Current Page: 3 of 30
Re: One Taste?
Posted by: SageGreen ()
Date: October 26, 2008 11:38AM

corboy
An item about Baranco--interesting background for a founder of a university.

THE BIRTH AND DEATH OF NEW RELIGIOUS MOVEMENTS[/b]

Benjamin Zablocki

Victor Baranco was born in California in 1934. In 1969, he founded the More Institute. In an interview done at that time, he said the following:

<snip>

Today, Baranco’s nrm is still thriving although he, himself, is serving a prison sentence for the possession and sale of narcotics.

[209.85.173.104]

as far as I know that last portion is not correct. Vic Baranco died in 2002, I knew him from 1992 until his death, during that period he was never in prison, and I have never heard that he was in prison during the period 1969 through 2002.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: One Taste, Nicole Daedone, Victor Baranco
Date: October 26, 2008 11:48AM

The Anticult

<snip>

Nicole Daedone joined the former More University, sounds like a sex commune?

<snip>

As far as I know, Nicole Daedone took many courses from Lafayette Morehouse ( the former More University) and lived in the Hawaii Morehouse for several weeks. I don't think Lafayette Morehouse has a concept like 'membership', you live there or you don't.

Re: One Taste, Nicole Daedone, Victor Baranco, Lafayette Morehouse
Date: October 26, 2008 12:31PM

The Anticult
just a little digging brings up lots of info. No wonder a young woman can disappear into this netowrk of groups.
ONE TASTE could easily be a front-group, or just an off-shoot.
The root of ONE TASTE comes from what is now called Lafayette Morehouse.
Even their biased Wiki page points to blogs and articles about how its a fenced off community with guards, who call themselves Purple People, even shooting rocksalt at people.
Notice how often they CHANGE THE NAME OF THE GROUP, to try and confuse people, one assumes.

I don't think it will be possible for you to verify this, however

The 'biased wiki page' was not written by the Lafayette Morehouse community. If you check the wiki edit history, it is virtually all the work of one person "zotigrillo". As far as I can tell, it was put up by a member of the Petrini family, the Petrini family used to own a supermarket near the community - the market has changed hands and is now called Lunardi's. The wiki page contains numerous errors, one of which is that it is a "fenced off" community. The property has fences on several sides - the property abuts East Bay Municiple Utility District [EBMUD] property - the EBMUD property is grazed by cattle, so it is fenced (by EBMUD) to keep cattle in. The development on another side of the property has a boundary fence - the fence was put up by the developer, not by morehouse.

The community has had a troubled relationship with local teenagers who like to trespass - I believe this is because of [incorrect] rumors about nudity on the property. There is a gate across the dirt road that leads into the group parking lot, etc. The group has suffered from vandalism from local teens for as long as I've known them (1992) - relatively small scale things like paint ball attacks, sometimes as severe as breaking windshields of parked cars.

The community used to be a university in the eyes of the state of California. As the group grew older and as the state wanted more paperwork, they stopped being a university (I am told) because it was just too much work, at which point they changed the name to 'lafayette morehouse'. 'purple people' is just a nickname given to them by people in the local Lafayette/Walnut Creek community - the cars and houses are purple - its their 'branding' / trademark.

As far as I know there is no relationship between "one taste" and morehouse other than Nicole Daedone has taken courses from lafayette Morehouse, and stayed in one of the houses (in Hawaii) for several weeks. She joins a long list of people who have taken material from morehouse and used it for their own purposes. Is morehouse 'the root' of one taste? They certainly borrowed the communal living aspect and some of the course material, but from what I know second and third hand Nicole Daedone has also gotten information from a lot of other sources. From what I can tell, they are making it up as they are going along, and having a hard time of it.

I've known people at Lafayette Morehouse since 1992 and have been there numerous times. I like the people there - I'm may offend them, but I'd characterize most of them as a bunch of mellow old hippies. So that's my bias. During the time I've known them they seem to want to mostly avoid publicity, and for years they resisted putting up a web page.

Re: One Taste, Nicole Daedone, Victor Baranco, Lafayette Morehouse
Date: October 27, 2008 04:57AM

SageGreen
The Anticult
just a little digging brings up lots of info. No wonder a young woman can disappear into this netowrk of groups.
ONE TASTE could easily be a front-group, or just an off-shoot.
The root of ONE TASTE comes from what is now called Lafayette Morehouse.
Even their biased Wiki page points to blogs and articles about how its a fenced off community with guards, who call themselves Pur

I don't think it will be possible for you to verify this, however

The 'biased wiki page' was not written by the Lafayette Morehouse community. If you check the wiki edit history, it is virtually all the work of one person "zotigrillo". As far as I can tell, it was put up by a member of the Petrini family, the Petrini family used to own a supermarket near the community - the market has changed hands and is now called Lunardi's.

Petrini's Supermarkets Wikipedia Page - check the edit history - it was created by the same person

Posted by: mysticjaw ()
Date: October 27, 2008 07:52PM

Although I am a homosexual male, this group and its principles turns my guts to water. They are exposing peoples underlying selves and making them vulnerable to manipulation. When one stops thinking, or it is suspended, you ego defenses are down and one becomes suceptible to conditioning/programing. In these circumstances, one can easily be manipulated and or used and then have it turned around at them being the victim.

I believe in a healthy sexuality and being able to truly enjoy oneself sexually without guilt and other negative feelings. However, sex without principles and or morals leads to promiscuity which opens up one to sexual diseases and other problems as well. If we have learned only one thing from the past 40 years from the gay counter culture, it should be this, free sexual expression and multiple partners leads to a whole host of psychological problems.

Exploring ones sexuality and releasing the guilt, shame and other negative feelings are things which should be done in therapy with a professional who knows boundaries very well and is totally integrated with their sexuality. Additionally, sexual exploration is best done alone or with a partner you trust. This is not something which is one opens up to in group work.

This woman is not one I would trust with any of my sexual thoughts or feelings. She is setting herself up as a guru.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: October 27, 2008 09:03PM

Here are some URLs about Lafayette Morehouse in litigation that did became a matter of public record.

(Note: Lafayette Morehouse should not be confused with a quite different institute of learning, Morehouse College.

[www.morehouse.edu]))

A nine page article, including 'factual and procedural' background from the website for National Association of Personal Injury Lawyers

"Lafayette Morehouse 8/9/1995"

[www.napil.com]

Additional legal commentary on Lafayette Morehouse vs SF Chronicle published as part of California Anti-SLAPP Project

Morehouse v. Chronicle Publishing I
Cite as: 37 Cal.App.4th 855, 44 Cal.Rptr.2d 46

LAFAYETTE MOREHOUSE, INC., et al., Plaintiffs/Appellants,
v.
The CHRONICLE PUBLISHING COMPANY et al., Defendants/Respondents.
No. A067522.
California Court of Appeal, First District, Division 5.
Aug. 9, 1995

(Read the two part article here and here:)

[www.casp.net]

[www.casp.net]

And this item from the Supreme Court of Hawaii

(IN THE SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF HAWAI'I
---o0o---

STATE OF HAWAI'I, Plaintiff-Appellee, v. VICTOR W. BARANCO and CYNTHIA A. BARANCO, Defendants-Appellants

NO. 16911

APPEAL FROM THE FIRST CIRCUIT COURT

(CR. NO. 90-1745)

NOVEMBER 15, 1994

MOON, C.J., KLEIN, LEVINSON, NAKAYAMA, AND RAMIL, JJ. )

((The rest of the text can be read here))

[64.29.92.27]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2008 09:12PM by corboy.

One Taste, Nicole Daedone, Victor Baranco, Lafayette Morehouse
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 28, 2008 08:52AM

Its invariable that whenever Google alerts cue members of a group, they come and start their PR. The same thing has happened on other websites where criticism of OneTaste was posted, so at some point they will probably come and post here too.

The bottom line is that Nicole Daedone has no training or credentials to be fooling around with live-in sex groups, therapy, experimental communities, MindFucking, and all the other stuff she is doing. What certified sex-therapist would prescribe any of that? None. It can be very dangerous and damaging to do that with people, common sense tells you that.
Here is a warning sign: When you are standing naked 3x times a day chanting Om and having your sexual organs manually stimulated by strangers on the orders of the Leader...(unless you are a Congressman, that is).

Its not even a Swingers club, as those consenting adults do what they want, and then go home.
Daedone is TARGETING 18 year old kids, then using these old cultic techniques on their minds, and creating a demand for a "sex-cult" which is going to lure in serious money once the word gets out. Those groups for Men, and the Men's Circle, are going to bring in serious money from older guys with hairy palms, anyone knows that. Again, common sense.
So healthy sex therapy and exploration is one thing, but OneTaste is not that. Its obviously exploitation, as already such a tiny little group is generating so much criticism. That's another warning sign.

Also, OneTaste by Nicole Daedone has obviously copied many things from Victor Baranco and More University Lafayette Morehouse. For example, they both are running an alleged hedonistic live-in "cult-group" for profit. Its the same thing, just a different location.
They even use the same terms around "Research" and experimental communities. Its not even a commune, as its about PROFIT, who is getting the profit? The members, or the Owners?

They also both are using deception, they talk softly about Sensuality in their advertising, but one look under the covers and its a completely different ball of wax.
There may or may not be a formal connection between these two groups, it could be that Nicole Daedone and her partners just took stuff from several sources to make themselves rich.
Also notice Nicole Daedone bragging about her real estate buildings, is also similar to Victor Baranco, as seen below.

a citation for an ebay item a 1971 copy of Rolling Stone Mag that has a 7 page feature story on Victor Baranco.
[cgi.cafr.ebay.ca]
Quote:
Rolling Stone Magazine #97 12/09/1971
Victor Baranco ..how to combine sex & real estate

Sex & Real Estate ..Victor Baranco applies the ass, grass, or gas principle to housing ..in a story of 7 pages with 15 photos .
inside front cover ..photo inside a "Morehouse" ..the best of masters and johnson and real estate development...part of victor baranco story

There is also a very interesting continuity of terms, like "MARK GROUP".

[www.discoverthenetworks.org]
the term 'Mark Group' in the 1994 'Sex University' article, begins:

"I know it is going to be a distinctive academic experience when the woman
who answers the door at the suburban San Diego house tells me to leave my shoes at the door. I paid $7 to join this "Mark Group" and am not sure what to expect."

Now a 2007 item relating to One Taste in NYC:

Mark Group @ Om's this Tuesday the 18 at 8 pm Group: OneTasteNY

"For those of you who don't know what an In Group is either, here is an official description of a Mark Group by Gerry Goodman, one of the 'House Mothers' of the Yonkers Morehouse: "A Mark Group is a deliberately created fun social gathering designed by Victor Baranco, Ph.D., in which people are able to get together .."

Dec 17 2007 by Om

As far as Victor Baranco serving time in prison, that is the quote from this website, and a subject for further research.
Obviously, Victor Baranco is just another in a very long line of Guru's who thought..."why kill myself working for a living, when instead I can start a sex-cult, and make tons of money and have a private harem of young women, real estate, cars, etc, etc."
Below is the quote from a website.

I am 34 years old. I have done everything there is to do. I have been a maitre d’ in a fine restaurant and a used car salesman. I have peddled phony jewelry and flown people to Las Vegas to gamble. Some of the great people of the world—Mort Sahl, Francis Faye, Christine Jorgensen—know me by name. I have a wonderful wife, two perfect children and a Thunderbird. I have traveled to Los Angeles, Reno, Hawaii, and Mexico. And now I have solved the biggest logic problem of all: Who am I and why am I here? (Felton 1972, 111)

Today, Baranco’s nrm is still thriving although he, himself, is serving a prison sentence for the possession and sale of narcotics."

(Below is some information that is from earlier version's of the One Taste website, there might be some interesting info here, of course one has no idea if its factual or not).

Nicole Daedone Founder & Visionary of One Taste

Over the past eleven years, Nicole has taught courses at San Francisco State and private institutes of self-actualization and transformation. In her quest to experience the highs and lows of the sensual realm, Nicole has explored deep intimacy and human frailty as well as paths to expansive ecstasy. She has also done extensive coaching with both couples and individuals, focusing on uncovering the unsaid, unseen and unfelt. Nicole is the co-founder for 111 Minna Gallery.

Robert Kandell Business Manager

Robert Kandell is the Business Manager for ONE TASTE, and serves as student liaison and Core Faculty. He came to San Francisco from Philadelphia where he earned his Masters Degree in Biomedical Engineering from Drexel University. He started his business career in San Francisco building state of the art graphic design workstations before the apex of the dot-com industry. He quickly moved up the corporate ladder and then set off on his own and started a consulting firm. After mastering the consulting world, Robert started his training in interpersonal relationships. He is a co-author of ONE TASTE's core courses and is a personal coach.

Allyson Wyenn Project Manager Allyson graduated from Rutgers University in 1994 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mathematics. She worked as a programmer & project manager in the Internet industry for seven years. Allyson has been teaching yoga for the past two years, after receiving her certification from Bikram's Yoga College of India. Allyson is the Project Manager for ONE TASTE, and serves as student liaison and Core Faculty.

Elana Auerbach Event Coordinator
Elana has been dedicated to embodying her full power for the past 10 years. Before this, Elana graduated Phi Beta Kappa from UCLA and spent the next 6 years as a management consultant for Price Waterhouse and an investment banker on Wall Street for Nomura Securities. Though she had attained significant worldly power, she realized she remained disconnected from her power as a woman.She left Wall Street and trained to be a mediator, facilitator and coach. For the past 5 years, she has been leading a variety of courses in the public and private sector, guiding women's circles, and coaching couples and individuals.

Lauren Kaufman Gallery Store Manager Lauren Kaufman is a native San Franciscan, world traveler, and lifelong student of natural medicine & the healing arts. Experienced as a gemstone therapist, artist, industrial designer & product developer, Lauren formerly created, owned & operated "GeoTherapy, Gemstones for Wellness" stores & products.

Laura Hahn Feel Good Juice Bar Manager
Laura is the Director for ONE TASTE's Feel Good Juice Bar. She has been studying raw foods for over 4 years. Laura has graduated from several workshop trainings of Lifespring and The Institute of Human Abilities.

**Ron Atwood Feel Good Juice Bar Production Lead
Ron is the Production Manager for ONE TASTE's Feel Good Juice Bar. He is a former graduate of Warner Erhart's EST training and has studied with Justin Sterling and The Institute of Human Abilities.

Keith Erickson Movement Center Manager Keith's holds a business degree from UCSB and an MBA in finance from NYU. As a Principal of an investment bank in San Francisco Keith's life took an abrupt turn with the purchase of a one-way ticket to India in 1998. Keith spent more than two years traveling through Asia studying meditation, yoga, and shiatsu massage. He was certified to teach yoga by Yoga Arts of Australia. Keith's seemingly incompatible worlds converge at ONE TASTE where Keith is in charge of Movement Center operations and serves as our financial manager.

Taosha Gardiner Event Coordinator Event Coordinator and Environment Designer for ONE TASTE, Taosha received both a Masters in Communication and a Ph.D in Lifestyles from More University in 1996. She has spent the last 21 years researching the sensual nuances of all aspects of life.

Joshua Boshnack Gallery Store Manager
Joshua recently graduated from San Francisco State University with a B.A. in English. He is Vice President of Fill Up America, a 501c(3) non-profit, and serves on its Board of Directors.

Kevin Kanarek Resident Intellectual Kevin holds a master's degree in interactive telecommunications from New York University. Former employment includes media production and educational consulting in Paris and New York.

Re: One Taste, Nicole Daedone, Victor Baranco, Elana Auerbach
Date: October 28, 2008 09:24AM

Elana Auerbach, a former member of OneTaste, shows some insight into what's going down, from 2004-2007.

[commongroundmag.com]
April 2007 | Letters to the Editor
From Our Readers
One Taste Not So Spiritual

[www.sfweekly.com]
One Taste of the Spirit
All your California needs -- from yoga and raw foods to meditation, massage, and gem-stone therapy -- in a sensual, theosophist setting
By Silke Tudor
published: August 04, 2004

One Taste, Nicole Daedone, "a cult that uses sex as a lure"
Date: October 28, 2008 09:40AM

(excerpts about One Taste. Notice the review that does say that its $2,000 a week, unless you are a lady of the female gender. That marketing method is a variant of no-cover charge for ladies on Ladies Night at TGIF).

From reviews I have found on a review site, yelp.com they claim that OneTaste ranges from being a cult, orgy, a spa, telemarketing about whether you are achieving spiritual orgasms with your partner, and to having amazing naked yoga. Apparently, OneTaste is way more than it appears to be from its website which is a cheerful “fostering of connective relationships”.
[www.yelp.com]

“Little more than a cult that uses sex as a lure. They charge $2,000 A WEEK to be resident there…oh, unless you’re a girl who can provide other ’services’. Having spoken in depth about their business plan with their CEO (which gives me an insight few others have), I can tell you for certain the aim is to encourage lonely horny men to part with considerable sums of money, whilst cloaking it all in a New Age aura of raising self-awareness through intimate (read: sexual) contact. A phrase that stuck in my mind was “It’d be nice to be the Starbucks of the world of sensuality (i.e. a branch of OneTaste on every corner) but we’ll settle for being the Peets Coffee”. Last time I checked they had some 60 folks resident there, and were opening a branch in New York. If only half the residents pay full price…well, you do the math. Add to that the charges for massage, orgasmic healing, etc and you can see what a nice little earner the owners of the holding company are onto. Don’t be fooled by the “non-profit” - all that means is that a business cannot have residual money at the end of the tax year…so if you have $100K left in the bank, you have to spend it somehow or reinvest in the business. Non-profits DO pay their staff, and can give bonuses, and do all kinds of things that can make the people that run them very comfortable in their lives.

As for being a cult…I’d certainly say so, in regard to how they go about recruiting new blood, and how they discourage them from leaving, not to mention they prey on folks who could use some genuine psychotherapy. None of the leaders of OneTaste have any kind of psychotheraputic training as far as I can tell, yet they make broad claims as to how they can turn around the lives of people through sex, some of whom are obviously in a vulnerable place psychologically.

Its a shame, because they do have speakers there who are independent of the place who DO offer valuable insights and training in many areas of human sexuality. To me, it is like a worthy venture that has been perverted by the pursuit of money.”

“I went here to see a presentation by a former prostitute and porn star. I thought it would be interesting to hear the story of someone in that line of work. She didn’t really talk about her career. Instead she talked about orgasms. She really stretched the definition of the word. It seemed like you could call anything an orgasm if you wanted to. Then she led an exercise where you lie on your back and move your hands around while breathing heavily. This was supposed to produce an orgasm but since there would be no um, output, I guess this was another special use of the word.
I envy you, One Taste people. You seem very happy in your woo woo world, and your women are beautiful, horny, and not ashamed of it or frigid. ...

Tags: cult, communal society, naked yoga, one taste, Education, San Francisco, New York, spa, Review

Re: One Taste, Nicole Daedone, "California Uber Alles"
Date: October 28, 2008 11:30AM

someone reminded me of that old punk-rock anthem, "California Uber Alles".
[www.azlyrics.com]
[Chorus:]
California Uber Alles Uber Alles California
...Your kids will meditate in school

Zen fascists will control you, 100% natural
You will jog for the master race
And always wear the happy face

Close your eyes, can't happen here
Big Bro' on white horse is near
The hippies won't come back you say
Mellow out or you will pay
Mellow out or you will pay!

The reality is that much of what was talked about in that song has come true, in the madhouse of New wAge California, its absolutely bonkers when you really think about it.
And the irony is that those who are enslaving minds/bodies for profit, do it in the name of "freedom" using lies. They are the height of self-righteousness and hypocrisy.
They would claim to be the ones fighting against exactly what they are doing for their own personal greed.

Even right here on this forum, from Byron Katie, to dubious Zen warrior groups like (Seung Sahn- Kwan Um School of Zen)
[forum.culteducation.com]
[forum.culteducation.com]
and countless others.

OneTaste by Daedone fits right into the mix, using the MindFucking techniques from Victor Baranco, even setting up bogus "Universities".
There needs to be some good documentaries about all the hidden "mind control" techniques that are being used on people, in the name of new age spiritual freedom.
There is a massive gaping hole in the public knowledge in this area.

Current Page: 3 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.