for leading an orgnaization of any kind? You don't indicate that it is an exorbitant or unrealistic salary, you all seem angry at the idea anyone should be paid anything at all.

What is wrong with a salary?

Date: June 07, 2010 02:18AM

That are some valluable insights to have.I can see some more points of dishonesty and hypocrisy there.

Why would a man who professes that his teachings are not a religion seek out a religious teachers visa? Also as far as I'm aware the Pritchards do not have American residency. So why hold a Visa there?

I find this collection of a Salary to be quite interesting, since it must the largests expense to the organization. At the same time the centre have to essentially sink or swim based on the donation they collect or in fact for the most part from the money that is forked over by the members who keep the centres going.

The question should be addressed of who keeps Mark accountable for this Salary. How is it insured that he is doing the work that he is being paid for? Does he have a job description? Not likely.

Over a year ago I had a friend who had got involved in the Gnostic Movement teachings, despite my advise. Upon my insistance she started to bring up my concerns in a forum discussion. Many lies and excuses came up in that discussion.

Most importantly was the delivery of the propaganda that "Belzebuub" and the Gnostic Movement were seperate. As such it was stated that the movement presented many teachings. This is of course a complete fabrication. The only other teachers that are presented are the two men that Mark builds upon. No other living teacher or teachers of differing opinions are presented.

But if the organization and Mark Pritchard are seperate than why do they give him a salary.

Besides all this he stated right in his own story that the organization of the Gnostic Movement was set up to spread his teachings. Supposdely because that was his responsibility as a "master".

Current Page: 28 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.