Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The ROC
Posted by: ConcernedMom9 ()
Date: September 23, 2009 09:28PM

The so-called, "ROC" org, here in Gainesville, Florida is what first "grabbed" my young son's mind and spirit after we both found his dad dead on our livingroom floor last year.

They "convinced" him, finally, after much debate, to ABANDON his "life" to join the Atlanta Dream Masters Commision- now he will not even speak to ANYONE and I have not heard from him in weeks!

I am not saying all "ROC" orgs are bad- but this one did a number on our little shocked family!

It has ZERO to do with G-D- it is all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$

ConcernedMom9

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NowIsee ()
Date: November 30, 2009 10:44AM

studytheword
Beloved ones -

It is with great sadness I have read the posts here about ROC. I am not a member, and have not visited much, though I know others who have. ROC appeals to impessionable young people, those in sin, and those who have grown cold in their faith, but who love the music and the preaching that is very easy to understand and deals not so much with theology but the practical aspects of living the Christian life. The presence of the Lord can be felt at ROC when you attend. There is enthusiam, excitement, and joy there, but unfortunately, that's not all.

For all the good this ministry may do, it does help to keep your eyes open if the rumors that are smoldering below the surface persist. Yes, anyone can have a past. But that past must be dealt with through repentance, counseling, mentoring, and accountability. If the person involved refuses such a plan by mature Christians, then his autonomy should be held in question. Confession is cleansing and purifying. Putting sin behind us and walking in the light of Jesus is God's way. But others must be drawn in to help.

If funds are misused, again, accountability should be demanded.

Don't fault someone for living in a nice house. If it was a gift, the gift (though perhaps not the giver) should be made public. To all outward appearances, the vehicles seem to be over the top. And often, one of the signs of misuse of funds is the secret use of funds. If you're not doing anything wrong with the money, you have nothing to hide. Make it public. If you keep it all a deep, dark secret, perhaps there are sticky fingers in the pot.

One of the things I immediately wondered about when I learned how ROC functioned was this: Why no worship on Sunday? Isn't that the Christian's day of worship? What do ROC people do on Sunday? Worship elsewhere? Reserve this day for play? Just curious. But what happened to "...on the first day of the week...???"

There seems to be many ministries at ROC. Why not do several things really well rather than so many outreaches? Not that Richmond doesn't need them all. It would seem to me Saturday would be exhausting for some ROC people.

And, yes, followup on those who come to know Christ through this ministry would be helpful. Anyone can get caught up in the moment at an "altar call", and then just go back into the same life lived before. A discipleship time for new converts to return and receive prayer, instruction, Bible helps and counseling could benefit those who come to Christ through this ministry. Anyone knows a hot coal left to itself will die out and get cold, but kept on the heap will continue to stay warm and burn. And, yes, the numbers of converts somehow seems to be inflated.

I have seen the glow of Christ on the faces of some people at ROC. It was obvious they had come out of deep sin. They worshipped the Lord in a way that was lovely to observe - with deep passion. How sad it would be to see them become disillusioned if their leadership should fall.

I do hope reconciliation will come. I have no investment in this issue, except as a member of the body of Christ. But as another Christian, with a heart for purity in the church, I would love to see what is good about ROC continue and what is not good be corrected. Soon, in a new facility, there will be more room and opportunity to reach Richmond. What a black mark it would be on the cause of Christ to have that building filled with controversy. Why not "clean house" now and get the old stuff out of the way and have repentance and restoration come quickly. The leadership may have to take some drastic humbling steps like asking for mentoring, public and private confession, asking for a legitimate accounting system, trading some vehicles, realigning and re-evaluating ministries. What a wonderful witness that would be not only to those in the church, but those in the community. Revival would break out.

I will pray for ROC. I suggest that for all of us who care.

To the one who has asked for help in becoming restored, I would suggest much time on your knees in prayer, much time in the word of God, and finding an older mature Christian to pour out your heart to. Ask for wisdom from the Lord. Pray more, speak less. Even the early church had its difficulties and sometimes separation occured, however, the Lord is more honored when we seek Him for His answers. Dwelling together in unity is beautiful to see. But each must do his or her part. Stiff necks don't turn toward God.

I send each of you my love and prayers for a bright future.

Posted by: rocsucs ()
Date: April 22, 2010 12:27AM

the ROC IS THE BIGGEST SHAME IN THE WORLD

Posted by: FreeAtLast ()
Date: April 22, 2010 01:39AM

Hi there Rocsucs,

So, share with the group your experience that makes you feel that way. In what way were you hurt or betrayed?

Date: April 23, 2010 01:35AM

haha lets just say i dont have enough time to explain it all i have known G and Rsen for a long time and i can easily lay out all there faults and how un godly they really are i am not saying i am godly in all honest after being around them i dont beleive there is even a god but thats another subject

honestly i would like to say who i am but i already started talking about this place on another thread and dont want to give it away i am still close friends with a relative of a pstor and he is the only one i talk to still he seemed to be the only who atleast was upfront and honest with you and this peron has nothing to do with the roc cause what he found out

but anyways yeah i seen many many coruptions from infadelity to drug dealing and pocketing money my main problem is the fact when you leave this place the pastor's start to discredit you as fast as they can
but yeah they lie around evry corner

but i do need to ask a question who worked for the r.o.c and died in there sleep i didnt no thats what they where telling peopl at the roc cause the only person connected to roc passing that i no of killed them self and if it was that person and they are lieing to people then i hope they do get shutdown

at least this is what i heard they where telling the followers and i was hopeing someone could confirm or not and if it is true then why dont the leader of the church claim his responsibility of not being able to help his own leader in his church

Date: June 08, 2010 02:20PM

nothing new?

Posted by: trulyblessed ()
Date: June 12, 2010 09:17AM

I WAS IN THE INNER CIRCLE AND I SAW IT ALL!!!..I CANT BELIEVE PEOPLE CANT SEE ITS A CULT LOL! ITS SOO MIND BLOWING! AFTER I LEFT THESE PEOPLE TRY TO DESTROY MY REPUTATION AND INTIMIDATE ME AND MY FRIENDS! I DON'T CARE HOW MANY BUS KIDS THEY PICK UP ..THEY ARE WOLVES IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING..THIS PLACE IS SICK AND TWISTED BEYOND EXPRESSION! I PRAY THIS CULT GETS SHUT DOWN SOON.

Date: July 20, 2010 03:53AM

i give this place 3 maybe 4 years but it will crumble by then

Posted by: NowIsee ()
Date: July 21, 2010 09:56AM

i hoped it would have shut down by now. How sad.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.