Environmentalist 'religions' on the rise....
Posted by: xythos ()
Date: December 16, 2008 08:48PM

This ties in with another thread where the hoax of global warming has by all appearances turned into a 'cult-like' belief system.

This is none other than the founder of the weather channel who is debunking the whole myth from which Gore was then 'handed' his "Nobel Peace Prize"...

[de.youtube.com]

Gore, as I've mentioned elsewhere, has turned into the guru of the "environmentalist" movement.

This video was brought forth by CNN.

[de.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re:
Date: December 20, 2008 11:08PM

'Global warming' all over the US

[www.timesonline.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2008 11:09PM by xythos.

Re: Environmentalist 'religions' on the rise....
Date: December 20, 2008 11:44PM

'Global warming' in Europe: Winter arrives and temperatures plunge below freezing.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: Jupiter ()
Date: December 23, 2008 01:37AM

I've seen environmental groups becoming extremely cult-like, especially the ones that insist on things like vegan lifestyles (not bad in itself but bad when it is 'forced' upon you by the people you work with), or passionate rejection of ordinary social values as being against 'mother earth.' The fear of climate change is probably quite suffocating for some people, I can see why groups are becoming cult-like and over-militant.

Date: December 23, 2008 02:42AM

Jupiter
The fear of climate change is probably quite suffocating for some people, I can see why groups are becoming cult-like and over-militant.

Hi Jupiter (what a great pseudo! Love it!),

Yes, absolutely. It has unfortunately taken some seriously bizarre outgrowths of trying to make people feel guilty when doing anything that remotely looks 'as if' you'll do anything that seems anti' global warming. Now, of course, it's used by politicians to make people pay more for their car (with extra gimmicks 'built in' that will fall by the wayside if things are going to continue this way...) with the "carrot" being that you get some 'bonus' by the gov't if you buy an "environmentally friendly car".

The irony of course is, that huge areas of land in South America are destroyed to raise crops for 'ethanel fuel' which are in complete contradiction with 'saving the earth' because it destroys the livelihood of people that already are stripped to the bare minimum for basic food & basically no food can grow back where the soil has been poisoned with the anti-insecticides (crazy huh?).

On Saturday night I watched a documentary that tried to 'rationalise away' the icebears' "disappearing" with 'climate change'.

One of the most reknowned animal documentary filmers who has filmed animals in the wild for some 15 odd years & lives months' on end in the Arctic & Alaska in particular was cautiously suggesting that this whole gloabal warming theory is pretty much "pulled by the hair" because icebears have a different migrationary history than the bloke* sitting next to him was trying to 'imply' (*guess what label he had 'pitched' on his shirt? Yep, none other than the WWW logo! The guy seriously works as an bear lawyer - is that cute or what? Nice idea, but...hm....and I love bears!).

The beautiful thing was that somebody else from the experts at the table was also questioning this very 'convenient' theory as well...

I've funny idea the whole global warming (scare) theory is true & major scam - just another 'tool' to scare people into submission & stop their ordinary way of lives.

Keep the masses submissive & misinformed & you can pretty much do what you want...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.