Current Page: 16 of 37
Re: The Gnostic Movement/Gnosticweb lead by Mark H. Pritchard (Belzebuub)
Posted by: Keir ()
Date: June 21, 2009 10:16PM

seekinglight
Gnosis enabled me to break out of a life of .......
It should be stated that Aun Weor's notion of "Gnosis" has no direct linage to the historic Gnostics (a term I believe was coined by modern academics to give references to those historic religious sects).
Quite often Aun Weor supporters make statments like "we Gnostics" "the Gnostic...." etc. (implying that they are historically connected to ancient Gnostic sects).

seekinglight
Gnosis enabled me to break out of a life of depression, anxiety, drugs and eating disorders and to experience something much greater in life. So despite the fact that I am no longer part of it, I can only be thankful for what it gave me. Therefore, since I have no grievance to express I have no place here.
I wish you well.
Now havnt said that. I'm sure every cultish organization has had some members that benefit in small way or another. Even after watching documentries from the testamonies of surviving members of Jim Jones's The People's Temple, to Heavens Gate, to David Koresh's Branch Dravidians, to the Solar Temple a.s.o. .... have made statements that they had benefitted in some way or another. It still doesnt water down the fact that these organizations had distructive aspects to them.

(note: I have seen Solar Temple footage of them wanting to end war, help people get off drugs etc.
Heavens Gate wanted to stop war, help humanity etc. Jim Jone's People's Temple at one time held public soup kitchens and did alot of good deeds to help poverty stricken people. They certainly did good. Its rather a common myth that distructive organizations cannot do any good deeds. This doesnt mean we should automatically dismiss any criticism of these groups, dissenting voices or that impossible for them to have any distructive elements to them. )

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 10:42PM by Keir.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: seekinglight ()
Date: June 22, 2009 04:51AM

thepea
I want the truth, clear, simple answers to my clear, simple and direct questions. Can you offer me that?

Dear thepea,

I care about your experience and questions and would very much like to answer them as I feel I could clarify some things, but I have seen that my presence here only exacerbates the debates and arguments and even a simple post I make results in pages of postings in response, some of which are not particularly friendly and as I said before I have no wish to try to persuade or convince people on a subject that their minds are already made up on. So despite my wish to answer your questions, I'm afraid that I won't be posting here anymore.

All the best.

Posted by: notanantiGnostic ()
Date: June 22, 2009 07:42AM

Ok I am going to respond to Seekinglight first,

In no way shape or form did anyone "make it clear that this thread is only for those ex-members who have something negative to express, and that therefore any perspective or experience which falls outside that category is not important or worth any consideration." What Keir did say was "This Cult Education forum is for ex members of similar related groups to testify their negative personal experiences with a questionable organization."

First of that is Keirs way of explaining the purpose of the Cult Education Forum. Second he or she in now way said that it was an exclusive place for discussion by people who had negative experiences. Besides you can not exclude people based on a thing like negative or positive experience or statement because it is impossible to be objective about something like that.

So you are free to say whatever you want here, however no one is obliged to agree with your or hold back on questioning you statements that they disagree with or even find offensive.

I think all my other concerns about your most recent post have been addressed by Keir. Thanks Keir, I conger.

Seekinglight I wish you well and all the best in your recovery from your time with the Gnostic Movement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2009 07:45AM by notanantiGnostic.

Date: June 22, 2009 07:56AM

Pea it is awesome to see you here. I can definitely verify Peas story based on the discussions that we have had in the time that I have been posting here. In particular I can speak for his or her time with the Gnostic Movement. By the way Seekinglight has said nothing to demonstrate the same amount of understanding.

I really like your questions by the way and I want them and perhaps some others answered by someone with authority in the Movement, preferably the guy at the top.

It is great to they have performed some of their cultish manipulations since I have been posting here. Removing videos that made Pritchard look bad and then there is this whole attempt to make him look like he is independent from the Gnostic Movement, but failing miserably since the statements of Gnosticweb and the Gnostic Movement being created to spread his teachings are all over the place. Of course it is also obvious since all they do is promote and teach is ideas and methods.

Great stuff Free_955 I like the little Mermaid analogy, it is quite fitting.

Date: June 22, 2009 08:19AM

Alright I have a question for everyone.

Why is that the people who do not accept Mark Pritchard as a divine master/being have higher standards and expecations for him than those who do accept him as a master? Shouldn't it be the other way around? If someone is define shouldn't they be held to really high standards of behaviour and honesty? Someone like that should not be making statements about people being only human.

Posted by: thistle ()
Date: June 22, 2009 10:54AM

Hi notanantiGnostic

i question the whole "guru" concept

what i mean by that is the practice of setting up a teacher as "special" or "different"

to me if someone has knowledge or understanding and they can share it with their fellow man then that is great

but not as great as what is already in that fellow man to begin with

so in a sense a good teacher is only making someone aware of what was theirs all along, what was hidden in them the whole time

the teacher is hopefully someone a little further on down the track but that's all

enlightenment is often referred to as "waking up"

well if i wake someone up i would be glad but it's not like you need a "superman" to wake someone up

in fact as far as i know the only qualification you need to wake a sleeper is to be awake yourself

but it seems that is not enough for some people, they like to "glory" in men so to speak

they like to feel superior or special or of a higher class, get the special attention, we all have that kind of darkness within i guess

this must be a temptation to be sure but really, what is it that makes one man differ from another

what do we have that we weren't given

so why boast as if it wasnt given but some special noteworthiness to ourselves is due

a lot of the great people who have been helping me wake up dont even consider themselves very good at all

they probably dont even know how much they help me

if i said to them "oh venerable sir you have helped me wake up i must adore you" they would just die of embarrassment or say stop that at once i am just a fellow traveller like you

as far as i can tell we all have a dark side and a light side

the more we walk on the light side the more we can shine into one anothers life

theres no need to have a guru, we already have the christ or krishna or the buddha within

if we would but recognise the light that lights everyman

to me as soon as someone is lifted up above other men there is a problem

we tend to stop testing what they say

we tend to forget we are all in this together as co-helpers of each others joy not to have dominion over anothers path

that's my take

i have learnt from so many people over the years

so many people have helped me see more clearly and rescued me from delusions

most of them dont even know

and isnt that cool!

we are all able to help and encourage the good in one another

the samaels and belzebuubs have to answer to us

because we also seek the truth that sets men free

i personally find them like all (including myself) who would lord it over men wanting

we must all answer to the good in one another

anyway

more power from the truthseeker in all of us

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2009 11:05AM by thistle.

Date: June 22, 2009 11:34AM

Well said Thistle.

Date: June 22, 2009 08:22PM

Seekinglight said "I care about your experience and questions and would very much like to answer them as I feel I could clarify some things, but I have seen that my presence here only exacerbates the debates and arguments and even a simple post I make results in pages of postings in response, some of which are not particularly friendly and as I said before I have no wish to try to persuade or convince people on a subject that their minds are already made up on. So despite my wish to answer your questions, I'm afraid that I won't be posting here anymore."

What exactly did you expect here? All you have since you presented your case and people disagreed with you was post statements where you try to give the impression that you have somehow been treated unfairly here. No one has been rude to you, but we have made it clear we expect from you with your argument. Instead of even trying to present your case, you just make statements about how you would and could but you just not gonna because no one is listening anyways or we have already made up our minds.

You don't know the state of other peoples minds simply based on what is posted here so I would say if you are not here to try to persuade or convince people on a subject?

As far as I can see you have no desire to answer questions as you have not answered any. By the way people are in now way obligated to accept your answers or find them sufficient.

So all the best with your recovery I hope you can start it soon.

Date: June 23, 2009 12:19AM

I would like to point out that Seekinglight was not able even answer a simple and objective question like how he or she saw that people here were planning on getting back at teachers of the Gnostic Movement nor were they able respond positively to our reassurances that that was not the case. I am pretty sure that would go against the rules in some way and the moderator would speak up about it.

It is pretty safe to say that Seekinglight is an apologist for the organization (whether having left or not) with a clear agenda.

Date: June 24, 2009 05:05AM

On June the 17th I made this reference to what was on the Belzebuub site.

"i wanted to ask something
No replies
Sat, 2009-06-13 16:17
admin
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 42 min ago. Offline

This forum thread has been deleted, and the user who started it has been banned, because the user has broken the terms of use of this site.

"We do not allow participation from individuals that are affiliated with groups or organizations that are openly hostile towards Belzebuub and/or this website, or who are openly hostile towards Belzebuub and/or this website in any other way."

[www.belzebuub.com]

This page also contains a very angry/crazy looking picture of Mark Pritchard which is quite telling of the whole organization."

If you click on that link now it appears the whole thing is now reference including any note of the original question is now completely gone. Sounds more and more like a dishonest authoritarian organization to me. First a heavy headed reaction and than they cover it up. Wake up people and realize what you are supporting. I know non of you really know where the money goes, unless you are right at the very top.

Current Page: 16 of 37

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.