Current Page: 82 of 84
Re: Cryonics, Cult, Linguascelesta, Max More, David Styles
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: January 31, 2011 06:43AM

Regarding, why the connection between Satanism (specifically Church of Satan) and cryonics, I found a wiki quote that describes Satanism as the 'worship of oneself':

[en.wikipedia.org]

'Some Satanists believe in God in the sense of a Prime Mover but, like Atheistic Satanists, still worship themselves, due to the deist belief that God plays no part in mortal lives.'

Additionally, from this site:

[www.religioustolerance.org]

CoS beliefs:
The nine Satanic statements:

These form the core of the Church of Satan beliefs. They were written by Anton LaVey. In abridged form, they state that Satan represents:

Indulgence, not abstinence.
Vital existence, not spiritual pipe dreams.
Undefiled wisdom, not hypocritical self-deceit.
Kindness to those deserving of it, not love wasted on ingrates.
Vengeance, not turning the other cheek.
Responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires.
Man as just another animal - the most vicious of all.
Gratification of all ones desires.
The best friend that the Christian Church has had as he has kept it in business for centuries.

I can see that #6, 'Responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires.' would prove very useful if you were involved in the running of a pyramid scheme to hoodwink would-be vampires into buying cryonics contracts.

The nine Satanic sins
are:
Stupidity, pretentiousness, solipsism, self-deceit, herd conformity, lack of perspective, forgetfulness of past orthodoxies, counterproductive pride, and lack of aesthetics.

Villainous Tongue seems to be a bit of a sinner even by CoS standards.

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
are:
These are 11 rules of behavior written by Anton LaVey in 1967. 4 They include rules governing conversations, behavior towards guests, avoiding theft, acknowledging the power of magic, avoiding harm to children, refraining from killing animals, and behavior towards others.

Theology:
People have created Gods in many forms; pick one that might be useful to you.
Heaven and Hell do not exist.
Satan is not closely related to the modern (post 1400 AD) concept of the Christian devil. Satanists view Satan as a pre-Christian life principle which represents the carnal, earthly, and mundane aspects of life.
Satan is not a being, a living entity; he is a force of nature.
Human life is held in sacred regard. Children in particular are not to be harmed.
"Satan...represents love, kindness and respect to those who deserve it."
Black Masses (parodies of the Roman Catholic religious service) are not normally performed by Satanists (except on rare occasions for their entertainment or publicity value).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2011 06:47AM by Stoic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cryonics, Cult Movement or Ligit Science???
Posted by: palehorse ()
Date: February 28, 2011 11:49PM

It seems that Mike “Darwin” Federowitz has gone off the deep end. This lunatic posts 26 consecutive rants regarding Melody Maxim. “Darwin” definitely needs psychological help, as do some of his cohorts. What’s that I smell? Could it be a regulatory push of these clowns just right around the corner?

[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]
[www.cryonet.org]

Posted by: Digger ()
Date: March 01, 2011 05:15PM

Yeah I read some it myself.
Fruitcake anyone?

Re: Cryonics, and Melody Maxim's blog closed to the public?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 02, 2011 11:27AM

Its very unfortunate that Melody Maxim's excellent blog [cryomedical.blogspot.com] appears to now be closed to the general public.
But one has to assume there is a reason for that.
But its the general public, who needs the specific information about "cryonics" to make an informed decision.

But its quite disturbing to see a cryonics fanatic, targeting and going after one of the main critics of cryonics.

Posted by: melmax ()
Date: March 02, 2011 09:13PM

The blog is being converted to a website, where the information will be presented in a professional and organized manner, suitable for review by medical professionals and anyone else who might be interested in the regulation of cryonics.

Posted by: richiekgb ()
Date: March 03, 2011 12:38AM

Mike is not very well and hasn't been for many years - recently i have been researching his career and will be updating my website very soon. (Not the nicest research i have done)

I am actually grateful mike lost it and declared war on his critics as it made me realise how half assed I was doing things by just ranting - it may seem quiet but things are moving along behind the scenes and 2011 is going to be a bad year for cryonics fanatics.

Mel is quite right about making our web efforts more professional and organised - I am also trying to put together the info i found into a book and make lawmakers aware.

Personally i think we are obserivng the last crys from a very damaged cryonics industry before it dies completely. In 10 years i think there will be a few dewars around but no active companies once regulation hits them. Thres no conspiracy i suspect to make cryonics a billion $ industry - its too shabby and the companies left are barely keeping themselves afloat let alone in LN2 - Chatsworth 21st century style is on the cards and once regulatory officials look at these cryonics firms properly they will shut them down and prosecute the organisers.

This will take time though and it could be a couple of years before this really starts happenning - to change laws takes a long time and lots of campaigning.

Mikes unhappy because at a very young he chose the wrong path and dedicated his life to cryonics. Now in his 50's and not actively working he vents his fustration on his critics (persocution complex) instead. The problem is (and Mike knows this) it is Mikes OWN FAULT he fucked up cryonics by breaking the rules and abusing his position.

anyways i will bump the thread when its up - Mike Frankenstien's story is intruging as it is sinister.....

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: March 03, 2011 11:01AM

That's great that the general public will have a balanced, credible place to review the information about cryonics.
Not just websites from those who sell cryonics for a living, for the organizations they run.

Who knew that just asking and doing some basic research about "cryonics" would turn up such a rotten to the core system?
There is no question that any type of "cryonics" must be strictly regulated and monitored.
Some areas have already chosen to ban "cryonics" for all the reason of false advertising, and false promises being made.

But all aspects of cryonics and the companies, and the business dealings and deceptive cryonics contracts must be exposed, and made public.

Posted by: Digger ()
Date: March 15, 2011 12:39AM

I see today that Cryonet is to cease it's operations, as below:

"Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 04:40:55 -0000
Subject: CryoNet to Enter Stasis March 17, 2011

My "CryoNet Reboot" announcement in message # 32489 was
posted almost a year ago, March 17, 2010. You probably
are wondering "So when is this reboot? Did I miss it?
And, by the way, where are my flying cars and jet packs?"

There has been a lot of churning in the background.
Many ideas have been tried and just as many discarded.

I even uploaded CryoNet to a Virtual Machine. After getting
all the vital processes running, and achieving perfect
synchronization between the original and the upload so that
you could not distinguish them, I discovered a fatal flaw.
The uploaded CryoNet had exactly the same structural
problems as the original!

CryoNet began over 22 years ago, during a different era,
both technologically and culturally. Any cryonics publicity
was news. With just occasional and notable exceptions,
cryonics was below the radar of the scientific, medical,
and legal authorities. The web (WWW) did not yet exist.
The Domain Name System was not yet predominant. (CryoNet used
UUCP paths for email.) Also, an Open Mail Relay was not yet
fully appreciated as an attractive nuisance that would be
co-opted by spammers.

CryoNet was created more like an Open Meme Relay. For a small
group of reasonable and similarly-minded people, that can work.
Just let everything run on autopilot while the good people
communicate with each other.

But when the inevitable zombie hordes reached a howling
pitch in 2004, I added a "rating system" that nobody liked,
even if it helped. Its administration was fully automated
while CryoNet subscribers rated the quality of the messages.
Bad zombies could be "voted off the island^H^H^H^H^H^H daily digest"
by the other subscribers. (Although all messages still landed
in the web-accessible archives, the ones likely to have poor
quality no longer were shoved in the faces of digest readers.)
But every automated system can be gamed. Thus, "CryoNet Reboot".

That didn't work. Every automated system could be gamed back
then and every automated system still can be gamed now.
And a year has flown by. Rather than spend another year
pursuing yet more schemes for automated quality control,
it is better to put CryoNet on stasis.

After the March 17, 2011 digest mailing, no more new messages
will be posted, although the archives still will be accessible
as a historical record.

Fortunately, unlike 1988, cryonics and related topics now
are covered very well in many other places on the Internet.
Please visit and nourish them. And avoid the zombie hordes.

Kevin Q. Brown"

I'd guess this to avoid giving Melody Maxim a direct line to the
cryonics community, although prolific I don't suppose she can be
classed as an actual "horde".

So perhaps the critics are now becoming more than just a bother.

Can't wait for Darwin book..........................

Posted by: palehorse ()
Date: March 16, 2011 04:06AM

Can't wait for Darwin book..........................

Can't wait for Johnson's recordings to come out on Wikileaks.

Cryonics Discussion Venues
Posted by: melmax ()
Date: April 09, 2011 11:41PM

While I doubt Kevin Brown shut down Cryonet, to "avoid giving (me) a direct line to the cryonics community," I do believe there has been a lobbying effort to either shut down, or heavily moderate, cryonics discussion forums. When a group of people cannot defend themselves against legitimate criticisms, and cannot manage to discredit their critics with lies and personal attacks, I suppose their next alternative might be to attempt to restrict their critics' opportunities to exercise free speech, in venues that might be comprised of their clients and/or potential clients. Without censorship, certain people cannot continue to perpetuate the many myths they have distributed, in regard to their cryonics activitities.

As an example of the deception that takes place, quite some time ago, I had accused Mike Darwin, (Michael Federowicz), of falsely stating he had once been a "board-eligible perfusionist." Just before Cryonet was shut down, Mr. Darwin was caught in another lie, while attempting to cover up the previous one. In Cryonet Message 33441, Mr. Darwin states: "Here is what I actually said: "If all I had was perfusion experience in cryonics; I'd have had essentially no experience at all. At one time I was told I was a Board eligible perfusionist (1970s), but I never sat for the Boards and quite honestly, I did very little clinical perfusion." (Emphasis added.)

What Mr. Darwin ACTUALLY wrote, on the Cold Filter Forum and in his Cryonet Message 33381, was: "At one time I was a Board eligible perfusionist, but I never sat for the Boards and quite honestly, I did very comparatively little clinical perfusion." As everyone can see, the first statement is not what Mr. Darwin "actually said," at all. He is simply compounding his false statements.

Here is what Robert Ettinger, (the "Father of Cryonics"), has to say, about Mike Darwin: "(Mike Darwin) admits to a history of mental problems. He admits to being so backward in math ability that he had to abandon a college degree in biology. He has bragged about his deceit and ruthlessness, once writing that on a visit to Africa he sought out Arabs and told them he hated Israel and the Jews, apparently just for the fun of it. In any case he said openly that he would try to deceive anyone at any time if he thought it furthered his interests." Robert Ettinger on Mike Darwin's Character

Sadly, Mike Darwin has been one of cryonics "superstars," and the cryonics industry is rife with people who will "deceive anyone at any time" if they think it furthers their interests. Even more sadly, the "interests" of many of those individuals appears to be feeding their own wallets and/or egos, more than anything else. As I've written, many times, I believe people should have the right to be cryopreserved, but those performing the procedures have an obligation to behave ethically, and to accurately represent the quality of their procedures and personnel, to the public, in their attempts to market services for which they charge up to $200K+. (Note that they also encourage their clients to establish irrevokable trust funds, and bequests, naming cryonics organizations as the beneficiaries.)

This post is in response to the recent remarks, regarding the demise of Cryonet, which I doubt had anything to do with me, personally. Kevin Brown has always been civil, to me, and was instrumental in preventing some of the participants of his forum from abusing his ratings system, in order to censor me, and others. For the most part, I am trying to avoid posting on blogs and forums, and working with a handful of people in getting an informative new website up and running. To the participants of this forum, I encourage you to make your remarks in a civil manner, stick to the facts, and avoid wild speculation. It serves no purpose to "wallow in the mud," with these people. ("These people" not meant to include honest, sincere individuals, engaged in cryonics activities.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2011 11:43PM by melmax.

Current Page: 82 of 84

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.