Current Page: 53 of 134
Re: Desteni Productions Youtube human microchip implant, Guru-Führer.
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: September 17, 2010 01:04AM

Its possible a self-deluded cultic wannabe, believes he is going to rule the world.
But more likely, as stated its just a ruse to control his own followers.

Cultic leaders do the math.
For example, 1000 followers who spend $1000 a year = 1 million a year for the Guru-Führer.
300 followers at a mere $25 a month each = 150K for the Führer.

That's how they think, and the same thing applies to the Führer's other needs and desires.
The Guru wants to be the Führer. Its good to be the King. [www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Bernard Poolman's avatar, Desteni science fiction
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: September 17, 2010 08:02PM

Stoic brought up an interesting point about Poolman's avatar. Because of its fantastical cartoon-style imagery it will tend to appeal to people inspired by video games and sci-fi. Apocalyptic sci-fi and many video games contain elements of metaphysics, allegory, religious mythology. They can be very absorbing forms of entertainment presenting alternative universes in which the audience or readers immerse themselves.

There is a strong element of sci-fi in the Desteni material, from Anu the designer of the human being speaking through the "interdimensional portal" to the Star Trek-sounding pseudoscientific gobbledegook of "Structural Resonance Alignment" to "Reptilian sleeper cells" to the re-constructed Hitler, and so on.

The Desteni material is one big elaborate fantasy Poolman has cobbled together from various sources. He lists two favorite movies: "The Matrix" which has themes of living machines, virtual reality and Gnostic philosophy, and "V". If he means the TV miniseries the theme is alien reptilians. If he means the movie, "V for Vendetta" then it's totalitarianism. All of these themes are found in the Desteni material, alongside Poolman's fantasy of having been able to personally communicate with demons, otherworldly beings and dead people, all of whom promote the ideal of his Desteni way of life.

Many people have a world-view informed by all manner of fantastical "virtual reality" video games, science fiction movies and TV shows. The influence of the internet may have been a constant throughout their lives and they have been susceptible to an idea of the real world shaped by conspiracy theories and ufology, so much so many may have a blurred sense of where reality and fantasy begin and end. Partly because of that some live in an existential twilight zone matrix where secret societies rule the world, reptilians stalk the streets and if only one could be abducted by a ufo or travel through a stargate, the real world, which is not real because it's "the matrix", might become more exciting.

These are precisely the kind of people Bernard Poolman is targeting. They are often young, naive and impressionable. Easy meat.

He wants them to believe the fantasy that those who don't comply with Desteni are mind-controlled evil villains who must be zapped to smithereens, just like in a sci-fi video game. Funny how he has to tell them how to conduct themselves on YouTube, when it's their own channels they're running. Pathetic.

Re: Desteni
Posted by: wanderingcrow ()
Date: September 17, 2010 10:05PM

Poolman the purveyor of rehashed sci fi, new age gaga and cheap parlour tricks still reminds me of a preacher admonishing his wayward flock with guilt and fear. Them's that ain't with him are against him. I don't know who's more confused at this point the preacher or his congregation. Is it too soon to hope this house of cards is falling...

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: September 18, 2010 01:46AM

As SimulacronX mentioned re Scientology, it is well known that L Ron Hubbard was a not-so successful writer of science fiction before he hit on the idea of starting his own religion in order to make money.

The cosmology of Scientology with its 'body thetans' and higher beings from the planet Zenu (?) was made up by L Ron as the doctrine for his new religion--he just wrote another bad science fiction story and then set about using methods of persuasion and manipulation to get people to buy into the fantasy.

A lot of the appeal is in the hope to become a better or more successful person, which is not a bad goal for any of us.

Poolman has crassly copied L Ron's strategy--which was a scam from the beginning.

We have no option but to live in reality, there is no way out, no matter how many sci-fi stories promise perfection or superpowers at some unspecified time in the future. It is imperative to be clear about what is fact and what is fiction.

Forget clearing the world, until we can separate out fact from fantasy none of us can find our way out of a paper bag, let alone find our own way in the world.

I love to read, fact and fiction--so I know how easy it is to blur that line of distinction. I have also tried out stuff that I read in books to see if it would work in the real world. The results were what convinced me how important it is to know the difference. Thinking that Poolman's bogeyman is real and powerful or even might possibly be, in some other dimension or solar sytem, is the fast-track to paranoia.

Our minds are powerful things, 'garbage in, garbage out' holds true for minds even more than for computers.

Re: Bernard Poolman's avatar, Desteni science fiction
Posted by: Cresil1HumanOST ()
Date: September 18, 2010 12:46PM

Sandman, that was sort of a ass way of interrupting it,
I'd have to say 'your the most grounded', but it's also clear you either dismiss ALOT,
or haven't experienced anything but what's been 'set-up' for you.

- Cresil

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: September 18, 2010 04:30PM

Cresil, Sandman has given you his very reasoned interpretation--from his own experience--as I gave you mine. You are guessing, from very little information, that the posters here have little experience, just as you are guessing that Poolman has something important to say.

Poolman does have something to say that is important to him ---he is saying to his viewers that he wants control of their minds and their wallets.

You, me and all the viewers have our own decision to make about whether we give Poolman what he wants.

Personally, I am more interested in what I want than what Poolman wants. I can see that Poolman is a conman, so nothing that he wants can benefit me. I dont need any more information than that to stay well away from him.

The world is a big place with many conmen in it-----but if you look you will find that the conmen are far outnumbered by the normal ordinary people who just want to get on with their own lives without tangling too much with the likes of Poolman. They may not be too exciting--but those are the good people and they are just like you.

Life is boring often--there is no denying that, but don't get caught by Poolman's fantasy of a worldwide conspiracy just because what is in front of your face is sometimes not that exciting. If you look closely at what is really in front of your face and get interested in it, life becomes a lot less boring.

However as the saying goes, 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.'

It is your choice if you buy into Poolman's or L Ron's vision or whether you start to use your own vision to look at the world. You need to look closely to start to make sense of it all, not just accept what these conmen say.

And Cresil, if you cannot tell the difference between fact and fiction then you are in no position to make judgements about what is 'grounded' or not. Being clear about the difference is being grounded.

It is far more important that you are first 'grounded'---- standing on solid ground---then your judgement has a better chance of being grounded also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2010 04:34PM by Stoic.

Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: September 18, 2010 07:58PM

Cresil1HumanOST
Sandman, that was sort of a ass way of interrupting it,
I'd have to say 'your the most grounded', but it's also clear you either dismiss ALOT,
or haven't experienced anything but what's been 'set-up' for you.

- Cresil

Cresil, please can you explain what it is I interrupted in an "ass way"?

And what do I either dismiss A LOT or haven't the experience to know has been "set up" for me?

Posted by: it's edenheart ()
Date: September 19, 2010 04:21AM

As it was mentioned about Hubbard being a writer of science fiction and then started his own religion, I thought it would be interesting to note that "Darryl has a double major in Creative Writing and English at Bowling Green State University. Darryl has entered and won 2 times at National Novel Writing Month, an International competition."

Someone helping Mr poolman formulate his stories?

[www.fastcashfreelance.com]

Peace out.
It's edenheart

Posted by: Cresil1HumanOST ()
Date: September 19, 2010 04:13PM

It's amazing how much a being can create for themselves.

Yes to 'ground' is to distinguish a sense of balanced critical thinking,
but you seem to be extremely limited with-in your, 'boring life' scenario,
although I'm curious besides wavering the attention of the public with 'fantastic tales',
and a mixture of quantum and social sciences, historical findings along with any form of spirituality -
'moving' people in whatever ways, if YOU could get beyond what YOU wish to believe for yourself?

Also, "It is far more important that you are first 'grounded'---- standing on solid ground---
then (*than) your judgment has a better chance of being grounded also."

Thank you for basically telling me to 'shut up' until I reach SUCH A 'understanding'
upon what's 'really going on' AS YOU.
Allow me to make apparently another 'guess', and state that Your utterly self conceited.

- Cresil

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2010 04:24PM by Cresil1HumanOST.

Posted by: wanderingcrow ()
Date: September 19, 2010 06:11PM

Is it getting hot in here? I'm just going to open a portal and let some air in...and now back to our regular program highlights. In last week's episode Poolman and L.Ron were battling it out for sci fi supremacy in the Enki versus Xenu world MESTFEST CONmanship. I'm working on the story board now.

Current Page: 53 of 134

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.