Current Page: 39 of 134
Re: Desteni
Posted by: Citizendc ()
Date: July 25, 2010 08:23AM

Wow. My name is Ferdi Poolman. Bernard Poolman is my brother. We have not spoken for many years. Do I love him? Yes. Do I like him? No
I want to set the record straight. The reading and language program was designed by me and a team of people of which most of them are still working for me. No person at this Destiny thing ever worked on it. My brother's total input was less then ten words. The product was stolen by my brother. We were four people that made a deal. Myself, two of my current employees and my brother. My brother would sell the product and we will own and develop it. As what his history shows, not being able to work with money, things went sour. We went our separate ways.
It pisses me off that people will take credit for other people's hard work.
I have been silent long enough. I was hoping that one day his eyes will open. It seems that is not the case.
I am not english but I will do my best to make myself understood.

Hello Ferdi,

Thank you for coming forward and sharing this.

Could you please clarify the following:

1. What was the purpose behind the software? (Was it a vocabulary purifier as advertised now on desteni?)
2. Why was Bernard selected to sell the software?
3. When did this software theft occur?
4. Was this matter taken to court?
5. Can you share the company/partnership name used to publish and sell the software under?
6. Did Bernard acquire the full source code of the application?
7. Which programming language was used in developing the software?

I ask these questions as desteni members have tactics they use to suppress criticism relating to their organisation. The more facts we have, the more difficult it will be for them to ignore your statement.

Thanks,

Cit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2010 08:25AM by Citizendc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: July 25, 2010 05:16PM

Zebork
The reading and language program was designed by me and a team of people of which most of them are still working for me. No person at this Destiny thing ever worked on it. My brother's total input was less then ten words. The product was stolen by my brother.

Hi Ferdi, thanks for your input.

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but it seems that software is now trademarked as the Quantum Vocabulary Builder as sold by Cameron Cope and Katie Conklin via the Desteni Education website at http://destenieducation.com/vocabulary_builder.html

Posted by: gabrielmt ()
Date: July 25, 2010 07:28PM

Hi,

My brother first contact with deteni was two years ago. In the beggining I thought desteni was not a threat, they talked about bizzarre things but, as stated at the beginning of this thread, looked serious.

I started to worry about it when the SRA's 3500€ course started, and more when my brother received a 3000€ student grant from the government some weeks ago. I realized that if I didn't act he was going to send the money to the south-african group owned by Bernard.

He is convinced that bernard is going to change the world, he believes in the refurbished communist theory "equal money for all" (I really want to see in first person bernard's bank note printing machine...), he shaves his head to stand for "oneness and equality", he does that "self-forgiveness" brainwashing shit etc.

Im trying to convince him that they are brainwashing him, that what he believes (desteni has answers to everything) it's just false, that he is going to loose all his money in that shit, trying make him realize the huge amounts of inconsitencies and contradictions on the desteni "material", trying to show him all the dirty things about bernard's past, but he doesn't see reason.

When I explained him what Ferdie Poolman said about the stolen software (you can check Ferdie's page to see he is legit - [www.readersareleaders.co.za]) he said: "It's ok (for bernard) to steal that sofware if it serves at a greater purpouse, I'm shure his brother was trying only to get him rich selling that software". WTF??? Is he really listening to what is he saying?¿

I can not dialogate with him in that terms. He does not realize the level of his brainwashing. I need tools...

Please, I am really worried.

Thanks to everybody on this forum, without your help many of us would be defenceless against Desteni.

Posted by: Cresil1HumanOST ()
Date: July 26, 2010 06:54AM

Stand up to your brother, make a you-tube channel and announce yourself while exposing Bernard's character.

Posted by: Citizendc ()
Date: July 26, 2010 08:27PM

Hi gabrielmt,

Learning more about how cults work and how people get themselves into cults can help in speaking with their members.
When speaking to members privately, its sometimes best not to attack them or their beliefs directly as it can end the conversation, sometimes forever.
One approach I see some success with is asking them questions that will get them thinking; in desteni they dont promote much thinking and members are often influenced not to think by being directed to "read the material".

Here is an example. You can ask something like, what do you think about dishonesty? Allow an answer, then ask if they tolerate dishonesty? Again let them answer, then ask them if their leader was dishonest would they still follow them? Allow them to answer, and then show what dishonesties you have foundabout their leader. Look at their response and see if it contradicts their previous response, then make it clear to them that they just said X and now are saying Y.
I havent tested this yet, but I think this may get a cult member thinking again as apposed to reciting what they have been told.

What Cresil suggested is a good start too.

Regards,

Cit

Date: July 27, 2010 07:40PM

Actually human,
I was talking to Bernard's brother.

Posted by: Zebork ()
Date: July 27, 2010 08:38PM

I need a bit of time to think things through. It seems the scope of what Bernard created is hurting a lot more people then I ever thought possible.
I have written my first post emotionally and as Citizendc points out, you need facts and proof.
Whatever I say will be in most cases be an opinion or hear say.
I am worried that this can consume my life. I have around 30 people with families working for me.
I know that they will attack my character. I am no saint. I was at some stage a soldier, a mercenary and a drunk. I have a criminal record for assault with intent.
I have decided years ago to change my ways and to try and always do the right thing. Learn from my past and move forward. This has already taught me that it is a much harder road then not to care about people.
There are in my opinion a lot of deception from Desteni. There are a lot of input on this thread that I think is spot on.
I can say one thing, if you cross paths with my brother, run and do not look back.

Date: July 30, 2010 01:41AM

Not only dose there need to be 'fact-based' physical or logical proof,
but I'd like to hear about your experiences with your 'brother', if you are as you present yourself.
Bernard might attempt to make an example of you, considering your character - but you might be able to bring to light
the origin and purpose of Desteni and what it's driving towards.

Why is Bernard so frightening?

I encourage you to step forth on youtube, aloud.

Danke,
Cresil

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 30, 2010 09:31AM

Hello.

If "Ferdi" is Poolmans brother, it would be assumed that "Bernard Poolman" is using his real name. Which I am not convinced he is.

The question I have is, is anyone able to confirm or deny the existence of an individual who goes by the name of "Donald Herman" online.

An example of him posting can be found here:

Donald Herman posting on SpiritLibrary

As well as here:

Second Post by Aruan9 (Donald Herman) at Spiritlibrary

Also if you read the the third page of comments under the following video,

Aruan9 "Donald Herman" and "Bernard Poolman" argue under Spamanns (Ann1986) video

"Aruan9" and "Bernard Poolman" appear to be arguing. However after these couple of years of indirect involvement with the cult, it seems heavily contrived to me.

"Aruan9" has said the farm is located in Durban, South Africa. He also stated in 2008 that youtube user MarleyDawkins (formerly resolveitall) received death threats from Desteni, a point which MarleyDawkins did not contend during the discussion on youtube, in 2008. Suspiciously, MarleyDawkins has now joined Desteni. I personally feel this was a ploy to create a controversy which would secure further curiousity about the cult. Or alternatively, ward off any other individuals from fighting against them.

If anyone could confirm whether Donald Herman is in fact a real person, (with evidence to support this) I feel it could be very beneficial to unravelling Desteni and their lies.

Thank you for your time.

Bernard Poolman, Rentia Poolman, Ferdi Poolman, Aruan9, Donald Herman
Posted by: Sandman ()
Date: July 30, 2010 10:25PM

Thanks, ForeverNoMatterWhat. Here's my two cents worth.

It is likely that Bernard Poolman is his real name. He has acknowledged that Ferdi Poolman is his brother. See: 'Process Support - Do not make fires unnecessarily' -- [www.youtube.com]

Ferdi has an educational software website based in SA, link to which was provided earlier in this thread.

Acupuncturist and Homeopath, Rentia Poolman is listed here:
[www.medpages.co.za]

Rentia is the name referred to as Bernard Poolman's ex-wife on the Desteni website at this page: [desteni.co.za]

Having said that, there's no reason to assume that Bernard Poolman is not Donald Herman and/or Aruan9 as well, and that certain ploys were used to ward off individuals or to create controversy.

The Desteni Farm is located in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands near Pietermaritzburg. Fact! ;-)

If Ferdi could provide some more information on all of this I'm sure that anyone who's been reading this thread for the past two years would appreciate it. Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2010 10:25PM by Sandman.

Current Page: 39 of 134

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.