ROC
Posted by: FreeAtLast ()
Date: November 21, 2008 03:20PM

SawtheLight - Wow, your description could easily be about Set Free, it is so exactly the same. You said it exactly, it's a racket... it's slave labor and the miracle is that he is able to balance the concerts and music and revelry enough to maintain a workforce that is likely happy to serve and not even question their slave status. It's that remarkable?

I'd like to recommend to you, and anyone interested, a movie that is poignant and potentially painful or hilarious, depending on your point of view and distance from involvement in cults/destructive leadership-run churches. The movie is: Marjoe. It is a documentary that follows Marjoe (for Mary and Joseph) Gortner on the preaching and bible-thumping trail in 72. He was the youngest ordained minister and married a couple at four years old. What I found most amazing was his absolutely honest portrayal of the techniques used to milk people of money by using scripture and emotional blackmail. I feel this movie is not anti-religion or faith but a reminder to be wary of corruption and maneuvering in a religious setting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ROC
Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: November 22, 2008 12:01AM

FreeAtLast, thanks for the film suggestion! I just added it to my Netflix list! I can't wait to see this award winning documentary!

Posted by: burry dalessio ()
Date: April 06, 2012 08:52PM

what happen to the original thread for the roc?

Posted by: findthelies ()
Date: April 11, 2012 02:06AM

Here ya go Burry.

The ROC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.