Current Page: 79 of 134
Re: Desteni
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: November 10, 2010 10:41AM

Yeah, and please ask Poolman where he got his law degree, what year and on which force and in what capacity he served in the police.

As quoted above, Mr Ross asked those questions (and some others) and never did get a reply to those questions.

If any of us behaved that same way at a job interview in the public world outside no one would hire us.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SimulacronX ()
Date: November 10, 2010 06:39PM

Thanks to you Sandman and Stoic for your explanations and always sensitive observations.

Posted by: DesteniWhy ()
Date: November 10, 2010 09:29PM

No, I've never personally met Bernard Poolman is person....we did have personal e-mail communications, short and sweet.

In a nutshell here's what I've learned and my thinking.

I think Desteni would have a much much bigger following if they would have stayed on the path of "equality", equality to nature and animals, SF, SH, common sense, and even equal money. All those things-items would make for a equal fair society.

Now, here's where Desteni went amok annihilating potential members-mmembership....clear the mind, stop thinking, there is no love, real love does not exist. Once they started using they message of "clearing the thoughts and feelings....to stop thinking, stop dreaming stop envisioning....even if you could do THAT you'd basically be in a animal-vegetable state void of love, compassion, feelings as we know them. You'd be walking around as a void mindless creature ready for inplant into the Poolman Matrix that tells you what to do. Bernard loved that movie the matrix and patterned it around his equality message....when in fact he might want to be in the center of the controlling matrix. That last statement I made would be an "opinion" in Desteni.

Now, to be fair....my experience and everything I know about Desteni they aren't after "money". Donantions always accepted but everyone does that, I could even donate to this informative cult forum to keep it on the air. They have a SRAT courses but they are priced fairly. I can't flaw them on the money thing...yet. Unless someone knows different Desteni does not request, imply or condition members to give 10, 15, 25% of their earnings like in churches.

I AM SADDENED, why couldn't Desteni just stop at equality for their message....once they instituted no love, no feelings, no thinking, no thoughts, no god (that's not clever)...Well if there is a God He'd be for Desteni according to Bernard. They f.cked up their own message and tied it around their own throats in a saddened Death-Grip-to-Desteni. It's a big disappointment....and it tells me that Desteni is NOT the Clever and Cunning Devil's work because the Devil would know better than extend the message out that ridiculously. If one cannot use their mind and feelings then they cannot even be a member in Desteni because they cannot accept it in their clear mind. Stop thinking...then why do they post so many videos provoking thought. Desteni is one big convoluted countering message. Any court would throw out the case....and it's not even functionally accurate to itself....one lie defeats another lie, lies built on lies.

Desteni.... another case of should have stopped the message when they were ahead. Some other cult will cherry-pick all the nicities of Desteni and develop the superior cult-church. I don't even know what I'm saying....I really don't want that to happen to anyone....I'm just stating that Desteni had the earmark of perfection w/ good message until it went completely delusional on insanity. The pieces of the puzzle could never mate up....so Desteni quickly formulated "stop thinking" in their message. How ridiculous.

Well, thanks everyone for these forums I've enjoyed reading and learning from everyone.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: November 11, 2010 12:28AM

'another case of should have stopped the message when they were ahead'

I think it important to realise that the equality stuff is the cover story, and was only ever intended as a cover story--or the initial hook to grab the attention. What decent person would not agree with equality for all, at least in theory?

Money is a motivating factor, for practical reasons if nothing else. All enterprises need to generate money to cover their operating costs even if the primary goal is not to make a profit. Very few enterprises do not fold when the money stops coming in.
The content of the SRA course does not come close to being worth the money paid. A few hours in a library or using google would provide similar, more accurate and a far clearer exposition of the information than the garbled rubbish in the SRA course.

A more compelling motivating factor is the need of the principal players to get their inflated ego needs met--that usually but not always involves domination of and power and control over the followers.
Bernards ego needs are upfront and obvious, he thinks he has become a supreme being in much the same way that L Ron was convinced that he was an intellectual giant, rather than a hack SF writer. Neither admits to the usual human limitations of inescapable tunnel vision. Those limitations are there in everyone, however, regardless of admission.
Omnipotence is not an option for us.

Bella Bargilly appears to be the person who is translating Bernards delusions of omnipotence into the marginally more acceptable group ideology. That ideology does not have to make sense, it just has to confuse sufficiently while the followers are doing the thought reform on themselves.

One of the reasons given that Bernard avoids public appearance is that he is 'too charismatic for his own good'--yeah, right.
I would wager that anyone meeting him in the flesh, who is not already thinking Desteni-style, would immediately peg him as barking mad and his close pals are aware of this. Poolman is being used by his close cohorts just as he is using them, I wonder if that awareness has yet penetrated his ego dreams.

I think that this group is highly dangerous to any followers who get too enmeshed and they need and deserve all the help they can get to leave.
It is just as dangerous, but in other more subtle ways, to the principal players-- but as they have knowingly entered the arena with the intention to con others, I can't summon any sympathy at all for the inner circle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2010 12:35AM by Stoic.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: November 11, 2010 04:50AM

The cynics who start these groups, always have contempt for the general public.
They give their followers the "opium", which is the Story about Equality, or blah blah.
Jim Jones said the same kind of stuff too. They all say it.
Its designed to attract and hook in idealistic people.

Its called Bait & Switch.
The followers believe one thing, the leaders believe another.
Hitler and the Nazi's also did that, they created lies and illusions for the general public to believe very carefully with propaganda. Of course Poolman knows that, and Desteni is the same thing.
As stated, all of the "content" like Equality this and that, is just a cover-story, a fig-leaf, a distraction.
All these groups work like that.

Date: November 11, 2010 05:56AM

"than the garbled rubbish in the SRA course. " love it, was laughing so hard. Has anybody actually sat down and seen the SRA course? ...for what it really is. Can I circumvent to the SRAT on-line or to one module of it? I want to peek in at the Mickey-SRA and see what people are paying for. Any preview sales SRA modules out there for baiting people. I want to know. lol See this forum does spark interest in Desteni. ahaha, what a good laugh.

Date: November 11, 2010 06:04AM

While I'm still laughing...tell me that's not one of the SRA classes where we saw a blonde Anna-onatop being misled, broken-down, and physco-analysised by the master portal Sunette with her all encompassing vast experiences. I felt sorry for Anna, she wasn't getting the help she needed. They broke her.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: November 11, 2010 06:12PM

Against my better judgement, DesteniWhy, I am going to give you a tip that may be helpful in your desire to join a cult:

'A greedy or dishonest mark may attempt to out-cheat the con artist, only to discover that he or she has been manipulated into losing from the very beginning. This is such a general principle in confidence tricks that there is a saying among con men that "you can't cheat an honest man."'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2010 06:13PM by Stoic.

Date: November 11, 2010 10:54PM

Desteni.... another case of should have stopped the message when they were ahead.

It wasnt about 'the message'--the message was not the goal. "The message" was just a way to lure people in.

Getting ahead was not in service to 'the message', it was to get idealistic people to put trust in someone who didnt actually believe in 'the message'--except as bait on a hook.

I want to know. lol See this forum does spark interest in Desteni. ahaha, what a good laugh.

and

While I'm still laughing...tell me that's not one of the SRA classes where we saw a blonde Anna-onatop being misled, broken-down, and physco-analysised by the master portal Sunette with her all encompassing vast experiences. I felt sorry for Anna, she wasn't getting the help she needed. They broke her.

When people are toyed with, used as objects, it is not funny at all.

Date: November 11, 2010 11:01PM

This thread is about destini. However, it can be very educational to read a description of
different groups. When one sees how similar these entities are, it may help undercut the sense that ones group or leader is unique.

Note use of the term 'long con'

[forum.culteducation.com]

Current Page: 79 of 134

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.