Current Page: 73 of 134
Re: Desteni income plan, Donald Herman, Bernard Poolman
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 20, 2010 10:36AM

Sadly, there are many people these days in the fringe New Age, who will believing anything.
They believe that a piece of paper has "consciousness".
They believe waving your hand over a book, you can read it.

They believe lizardpeople shapeshift from other dimensions.
They believe you can live life without any pain.
They literally believe anything.

Its a Demon Haunted World. [www.skepdic.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Desteni income plan, Donald Herman, Bernard Poolman
Date: October 20, 2010 10:41AM

Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time
by Michael Shermer [www.skepdic.com]

Re: Desteni
Posted by: DesteniWhy ()
Date: October 22, 2010 05:58AM

Hello Everyone... My First Post,

Without going into a lot of detail...I kind of like cults (the good ones)....I know I'll get a lot of flack...but it's true I'm a follower and like to help. I'm currently not in any cult but I wanted to be in Desteni.

I thought Destini was kind of cool but once I got there (in agreement w/ equality) and asked what it is I'm suppose to do to help out...there wasn't anything for me to do. They told me basically nothing...there was nothing to do once you're in. They didn't want my money, they didn't want my time, there was basically nothing to do once you're accepted and part of Desteni other than throw away your pre-programmed feelings of love and use common sense, SF/SH. So I began questioning things, as I was bored doing nothing sitting around detaching myself from my feelings ....and shortly afterward I was "BANNED" from Desteni. I request to get back in several times but they won't accept me. It did crush me a little...seriously.

I believe it was age descrimination as I'm in my late forties and they prefer early 20's. Besides their message, which is intriguing at best, I really don't like Desteni or any cult for that matter that doesn't have anything for members to do. I like to make progress and do something neat beneficial. I can testify Desteni does not want anyone's money! They are not in it for money. Desteni is an independent kind of thing you do on your own. There's nothing to do, no farm work, nothing to do within Desteni. Most memebers just produce and make their own videos at home re-enforcing their ideals of SH/SF, common sense, equality, no love and structural resonance.

If I ever join a real cult...not fake Desteni cult....I want something to do that's beneficial....not sit around and try to unprogram my pre-programming...what the hell kind of fun is that? Cults should be fun, busy and productive...not boring. The only memeber's of Desteni that are having fun being rpoductive are the top-tier leaders...everyone else has nothing to do.

Posted by: DesteniWhy ()
Date: October 22, 2010 06:18AM

Very Interesting Edenheart...thanks for posting.

Date: October 22, 2010 10:31AM

Obviously, that requires a large grain of salt.
Any proper sect knows that you have to keep members busy.

Desteni is certainly after money. They were screaming for money to buy more property.
They wantselected people to come to the Desteni farm.
They are a tiny little sect, trying to grow. By coincidence, it came to the early attention of some people who analyze these things, before it has really started rolling.

Posted by: SimulacronX ()
Date: October 22, 2010 04:03PM

Hi DesteniWhy

Sure Desteni has a few hundred, or even thousands, of sympathizers.
But what the founder, leader and provider of all words and scripts, Bernard Poolman, is looking for, are really dedicated, hardcore members.

You have been banned, so you are of course not being told to follow any restrictions, orders on how to behave, on how to feel, think, sleep, love etc., like it is done at their farm in South Africa.

You know the official goal and likes of the cult of Desteni are to establish a new world order, according to Bernard Poolman, to force everyone in line, to microchip all humanity with an "Equality" chip.

But there is no equality in Desteni, as it is a hierarchy with a leader at the top with absolute say over everything.
Desteni is a normal, privately owned, pro-profit capitalistic business.
Financial records are hidden.

On the other hand, the true intention of Poolman pretending to establish a new world order may be to actually just develop really dedicated hardcore brainwashed followers, reliable sheeple who hand money over, like they are already doing, and feed Poolman's ego.
The rest questioning them is not welcome, you may know they ban and block everyone with a critical spirit.
Because they are of no use.

So a few hundred (if at all) dedicated Desteniheads will do the trick.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: October 22, 2010 05:08PM

'I thought Destini was kind of cool but once I got there (in agreement w/ equality) and asked what it is I'm suppose to do to help out...there wasn't anything for me to do. They told me basically nothing...there was nothing to do once you're in. They didn't want my money, they didn't want my time, there was basically nothing to do once you're accepted and part of Desteni other than throw away your pre-programmed feelings of love and use common sense, SF/SH. So I began questioning things, as I was bored doing nothing sitting around detaching myself from my feelings ....and shortly afterward I was "BANNED" from Desteni. I request to get back in several times but they won't accept me. It did crush me a little...seriously.'

Clearly you missed the point, DesteniWhy. Desteni won't want those who sit around waiting to be told what to do, they want those who try to fit in with the crowd and start making videos and proselytising on Desteni's behalf entirely of their own volition---those with the potential, at least, to be True Believers.

I would suggest that to be the reason that you were ejected--you made it obvious from the beginning that you were not going to be mindlessly productive on Poolman's behalf--in fact you expected him to provide you with something in return for your affiliation--in this case firm, purposeful, direction.
Poolman has no use for that, he's looking for those who already half-believe the occult nonsense as they are more easily manipulated and he always has the ready excuse that it is their own choice to make videos and proselytise on his behalf.

Had you managed to stay inside a little longer you would now be somewhat poorer due to the courses you had bought and pyramid scheme you would be promoting. The financial demands have to be carefully timed to the extent of the followers belief in the system. Cults aren't keen on free-loaders. Cults are also subtle in the ways that they identify and draw in their propects.

If you are so keen on joining a cult I am sure that you will discover this for yourself shortly.

Desteni targets young people?
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: October 22, 2010 09:26PM

DesteniWhy
I believe it was age descrimination as I'm in my late forties and they prefer early 20's.

One myth about Desteni that should be done away with is the idea that it mainly involves people in their early 20s.

There are several older people ...

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Many of them seem to be ex-New Agers who having become disillusioned have been fooled by Poolman's rejection of the conventional New Age scene and his false promises of "heaven on earth" via an "equal money system".

Most of the other participants are probably between 25-40. Comments by people in the Desteni process who have been to the farm confirm this. I would guess the average age is late 20s, early 30s.

The reason why there is the impression that they are mainly much younger people involved has to do with the prominence or popularity on YouTube of certain younger members, for example, Ann Van den Broeck and Marley Dawkins, who have clearly, for whatever reasons, allowed themselves to be manipulated by Bernard Poolman and the Desteni inner circle.

Desteni, Hitler, Jewish people, Bernard Poolman, Destonian
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: October 23, 2010 09:52PM

Regarding the Desteni forum thread where a Jewish person expressed concern over the group's fascination with Bernard Poolman's imaginary escapades in "the dimensions" with the dead Adolf Hitler in his text, "I Am Hitler", and the anti-semitic rhetoric in his video, "The Jew in Every Man is a Zionist": that person was swiftly banned from their forum for even trying to discuss it, after getting a telling-off.

Since then, another individual has brought up a similar concern ...
"jew as personality"
[desteni.co.za]

Quote: "At the farm’ Bernard called me an evil jew".

Bella Bargilly of Desteni attempts to excuse Poolman's behavior: "understand that bernard will often stand as the system and bring-forth the one point that the system would attack you with, the one point the system would use to break you - so you may face the point without actually having to walk it as an actual experience in the physical

it is never personal"

Whatever that's supposed to mean.

She states that Jews represent "greed and protection of 'what is mine' as 'human-nature' - as any family or clan or cult - as it is conditioned through fear of survival, supported through the current money-system of polarity and accepted through the separatist education we all are brainwashed by".

In the deluded world of Desteni, anyone who classifies themselves as belonging to any other social group is not "standing for equality and oneness", and Bernard Poolman's word is law.

According to Poolman it is cool to be "Destonian" but not Jewish. Sounds like old fashioned anti-semitism if you ask me.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:37AM

"Bella Bargilly of Desteni attempts to excuse Poolman's behavior: "understand that bernard will often stand as the system and bring-forth the one point that the system would attack you with, the one point the system would use to break you - so you may face the point without actually having to walk it as an actual experience in the physical
it is never personal"

Poolman does not even have to provide his own excuses, his acolytes are well-schooled enough to do it for him. This is the hoary old Devil's Advocate defence--"I am abusing you in every possible way to toughen you up and to teach you some immunity from those evil others out there who will try to abuse you, but my abuse is not really abuse it is teaching"--its a self-justification for his own abusive behaviour.

Who is being subjected to the abusive behaviour (whether labelled 'abuse' or 'teaching') and do the effects of that behavioural abuse change if the signifier, the word used to describe it, changes at all?

'She states that Jews represent "greed and protection of 'what is mine' as 'human-nature' - as any family or clan or cult - as it is conditioned through fear of survival, supported through the current money-system of polarity and accepted through the separatist education we all are brainwashed by".

'Protection of what is mine' is a fundamental element of the drive to personal survival in its most basic sense. Humans will fight to protect their continued existence when it is threatened and that is indeed a basic and desirable trait. To link this universal element of nature to 'Jews' and 'greed' is a sly attempt to undermine the natural response to the threat that Poolman poses to the autonomy of his potential followers by inferring that the survival impulse is undesirable, that interest in one's own survival as an autonomous person is somehow 'greedy' and not-natural.

So I would agree that this has definite overtones of anti-semitism but even more sinister is that it plainly suggests that the followers give up their interest in their own survival in favour of working for the survival of Desteni--which means Poolman.

Only Poolman is allowed to be greedy and abusive in Desteni-land ---and Poolman is all the while implanting Desteni-land in the heads of his followers.

This form of coercive teaching--where the student is taught a concept as 'truth' that opposes such a fundamental human instinct as survival-- is a classic double-bind that produces cognitive dissidence, an inability to think coherently and productively on his own behalf, in the follower.

[en.wikipedia.org]

In this instance the double bind is even more insidious than the examples given in the wiki as the primary directive--personal survival-- is not a communicated concept but an innate drive that all experience and are subject to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 05:39AM by Stoic.

Current Page: 73 of 134

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.