Current Page: 50 of 134
Re: DesteniProductions, YouTube, Bernard Poolman
Posted by: wanderingcrow ()
Date: September 09, 2010 11:09AM

Has anyone noticed Poolmans tone in his newer video's? Is he finally managing to temper that hyper maniacal raving. The last few posts had a softer tone which made me wonder if these new forays into foundations and parties forced him into changing tactics to appeal to the softer new age crowd he's campaigning for. The one on vegetarianism was so passive compared to last months that his blatant attempt at relating was worth the two minutes of painful listening.

@ Sandman
I think thats been a part of my reticence in challenging them on the Destini channel. I want to keep my Youtube channel a no Destini Freezone. Even posting let alone subscribing to anti destini channels sets you up to be targeted.
I like the barking mad reference it made me laugh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: james1951 ()
Date: September 15, 2010 02:39AM

wanderingcrow
Has anyone noticed Poolmans tone in his newer video's? Is he finally managing to temper that hyper maniacal raving. The last few posts had a softer tone which made me wonder if these new forays into foundations and parties forced him into changing tactics to appeal to the softer new age crowd he's campaigning for. The one on vegetarianism was so passive compared to last months that his blatant attempt at relating was worth the two minutes of painful listening.

@ Sandman
I think thats been a part of my reticence in challenging them on the Destini channel. I want to keep my Youtube channel a no Destini Freezone. Even posting let alone subscribing to anti destini channels sets you up to be targeted.

My guess is he is trying to appear more like a "normal" person instead of a cult figure in the likes of Jimmy Jones, Charles Manson, David Koresh and Marshall Applewhite of "Heavens Gate" fame.

It was sad to see the damage done to so many young people by those cults and sadder still to imagine it could possibly be taking place once again.

Re: Desteni
Date: September 15, 2010 03:44AM

Destini Productions although it sounds like the work of a writer trying to make some money in the vein of Hubbard and his Scientology and Daryl Anka AKA Bashar, also may have the makings of a Jimmy Jones, Charles Manson, David Koresh tragedy. Or even a "Heavens Gate" led by Marshall Applewhite, may be in the making.

Whatever the future holds,there are many psychologically, spiritually, emotionally challenged, social misfits who need to belong to something so badly, ready to be gathered in and controlled and abused by the leaders of this cult.

This Particular one takes place on a "Farm" in south africa and because of its political leanings it makes me think of the book. "Animal Farm" Where the Pigs who were more equal than the other animals took control.

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: September 15, 2010 04:07AM

'Has anyone noticed Poolmans tone in his newer video's?'

Something that sets apart the more successful conmen from the also-rans is their ability to think on their feet and to change, chameleon-like, to appeal to the vulnerabilities of whoever is currently in their sights.

When working a scam there is a constant feedback or 'cold-reading' taken from the mark which the conman uses to adjust his story and give it more immediate appeal and also to gloss over any inconsistencies that appear that might alert the mark.
I avoid too much exposure to Poolman's schtick as he makes me feel ill, but I would suggest that he is fine-tuning his pitch in an attempt to improve his retention rate. Perhaps he has decided to target marks with more disposable income than than those he has previously fished, who seem to be very young and impressionable and unlikely to have much cash to spare.
He could, of course, be reading along here and picking up tips, he doesn't seem particularly bright to me and he has a lot of competition in the crowded conman market.

Date: September 15, 2010 04:25AM

I would rather Mr Poolman be a conman. SO what if he makes a few bucks from those who fall for his con. But if he really believes the gibberish he espouses, he could do even more damage to those he is using. Unfortunately ity seems some of his followers are already in too deep.

Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: September 15, 2010 05:31AM

wanderingcrow
Has anyone noticed Poolmans tone in his newer video's? Is he finally managing to temper that hyper maniacal raving...

Yes, well he does sound like a rabid dog in some of his talks. I'm not convinced he's tempered his raving though. Some of his recent talks might seem less loud and aggressive, but I'm not sure that he isn't just a bit tired out. It must be hard work keeping up the facade of being at the forefront of "the future of the universe".

He hasn't lost any of his ferocious way of speaking. In this one he tries to lay a guilt trip on vegans: "Oil & Vegans" -- [www.youtube.com] -- and calls them "liars and cheaters". He needs to chill out. If people want to be vegan that's up to them, they're not forcing it on anyone else. He sounds like a hammy villain in a sci-fi movie. I'm sure it's deliberate.

In "Process Support - Pregnant Mothers" -- [www.youtube.com] -- he gives his "expert" advice on childbirth, recommends Caeserian section (because then the child will be like "Caesar", which is good, apparently) and denounces natural childbirth. He makes some of his typical demented statements such as "the defence of free choice is the defence of evil".

Why anyone wants to imagine that Bernard Poolman is anything other than a two-bit dumbass con-artist I don't know. It's obvious, he's just chosen the new age cult business as his particular field of operation, there's no subtlety in it.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: September 15, 2010 05:42AM

If Bernard Poolman is making statements like "the defence of free choice is the defence of evil".

That is Jim Jones territory, to try to get followers to give up their own ability to think for themselves, and let Bernard Poolman do their thinking for them.
But even a conman on the lunatic-fringe can get control of a small group of people, and do serious damage to them.

Poolman is probably kicking himself for not creating media-hype for a Koran Burning, or something to get attention.

It seems the media has completely ignored Desteni. The media only come in when its already too late.

Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: September 15, 2010 04:44PM

james1951
I would rather Mr Poolman be a conman. SO what if he makes a few bucks from those who fall for his con. But if he really believes the gibberish he espouses, he could do even more damage to those he is using. Unfortunately ity seems some of his followers are already in too deep.

That is quite an interesting point. I'm not sure what difference it makes. Some of the followers are already in too deep whether he is a con-man or deluded. They've all been fooled by the "equal money" scam.

It may be that he does not so much believe what he espouses but that he regards it as important to create a certain effect. That being, to establish Desteni as a successful business.

He may be an out-and-out con-man suffering from the delusion that what he says has much more of a universal appeal than it could ever possibly have. He could be a fantasist who can't relate to the world other than through lying, and thinks that the more he tells his lies the more they will become true.

Poolman is deliberately placing Desteni in a cultural context where new age philosophies have begun to appear more redundant than ever. Many of his audience may be disaffected new agers who still hold true to some of their former ideals in the hope that they might be true while rejecting others. It is not an easy niche to defend because on the one hand he rejects new age dogma and on the other he uses it to promote his own agenda, which is much more negative yet in many ways still complies with conventional new age beliefs.

My question would be, has he so completely brainwashed Sunette Spies into imagining she is an "interdimensional portal" or has he merely got her to collaborate with him in trying to con the public?

Posted by: Cresil1HumanOST ()
Date: September 15, 2010 04:45PM

"Why anyone wants to imagine that Bernard Poolman is anything other than a two-bit dumbass con-artist I don't know."

The Desteni logic reply to that would be that your very limited with-in your own observation.
You 'will never' allow yourself to reach out.

Posted by: wanderingcrow ()
Date: September 15, 2010 05:26PM

But Poolman is not limited??? That's rich...HA! I'd rather stab my ankle with a pencil than "reach out" to that steaming cessPoolman's idea of logic. I'm weary of this Destini carnival. Where is the dung sweeper when you need one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2010 05:28PM by wanderingcrow.

Current Page: 50 of 134

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.