Current Page: 70 of 134
Re: Desteni
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: October 02, 2010 11:37PM

@It's edenheart,

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Since Poolman is resident in SA, it makes sense to run this by the authorities there first.
Pyramid schemes can generate serious cash for a short time and I am in no doubt that Poolman is in this Desteni business purely for his own benefit and not to spread any 'equal money' BS to the world.

Anyone who has bought in from another country can also go to their local authorities. Although Poolman may be outside of their jurisdiction there is considerable co-operation between different countries law enforcement agencies now that we are globalised. The local law enforcement agencies have contacts with their counterparts in other countries and can help with the apprehension of a conman with a global reach through the internet.

Well done on the figures. Poolman has a plan to sell a continuing series of courses for 10 years to those who buy in. He can do this as he knows the plan is unworkable and those who buy in to the Introduction course will inevitably fail (which he will interpret as a personal failing or lack of purity/clarity or lack of "self-honesty") and then return to him for a further dose of hope.
He will point out their personal failings that are preventing their success and-- hey, presto!-- just happen to have another expensive course that will solve their problem--except they will fail with that one also because the plan is unworkable and was from the beginning unrealistic and unworkable. If they are still believers at this point Poolman will have yet more expensive courses that purport to solve the problems--you get the gist of where this is going.

People will drop out as they run out of hope or money--whichever happens first. Either way they have been horribly hoodwinked and probably had all confidence and faith in human nature destroyed. That is the real damage as that kind of disillusionment can be devastating to vulnerable people--and we are all vulnerable people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2010 11:55PM by Stoic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Desteni, illegal pyramid schemes?
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 03, 2010 05:09AM

If anyone has paid into what they now believe is an illegal "pyramid scheme" and scam, they can make an inquiry and report to the authorities, and take it from there. One could contact the police fraud squad in their area, with as much written documentation as they have, receipts for payments, etc.
Then one can follow it up.
Its up the authorities to look at each case, and determine if its illegal, and start an investigation or lay charges.

Apparently what many fraud squads are doing these days, is posing as a "customer" of the pyramid scheme, and buying into it, and going undercover and collecting information about those who are running it and making the money from the top.

As well, anyone with information about the local pyramid scheme could contact the media in that local area, and they might also do an investigation.

Date: October 11, 2010 11:11AM

Why don't one of you make the inquiry?

[www.culteducation.com]

Date: October 11, 2010 11:18AM

[mybroadband.co.za]

One Minute after The Other.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: October 11, 2010 03:51PM

'Why don't one of you make the inquiry? '

Because you were the one who thought that this plan was workable and legit.

Speaking for myself, I can spot these these a mile off now and avoid them. But that is only because I was taken in so many times and learnt the hard way that a bit of critical thinking and investigation beforehand saves a lot of of pain later.

There is something (but not much) to be said for learning that way, the painful memory at least serves as a useful deterrent when the next scam comes along.

Sad River Phoenix. However, an awful lot of us had flakey if not a lot worse, parents. Unfortunately there are a lot of Poolmans who trade on that and pretend to be the ultimate Daddy. The answer is not to find a substitute parent who will rip you off in return for the pretense, the real way out is to become a responsible adult with decent values and look after yourself.

Date: October 12, 2010 12:45AM

'Why don't one of you make the inquiry? '

Because you were the one who thought that this plan was workable and legit.

Well perhaps you find it hypocritical of me to say such a thing, the point I was making was not that I changed my mind on the situation, however primitive my business acumen may be; but that people should be willing to do what they are telling others to. However please do tell me what you mean. You wont be making the inquiry because I thought the plan was workable and legit?

Is it really the monetary aspect of Scientology which people find most disturbing?

Stoic in hindsight of your earlier comments on feverish imaginings. May I ask you, do you feel that Bernard believes the things he teaches or is he an out and out con merchant? If you have earlier clarified your position, I apologise but could you indicate to me your stance.

What I find most interesting, without naming names- are the individuals who one would assume are completely removed from the whole scene, when in fact are very much involved. Let's say people over the age of 40. Personally, I don't think it's the shared courses they are indulging in. And I certainly don't think they are looking for a substitute Daddy. Considering they are older than Poolman himself.

The latter link I posted was interesting as there was a reference to Donald Herman apparently not being an Afrikaans speaker. I would assume he is German from the discussions we shared in the past. I find it rather odd that Ferdi Poolman has been so hesitant in returning to the board.

Also, his (godforum) website was posted by two individuals one minute after the other. How strange then that a third member would have been in contact with Donald.

Date: October 12, 2010 01:19AM

Also Darryl Thomas is quoted as saying to someone on youtube:

Darryl Thomas
@DetestiniAbductionss I published our little exchange on my blog. You can read it any old time you like. How many personalities, I mean, fake named accounts do you have?

Multiple personality disorder can be found in victims of extreme trauma. It is a coping mechanism as the brain compartmentalises.

Funny thing to say Darryl if you are reading this between licking Bernards ass. Didn't this: [www.youtube.com] used to be one of your old pages?

Oh look and old familiar friend is on the page. You guys are so crafty! God!

Nice address you provided "Scott" [webcache.googleusercontent.com]

East Coast Tile & Grout
53 Rockland Ave
Woodland Park, NJ 07424

I need my bathroom floor done, I'll be sure to give you a call. You will have to tell me when you are available between hoodwinking married women.

Re: Desteni, complaints, pyramid schemes, and BS
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: October 12, 2010 02:24AM

Bernard Poolman does NOT BeLIEve his own bullshit. He knows its BS and fiction.

All of the supposed Desteni "content", they know is simply the ruse, the distraction, the smoke.
The REAL tech, are all the persuasion techniques they are using on people, in a very amateur fashion. But even amateurs can seriously hurt people, often worse than experts, as the experts want to avoid serious trouble, whereas the amateur hacks can end up terribly hurting people, and getting in serious trouble for it.

by the way, no one was "telling" others what to do, in the scope of filing a complaint.
As was clearly stated, if someone was ripped off financially, or believes they were a victim of some type of "pyramid" scheme, then its within their rights as a citizen to file a report with the police fraud squad.
What a person does or does not do, is their own decision.

And who knows who is filing complaints?
There have been complaints filed by citizens who posted on these forums about various sects, which have forced sects and groups to change their false advertising, and frankly ILLEGAL claims of a medical nature, they were making on their websites.
Other groups looked into, were shut down by the authorities.
Websites have disappeared overnight.

Complaints may have already been filed.
And as stated, these days it appears that the police send in a trained undercover officer to infiltrate the pyramid scheme, and buy into it as a "customer", to collect hard evidence and intelligence on the financial payments and accounts, and who is making the money and running it, to bypass the front-people being used as dupes and patsies.
That way they can get to the top, collect hard evidence, and make it stick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2010 02:28AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: October 12, 2010 03:15AM

ForeverNoMatterWhat
Why don't one of you make the inquiry?

No-one has said they haven't.

Here's Poolman's own peculiar take on pyramid schemes:

"Pyramid Schemes" -- [www.youtube.com]

ForeverNoMatterWhat
The latter link I posted was interesting as there was a reference to Donald Herman apparently not being an Afrikaans speaker.

It may have been that the poster at [mybroadband.co.za] made a mistake in typing "Eng to Afr" and meant to type "Afr to Eng".

Most of the text on Herman's site was in Afrikaans and he always had a notice on his site requesting for financial help in getting content translated from Afrikaans to English.

[web.archive.org]

ForeverNoMatterWhat
I would assume he is German from the discussions we shared in the past.

I read somewhere on the God-Forum site Donald Herman stated he was of half-German, half-Scottish origin.

ForeverNoMatterWhat
I find it rather odd that Ferdi Poolman has been so hesitant in returning to the board.

If there was any truth in what Bernard said about Ferdi Poolman then making more posts here could've meant creating more trouble for himself than it's worth.

2:40: "Process Support - Rick Ross Phenomena" - [www.youtube.com]

ForeverNoMatterWhat
Oh look and old familiar friend is on the page. You guys are so crafty! God!

Nice address you provided "Scott"

Please can you explain what you mean by that?

Date: October 12, 2010 04:03AM

Of course. It was a sarcastic reference to masonry.

Current Page: 70 of 134

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.