Its interesting to see some of the thoughts of an apparent former member of OneTaste.
First off, this is not a personal criticism of a former member of OneTaste, who has their own view of what may or many not have happened to them.
But it is very interesting to see those views, and to compare them to the objective known facts, and other knowledge about these kinds of groups and sects. People can look at those facts, and make up their own minds.
OneTaste is not some type of "original" group, it has been directly copied from Victor Baranco, and others.
But to move forward, there are some serious problems in much of what is being said.
Even an outsider can easily see that obviously Nicole Daedone is not "hands off", whatever that means. Its her group. Nicole may have become more aloof recently, perhaps due to media criticism, but the record shows she has been very much hands on.
Perhaps Mr. Moneybags now owns everything by buying things out behnd the scenes.
How can a for-profit business model like OneTaste, based on Victor Baranco's system, be community run? Its designed based on Baranco's concept to be FOR-PROFIT, and controlled by the person the owner.
Also, the (Victor Baranco tactic) One-NO-Vote idea, is literally a cultic scam. Its absurd.
Any even lowest level cultish group leader knows that even MINIMAL social pressure to conform will make people want to BELONG to the group.
So a so-called On-NO-Vote idea, is literally a tactic, used by Victor Baranco, and its quite clever.
You see, if they allowed a SECRET BALLOT democracy, then people could actually vote their conscience on issues, without fear of being ostracized.
But since there is some silly one-NO-vote scam, then each person who wants to belong to the group and get accepted, is going to go along to get along.
Those that don't, get pushed out.
That is very very basic stuff.
The ultimate punishment in any sect is what?
Being ostracized, kicked-out, ex-communicated.
So the Victor Baranco One-NO-vote idea, is a cultic scam designed to lock people into Groupthink by social pressure. Its very clever.
Also, Daedone used to brag she was a direct student of Victor Baranco, until what Baranco was really doing was exposed in this thread, and then all of those links about Daedone being a direct student of Baranco were removed. That's a fact.
Some of the only places that information remains is in this thread.
Why did they now choose to conceal the direct links with Baranco?
And if it wasn't noticed, the other person (Trellis House run by Marc Beneteau) who was in this thread defending Daedone and OneTaste with their own communal house was shut-down. [forum.culteducation.com
Just a few more points:
- how does anyone not involved with a sect for years, know who may or may not being using substances?
- all of these so-called rules about "sexual activities", and when one can have it, and with who, and when not, is completely absurd. Even recent news articles stated that Daedone was pairing people up, so one can see why they want to counteract that. Time to research cultic groups 101, and look into how they control and distort people's sexualities, many sects do that.
- its incorrect to say that Daedone chose to move away from a for-profit business model. That is clearly false. Its been proven, that Mr. Moneybags was buying things, and Mr. Moneybags runs businesses, sometimes with a long-term investment. There is plenty of information of how they were going to try and position Nicole Daedone in the culture as an "expert".
- the stuff about the workshops, is unfortunately either painfully naive, or is not being honest, or is very distorted. It was very obvious, that the OneTaste people were attemping very hard-ball TACTICS learned from people like Victor Baranco. There were dozens of complaints about OneTaste as shown in this thread. Those are not "growing pains". Those are someone who is starting up their own cultish group, and is bluntly using their TECHNIQUES on people.
And yes, after media criticism, they smarten up a bit, and make it more subtle and harder to see. That is NOT a good thing, that is worse.
- the stuff about "research partners". One must see this is directly from the dreaded Victor Baranco. Its a very ugly tactic, to take normal healthy human intimacy, and turn it into some kind of "experiment".
OneTaste is NOT an educational facility or group.
Link to ONE scientific paper published in a peer-reviewed journal by OneTaste on sexuality.
There is nothing, nothing at all.