Current Page: 46 of 134
Re: Desteni
Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: August 27, 2010 06:29AM

'Have all cults had the end ambition of money?'

No, is the short answer. There are political cults, family cults, cults around virtually every human endeavour I should imagine.

The purpose of a cult is purely to serve the ego needs of the leader--he needs the attention and adulation of the followers far more than they need him although that fact has to remain hidden from the followers---and the ego needs are generally translated into power and money for the leader, for how else is he to demonstrate his superiority and differentiate himself from the herd?

Strangely, I learned today that Kim Jong Il of North Korea abolished money in that benighted and famine-stricken country earlier this year. It was an attempt to wipe out the economic problems by wiping out money. It didn't work and he had to reinstate the currency, however debased it is. Perhaps he and Poolman could put their heads together over this equal money trick.
[online.wsj.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2010 06:39AM by Stoic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 27, 2010 06:33AM

I apologise Sandman, I had read ThomDarc quote you directly on it below your comment but I see now it was a quote from the [www.godlikeproductions.com] forum.

[forum.culteducation.com]

On the note of the head shaving being a prerequisite to membership after 2009:

Here is a one member Maite shaving her hair in June 2008. At that time referring to the "process" as to "To Shave or to Slave - Beauty System Demon in ACTION" [www.youtube.com]

Sunette with shaved hair in 2007: [www.youtube.com]

And here is the page of long time prominent member Ingrid(tullepie) who I don't believe has shaved her hair: [www.youtube.com]

And rather than shaving, Marlen Life first cutting off her hair in may 2008: [www.youtube.com] (Marlen has now shaved her hair completely.)

What do you suppose is the reason members are told to shave their hair?

Also is this the Rapport magazine Desteni were featured in: [webcache.googleusercontent.com] ?

Posted by: gabrielmt ()
Date: August 27, 2010 06:40AM

Wanna hear something stupid? To not use shampoo, "shame-poo" (by bernard poolman). Ridiculous, isn't it?

Date: August 27, 2010 07:11AM

Yes I have heard that before Gabrielmt. I am curious as to when that term was introduced...

There is something I forgot to point out in including that video of Marlen first cutting her hair short 2008, as a precursor to her eventual complete hair shave.

Tullepie (now 54) makes an interesting remark towards the young Marlen (now 23):

tullepie
2 years ago

Isn't cutting your hair not just; changing the picture? Aren't you now not just defining yourself as someone with short hair? I don't get it...
tullepie 2 years ago
MarlenLife
2 years ago

I explain further in discussions 2 hair thread. It is just changing the picture, yes, the projected mind illusion of reality... but i had attachment to it, so that's why i'm just daring to do this and once you do it, realize that it's not such a great deal. it's pictures that's all, i've already done sf on defining me as having short hair now.
transcendence point within; me Ingrid... thanks
MarlenLife 2 years ago

Now... I would also like to highlight the description below Marlens video:

MarlenLife Youtube
Getting rid of definitions in separation of myself within and as hair. This done as assistance for process of self realization beyond pictures and images as projections of mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2010 07:26AM by ForeverNoMatterWhat.

Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: August 27, 2010 07:31AM

ForeverNoMatterWhat
I apologise Sandman, I had read ThomDarc quote you directly on it below your comment but I see now it was a quote from the [www.godlikeproductions.com] forum.

No problem...

The shaved heads were in the offing for a while, but it wasn't until more recently that having one became mandatory for those who want to show they are dedicated to the group. As far as I understand it, they can choose not to shave their heads but then they won't be considered as being serious about their 'process' or as part of the group. I didn't think the term 'Shame-Poo' was introduced until the launch of FaceWorldFaceOff but it might have been earlier.

The shaved head concept was supposedly a flash of inspiration of Poolman's when he was talking to Cameron Cope on the farm. There's an article about it on the website but I don't have the link.

ForeverNoMatterWhat
What do you suppose is the reason members are told to shave their hair?

I think it's for Poolman to demonstrate to himself that he has a measure of control over them, and it's convenient for him as he's already gone bald anyway. But the odd thing is the skinhead look is also popular amongst neo-Nazis -- and sometimes in the Goth/fetish scene.

He's now demanding to see the ID cards of students of the 'Structural Resonance Alignment Training': "Process Support - SRA Training & Identity" -- [www.youtube.com]

ForeverNoMatterWhat
Also is this the Rapport magazine Desteni were featured in: [webcache.googleusercontent.com] ?

No, here are two of the links to the articles (and there should be another one on there if you can find it):

[www.rapport.co.za] and

[www.rapport.co.za]

Date: August 27, 2010 11:55AM

Thank you for the links Sandman. I agree with what you said about Poolman exerting demonstrable control.

tullepie
2 years ago
Isn't cutting your hair not just; changing the picture? Aren't you now not just defining yourself as someone with short hair? I don't get it...

When I read this comment, I got the feeling the young woman involved was being covertly chastised by one of the more inner circle for keeping a semblance of personal identity. To which Marlen felt the need to justify her decision and then thank Ingrid for the "advice." Having stated she forgave herself for having short hair, as opposed to no hair at all?

Posted by: gabrielmt ()
Date: August 27, 2010 06:24PM

There are so many incoherences on Desteni behaviours I can't understand how a person inside don't realize it. Oh, I see, you do self-forgiveness™ and don't think more about it... The last thing you achieve doing it it's supposed to be "Stop all thoughts, feelings and emotions™" and then you'll become some sort of "trascended soul"... bernard says if you don't do it now you will do it when you die and will be more difficult.

Ok, seriously, do you think a human being can really stop "thoughts, feelings and emotions™"? It's this some sort of classical brainwashing?

You don't think shave your head is a good or useful thing - SF™ your fear of doing it and now you can do it.
You don't think it's a good idea to give your money to Desteni - SF™ for the fear of losing your money and you can happyly send it now.
Etcetera.

You have to be aware that members are told to write endless list of SF™ and do it again, and again, and shout it (I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to™...), and blame themselves for not being as efficient as they are told to be, always blaming yourself, always that guilty feeling.

Is there any documentation about that kind of practice? It's just a typical form of brainwasing, or it's someting new?

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 27, 2010 08:54PM

gabrielmt:

See [www.culteducation.com]

This section explains the basics of cults and cult manipulation.

See [www.culteducation.com]

This is the subsection within this site about "brainwashing."

Posted by: Luc St.Amand ()
Date: August 28, 2010 11:10PM

I have an account with desteni ongoing to this day for a year and a half, and I would like to share my perspective.

While both sides make great pionts, the ultimate truth which needs no defence is people are dieing uneccassarly all over the world by the millions every year. While this is happening the rest of the world that is not dieing uneccassarly is arguing antics of religion, beliefs, economy and social structures ect. I mean, "can we all just get along"?
and find practical silutions to ending all the uneccassary deaths? What will it take for us to just throw down are guards and start being sef honest. What do I mean by "self honest"? that we acknowlege that it is a problem and that it needs to stop. Thats what I mean by self honest.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: August 29, 2010 08:00AM

Luc St.Amand:

You are going off topic.

This thread is focused on Destini.

Current Page: 46 of 134

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.